Haley

2»

Comments

• I bought Haley just for the hair, which is very nice on Haley, but when I put it on V7, there's distortion of the bangs over the eyebrows. Anyone know what could be causing this? tx

HaleyHairOnV7.png
    1000 x 1000 - 1M
  • caravellecaravelle Posts: 2,340

I don't know why, but the same happened when I tried to apply any G3F hair other than Haley Hair to Haley. It looks as if this character only works with its own hair and its own clothes (which I don't own), and that nothing of this all can be applied to other G3F figures (I don't know about Haley's clothes; maybe they are interchangeable). I think this should be told in the promo informations.

• I tried loading Haley and her hair and then dialing her shape down to zero, and the bangs immediately distorted, so it does appear to have something to do with the shape. I'll put in a help ticket. 

caravelle said:

I don't know why, but the same happened when I tried to apply any G3F hair other than Haley Hair to Haley. It looks as if this character only works with its own hair and its own clothes (which I don't own), and that nothing of this all can be applied to other G3F figures (I don't know about Haley's clothes; maybe they are interchangeable). I think this should be told in the promo informations.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,175

The UShirt has a fair degree of bridging across the cleavage, so when you apply a morph like haley that shrinks the breasts it is probably having less effect on the central portion, fursthest away from any skin, and soleaving that section behind while it pulls the mesh over and closer to the breasts in. A Smoothing Modifier may help.

The UShirt has a fair degree of bridging across the cleavage, so when you apply a morph like haley that shrinks the breasts it is probably having less effect on the central portion, fursthest away from any skin, and soleaving that section behind while it pulls the mesh over and closer to the breasts in. A Smoothing Modifier may help.

Thank you, Richard, but I tried almost all G3F clothes I own on Haley, always with the same or nearly the same results. As Melissa said, it must have something to do with the shape. Or this figure only works in 4.9+

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited May 2016

Greetings,

caravelle said:

Today I bought Haley (character + hair). Too late I saw that she comes with Iray materials only. Okay, I have Girl 7, several megatons of other G3F skins, and shaders for the hair. The hair was the smallest problem; it works quite fine with 3Delight. Bigger problem is the distortion of clothes, as shown on Karth's UShirt, which is normally a model shirt. I am still working with DS 4.6 - could it be that this is the reason why Haley's torso bends all clothes out of shape?

Unfortunately probably not; one of the things I've found with Skyler and Rayn, and thus probably also with Haley, is that 3D Universe does something 'different' to the torso of the characters, which makes clothes have an odd amount of trouble conforming.  It's worse (and yet more understandable) with the younger characters (e.g. normal G3F clothes are modeled with a breast bridge, which then creates a ridge when the breasts aren't as present).  I've found that Hexagon's 'soften' tool works wonders for this, and then you can save a morph to the clothing, but it can get a bit frustrating to have to do it regularly with different clothes.

--  Morgan

Post edited by CypherFOX on
  • TaozTaoz Posts: 9,743
    edited May 2016
    caravelle said:

Today I bought Haley (character + hair). Too late I saw that she comes with Iray materials only. Okay, I have Girl 7, several megatons of other G3F skins, and shaders for the hair. The hair was the smallest problem; it works quite fine with 3Delight. Bigger problem is the distortion of clothes, as shown on Karth's UShirt, which is normally a model shirt. I am still working with DS 4.6 - could it be that this is the reason why Haley's torso bends all clothes out of shape?

EDIT: not perfect if you compare with the promos for the shirt, but at least an improvement IMO.

Same problem in 4.9.1.30. But you can fix it to some degree with Sickleyield's Wear Them All:

si-wearthemall-ushirt-haley.jpg
    716 x 823 - 355K
    si-wearthemall-ushirt-haley2.jpg
    554 x 355 - 56K
    Post edited by Taoz on
  • takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,946
    edited May 2016

I bought the bundle, but am in the process of a return/refund as it's in opposition to genesis....Meaning the clothing/hair is incompatible with genesis 3 morphs, plus the shorts auto-hides body parts...Also, the collar morphs looks as though the X-scale morph is set at 105 which looks unnatural, I didn't think it would be this toonish and stylized from the promos, so yeah, a bad purchase on my part!

Time to cross 3DU off my list!

Post edited by takezo_3001 on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,602
    CypherFOX said:

Greetings,

Skyler at...what, 14?  16?

I think the toonish-ness is mostly in the skin texture (and those expressions o_O); it might be interesting to see what she looks like with slightly more realistic skin texture.

I'm also curious to see how other G3F clothes fit her, as that was a real problem with Skyler and Rayn.

I love the boots, though. :)

--  Morgan

...I'd say physique wise, more like 17.going on 18. Still a cute character and yes, her face looks a lot like a slightly older Skyler.  Would be interesting to put the original Skyler through the Growing Up morphs and dial in an older teen to see what happens..

@Taozen: In fact this looks much better, but I really don't like to buy another product just to make the one I bought before behave like it should... Guess what I did. ;-)

'Wear them all' is already on my wishlist; I am waiting for a sale.

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    edited May 2016
    Taozen said:

So... Skyler got taller?

Not at all - they're quite identical in overall size and shape - try to load them both at 0,0,0 in the same scene. Skyler even has bigger hands. At least with Skyler 2G, but I believe the 3G version is the same size.

We can't buy just the hair? And I'm guessing Haley doesn't have separate head and body morphs?

No, no separate head and body morhps. That should be standard on all characters IMO. The Little Ones have it so you can wipe that weird grin off their faces (otherwise I'd have returned them), but not Skyler or Haley.

One of the reasons I've not bought any other of their characters; the other, well I find the skins too similar. Think I returned Rayn because of that. Really like the Hair on Haley though, yet never use Skyler's hair.

Post edited by nicstt on
  • CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited May 2016

Greetings,

Here's my attempt at fixing the Ushirt on Haley.  It's definitely rough... :(

Quickie render of Haley in the Ushirt after softening.

--  Morgan

WIP Haley UShirt.png
    768 x 1280 - 712K
    Post edited by CypherFOX on
    caravelle said:

@Taozen: In fact this looks much better, but I really don't like to buy another product just to make the one I bought before behave like it should... Guess what I did. ;-)

'Wear them all' is already on my wishlist; I am waiting for a sale.

Well it can be used on many other products, so it's worth it IMO. smiley

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,046
    edited May 2016

For those who have Fit Control, that can help as well. I attached 2 morph combos I used from the breast adjusters.

test1.jpg
    1130 x 895 - 287K
    test2.jpg
    1130 x 895 - 218K
    morphs.JPG
    197 x 208 - 17K
    morphs2.JPG
    195 x 323 - 24K
    Post edited by Zev0 on
  • 3D Universe3D Universe Posts: 327

I bought Haley just for the hair, which is very nice on Haley, but when I put it on V7, there's distortion of the bangs over the eyebrows. Anyone know what could be causing this? tx

We will look into this as it is definitely an issue.

• 3D Universe3D Universe Posts: 327
    edited May 2016

Thank you for purchasing our Haley product.

We have submitted an update for the hair shape on Genesis 3 Female Base that fixes the bangs issue. This should improve the look of the hair on other Genesis 3 characters.

For those who don't want to wait for the update to be available automatically, you can download a zip of the updated files here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/il4y4c22rnn72kq/3duHaley_Update_31-05-2016.zip?dl=0

In our promo images, we used the Geometry Editor in DAZ Studio to hide the shirt, and socks in some renders. Although this can be done very easily, we've added some simple dials to the shirt and boots to accomplish the same style without using the more conplex Geometry Editor. The added dials are as follows:

Shirt: "Hide Shirt" and "Hide Vest" dials added
    Boots: "Hide Socks" dial added

We'll include this in the update sent to the store, but you can also download the files for the dial morphs here: 
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/27a2u9nnno8re7v/3duHaley_ClothingHideDials_31-05-2016.zip?dl=0

all the best,
    Steve

Post edited by 3D Universe on
    edited May 2016
    Zev0 said:

For those who have Fit Control, that can help as well. I attached 2 morph combos I used from the breast adjusters.

Didn't recall I had that one too, must be buying too much stuff. lol

Yes, that does a good job too with the UShirt on Haley:

haley-ushirt-fc.jpg
    716 x 823 - 299K
    haley-ushirt-fc2.jpg
    554 x 408 - 64K
    Post edited by Taoz on
  • PCIrayGuyPCIrayGuy Posts: 16

Thank you for purchasing our Haley product.

We have submitted an update for the hair shape on Genesis 3 Female Base that fixes the bangs issue. This should improve the look of the hair on other Genesis 3 characters.

For those who don't want to wait for the update to be available automatically, you can download a zip of the updated files here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/il4y4c22rnn72kq/3duHaley_Update_31-05-2016.zip?dl=0

In our promo images, we used the Geometry Editor in DAZ Studio to hide the shirt, and socks in some renders. Although this can be done very easily, we've added some simple dials to the shirt and boots to accomplish the same style without using the more conplex Geometry Editor. The added dials are as follows:

Shirt: "Hide Shirt" and "Hide Vest" dials added
    Boots: "Hide Socks" dial added

We'll include this in the update sent to the store, but you can also download the files for the dial morphs here: 
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/27a2u9nnno8re7v/3duHaley_ClothingHideDials_31-05-2016.zip?dl=0

all the best,
    Steve

Thanks for the update. I also found a glitch with hiding the vest. In the Vest bust zone, I had to manually go to geometry to hid the patch of cloth. I included this information for anyone trying to put another shirt or other than the one provided by 3D Universe.