manual content control

NimosNimos Posts: 39
edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

I have, for example, the M4 character and all his poses, clothing, hair and texture presets all together in one folder structure so I know exactly where it's at. Will I be able to keep such a manually created folder structure with the new version of DS? I prefer full manual control of my content - logically organized, easy to find, and as simple as possible.

Comments

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
  • BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,851
    edited December 1969

Manually organised content is how I've worked for several years now, and DS still caters for those of us that prefer to DIY rather than use a crappy database system, the Content Library tab show your listed DS directories as they appear on your drive as well as your listed Poser runtimes, it sadly also shows the DB system as well, but if you don't use the CMS then you'll never see that part :).

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited December 1969
  • NimosNimos Posts: 39
    edited December 1969

I'm simply not comfortable with any piece of software auto-managing my content. One crash or glitch could potentially screw up 10 years worth of organization. Right now, if I install a V4 shirt, I just move it to the V4/clothing folder and everything is neat n simple. Reminds me of auto-focus lenses: My 35 year old manual-focus lens still works perfectly, while a bunch of newer auto-focus lenses have already failed.