Lip Sync two files

fostensarifostensari Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hi,

I'm trying to use lipsync. but I can't load two audio files one after another.
While loading the second file, the first one gets deleted.

I tried loading the first one from frame 0 and the second file from frame 200, but it still deletes the previous audio file.

I just want to make the character say something, then pause for 50 frames, and then say something else. In the future I assume that I could do dialogs ilke this.

Is there an audio track where I could see what's loaded, and load the files? (is it the one in animate? )

Thanks

Comments

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

Hi,

I tried loading the first one from frame 0 and the second file from frame 200, but it still deletes the previous audio file.

I just want to make the character say something, then pause for 50 frames, and then say something else. In the future I assume that I could do dialogs ilke this.

Is there an audio track where I could see what's loaded, and load the files? (is it the one in animate? )

Thanks

do the first - then do the other
    edit in your video program

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

What format and how long are the audio files?

If they aren't too long then maybe you could join them together into a single file...

• fostensarifostensari Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

bigh said:
    Hi,

Thanks

Hi bigh,
    If I edit the lines that I want my figures to say in another software (video editor) than lipsync won't be applied isn't it?

To take a more real life example: let's say that two friends say:

Friend1: hello

Friend2: Hi

Friend1: How are you
    Friend2: I'm fine thank you

How can this be done? (assuming that the all the lines are recorded separately).

edited December 1969

mjc1016 said:
    What format and how long are the audio files?

If they aren't too long then maybe you could join them together into a single file...

Hi Mjc,

I thought about this, but then this was just a beginning for a more complex dialog, as I explained above.

Do you have any ideeas how that can be done?

Thank you

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

If they are cut scenes, example the camera shows character one then switches to character two, you do part one as a file the part two as a file. Then use almost any video editor to put them into one file.

If they are both in the scene at the same time I would say you will need more software, like Mimic Pro or Animate 2. Both of which can do what you wish, you will still need a good video editor for stuff like, Titles, background music ect..

In my book Daz3D by itself is not a full blown animation program, but can be made into one.

edited December 1969

bigh said:
    Hi,

Thanks

Hi bigh,
    If I edit the lines that I want my figures to say in another software (video editor) than lipsync won't be applied isn't it?

To take a more real life example: let's say that two friends say:

Friend1: hello

Friend2: Hi

Friend1: How are you
    Friend2: I'm fine thank you

How can this be done? (assuming that the all the lines are recorded separately).

set up your scene - save it
    load it - use lip sync F1 - hello
    render - save animation file

load scene
    lip sync F 2 Hi
    render - save animation file

and so on until you have them all

then load them into your video program
    then you can edit it - like add time between each - to make the full animation

hope this help you .

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    If they are cut scenes, example the camera shows character one then switches to character two, you do part one as a file the part two as a file. Then use almost any video editor to put them into one file.

If they are both in the scene at the same time I would say you will need more software, like Mimic Pro or Animate 2. Both of which can do what you wish, you will still need a good video editor for stuff like, Titles, background music ect..

In my book Daz3D by itself is not a full blown animation program, but can be made into one.

you don't need Mimic Pro or aniMate and the edit can all be done with Windows Video Maker

edited December 1969

Thank you all very much for your useful advices.

I already bought Mimic Pro, and feel a bit stupid, because it's not very cheap and for the moment I can't fully use it.
    Can somebody help me understand: I edit the lipsync in Mimic Pro, then I export as pz2, and then I import it in Daz (File>Import), but after I import it, I can't apply the pose, actually I do not know where to find it in Daz...

For the technique to cut the movie into small pieces each one containing one line of the character, how can I do this to make sure that the next piece of the movie is starting where the previous one ended , I assume it's doen via the Render and I render only between frame 0 and 100 initially then 101 and 200... and then I apply one at a time the lipsync sound files for each character.

An additional question , how can I select from the timeline some frames and delete/cut/paste them?

Thank you

edited December 1969

I just managed to make the head of Michael 4 to appear in the Mimic Pro, but his lips are not moving, whereas before with the default lady the lips were moving in Mimic pro.

In both cases I cannot use the work done in Mimic Pro in Daz Studio.

Thank you

edited December 1969

Sorry I can't help you with Mimic Pro - have not use it in a long time .
    Be sure you are using the right DMC file for M4 or what model you use .

An additional question , how can I select from the timeline some frames and delete/cut/paste them?
    You will have to render them and use your Video program to edit them .

There are other ways to do things but can't tell you how - to many pages to type .