Redacted

cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
edited December 2022 in The Commons

​Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on

Comments

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,984
    edited October 2012

The Wildmane hair that comes with DS4/4.5 is Genesis hair and you'll have to parent the hair to the head and fiddle to with the translation dials to get a fit on non-Genesis figures. I have that hair prop version (.hr2) and it has all of those fits listed on the product page.

Looks like DAZ bought out most of Neftis' older hair so those are all on sale in the PC Hair sale category.

ScreenShot005.jpg
    475 x 827 - 58K
    Post edited by Lindsey on
  • foleyprofoleypro Posts: 458
    edited December 1969

Before you Parent to the head Place where you want and then Parent...

I have had to in the Past and open up the file as a text file and manually input the y coordinates to make sure that the hair fits...I havent had to do this lately because I have not had to use Hair Because of ZBrush's fibre mesh...Just saying thats what I had to do....

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

​Redacted

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Do you see ANY fit morphs?

edited May 2022

​Redacted

• niccipbniccipb Posts: 483
    edited December 1969

Hi cridgit...

Like Lindsey said, and according to your screen shot, you have loaded the Genesis version of Wildmane hair. The give away are the morphs for Basic Female, Basic Male and Basic Child.

Hope this helps... :)

• LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,984
    edited October 2012

I was able to load H3 and fit the Genesis's Wildmane hair:

1. Load the Wildmane hair onto H3. If it's "fit to" it will land on the middle of his head.
    2. Select the Wildmane hair and change the "fit to" to "none'. The hair will position above his head.
    3. Change the Wildmane Y-Translate to -12.00 to move the hair over hiro's head.
    4. Finally, in the Scene tab, select the Wildmane hair, right click and "Parent to.." Genesis' head.

Here is a thread on the same issue using this hair on M4: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/4702/

hiro.jpg
    825 x 898 - 173K
    Post edited by Lindsey on
    edited May 2022

​Redacted

edited May 2022

​Redacted

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

Hope it works for you! :-)

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

cridgit said:
    Ok its sorted. I reinstalled the hair and now I get a new HR2 appear which wasn't there before. I can only think the previous installation went awry (now I'm wondering what other products are not installed properly ...)

Thank you all for helping me find the problem, hair's to you! Cheers. And apologies for my terrible pun.

I think it hit some things that come with the default content for DS.
    The subdragon is another one.
    It comes as a LE version with DS and I've heard others complain they lost their bought, full Subdragon when installing the DS default content.