Dynamic help

FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,566
edited October 2012 in The Commons

I am a long time dynamic user in poser and have enjoyed success with DS and it's limited dynamics, but I am stumped on this one. I have a scene that has a sofa with genesis lounging on it and I need to drape the dynamic sheet from the store across her waist, which I have done before in other scenes. for some reason the sheet is not contacting with the genesis mesh even thought it is set up to. It drapes over the sofa fine, but misses genesis altogether. Any ideas why it's doing this or if I can get it to work?

Post edited by FSMCDesigns on

Comments

• cwichuracwichura Posts: 1,042
    edited October 2012

Try setting Genesis to base resolution. The draping engine needs fairly large polys to collide against, and subdivided figures have faces that are often too small. Two levels of subdivision guarantees the drape engine will fall right through the figure. I've also had it fall through figures with one level of subdivision (the default for Genesis), but that's hit-or-miss.

After the drape is complete, you can switch Genesis back to high resolution.

Post edited by cwichura on
  • MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited October 2012

For using Dynamic Cloth with Genesis, see here - http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=174408

See also this thread for using Smoothing Modifier with DC - http://forumarchive.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?p=3365292#3365292

Post edited by Mattymanx on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,870
    edited December 1969

You are colliding the cloth with the root node ("Genesis") rather than the bones?

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited December 1969

You can also just apply a full bodysuit to Genesis and set opacity to zero and have the cloth collide against that. It's lower poly than Genesis cause dynamics sometimes fall through high polygon meshes. This way you don't have to set Genesis to base resolution.