norton won't let me download the beta

trikhon_8d763470dbtrikhon_8d763470db Posts: 54
edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

I've tried to download the beta and norton says that it contains ws.reputation.1
so it just deletes the downloaded file

this has never happened to me before,daz files have always been absolutely clean.

can some one please tell me what is happening?

Comments

• SockrateaseSockratease Posts: 813
    edited October 2012

I've tried to download the beta and norton says that it contains ws.reputation.1
    so it just deletes the downloaded file

this has never happened to me before,daz files have always been absolutely clean.

can some one please tell me what is happening?

Norton is happening. Not enough people downloaded it, so they say it has a bad reputation.

Solution : Turn Norton off, or better yet - get rid of it entirely!

Post edited by Sockratease on
  • BC RiceBC Rice Posts: 591
    edited December 1969

No, don't get rid of Norton. It's the best. :D

Just go to your little norton button and turn off slider that checks everything you download. Easy peasy. :)

• Kevin SandersonKevin Sanderson Posts: 1,643
    edited December 1969

It's Norton, not DAZ, causing the problem. Disable Norton so you can download and install the beta.

• adzanadzan Posts: 268
    edited December 1969

If the Daz Studio download finished you will find it in the Norton Quarantine, you can restore the file from Quarantine .. you can find under it under > Advanced > Quarantine > click on the Daz Studio item in the list > then select More Details > Choose Restore and Ignore.

I would suggest disabling Norton while you install Daz Studio as it will prevent the installation of the Daz Studio content and the Daz Studio Content Manager.
    To temporarily suspend Norton > Right click on the Norton icon on the task bar and select > Disable AntiVirus Auto Protection, you could probably choose 15 minutes or until you reboot and then make sure you reboot after installing Daz Studio