How do I disable my tablet pen?

fred mertzfred mertz Posts: 25

I have the strangest problem in Daz 4.5 (which I still don't like but am TRYING to learn to use). Half the actions required to open and run the program require me to click buttons, etc. but only my tablet and pen will work. Mouse clicks will not work. On the other half - and the order seems very random, the pen won't work and the mouse will.

Is there some switch I can turn off in Daz 4.5 to DISABLE the pen? I am so used to using a mouse for Daz that a pen is not normal for me.

Tech stats I am on Windows 7 and use a Wacom Intuous PK 440 pen.

Comments

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

That is strange! I am on W7Professional, DS4.5.0.137 (the beta), and a Wacom Intuos3 tablet.
    I have had the parameter slider overreacting sometimes, but never your experience.
    Did you look in your Wacom Settings? With my tablet, I can change the settings for different software ...

• fred mertzfred mertz Posts: 25
    edited December 1969

The strange part is the randomness of it all. Some buttons respond to the mouse and not the pen, others to the pen but not the mouse and NONE to both. I keep having to swap tools and that is frustrating.

I tried to use the Wacom control panel, but there is no "disable pen for this program" setting.

Grrrrrrrr....

edited December 1969

There is no "Set to mouse" in the projection tab of your control panel?

edited December 1969

Kerya,

I don't understand where I would find this "set to mouse" because I can't figure out what the projection tab is. Can you elaborate?

edited December 1969

Sorry, I am German and my tablet speaks German too ...
    I am attaching a picture.

wacom.jpg
    559 x 604 - 81K
    edited December 1969

Danke, Kerya. Ich werde versuchen, dieses heraus.

edited December 1969

:)
    I hope it works!

edited December 1969

Sadly, I have not been able to get the Wacom tablet control panel to turn off the pen. When I change the button all that happens is the control of the pen becomes more difficult. I want to KILL the pen. I want to be able to do all clicks with a mouse. It is the randomness of the pen/mouse clicks that drives me crazy.

To start up the program, I have to click three times with the pen and twice with the mouse.

It makes no sense.

edited December 1969

It really makes no sense. Because I am starting my software with doubleclicks (ok, I am using the button on the pen for doubleclicks, but all the same).
    Does the pen work in other software?
    Maybe something really hiccuped.
    Do you have many manual settings?
    If not, you may try with the other Wacom control panel - the one that clears all settings and resets to factory state.