Technical question on textures

cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hello,

I have for example a character with a skin texture. Is it possible in some way to lay another graphic like a tattoo or a wound or something like this, maybe waterlines on parts of the characters skin without drawing directly on the texture jpeg via a graphic program?

and if, how?

thank you
:)

Comments

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

Layered Image Editor. It's built into DS4. I'm not sure about previous versions.

• edited December 1969

It's a plugin for DS3: Multi-Layered Image Editor. I get a lot of use out of it, tbh. There are some great preset kits by other vendors for things like grime and blood-spatters.

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

Just be aware that it has the habit of being slow as molasses.

• edited December 1969

It's not quite 'get a cup of coffee' slow, but definitely expect to give it a minute or so to finish updating (or in some cases, loading). The larger the base texture is, obviously enough, the slower it is.

• info_7ab70978f3info_7ab70978f3 Posts: 78
    edited December 1969

Photo Shop Doc PSD from Adobe is your file format/tool (non DAZ Studio) supported by Poser (later versions) GIMP as free editor Stable

• SotoSoto Posts: 1,437
    edited December 1969

Multi Layered Image Editor is very cool. Just place the desired graphics over the texture inside Daz Studio. I always use it on textures to give them more options without messing with the original texture file or creating variants of it.

• cosmo71cosmo71 Posts: 3,609
    edited December 1969

I have the MLIE but must say, I haven`t done anything with this tool until now, I have tried something but in some way I can`t get any result. Maybe because I don`t know what to do :)