Sharing Dial Spins

ZamuelNowZamuelNow Posts: 753
edited December 1969 in New Users

If you make a face and/or body solely by adjusting dial settings, how do you save those settings to either use on a later character or redistribute to others?

Comments

• LoaarLoaar Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I don't have access to DS to check right now, but I think its Save As --> Character Preset?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,863
    edited December 1969

By default character preset includes both morph and material settings. You can also use a Pose preset, again you will need to adjust what is selected. Those are of course DAZ Studio options - if you are using Poser you need to save a pose and edit it, by hand or using one of the availabale tools, to remove the non-morph settings (I think that's still true), though for faces you can save an Expression and that will work as is.

• ZamuelNowZamuelNow Posts: 753
    edited December 1969

Using DS. Was specifically not wanting the material settings saved. How would you change what is and isn't selected for this?

• Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited June 2012

Yes, I think Save As...Character Preset is what you want to do. You can turn off the material settings, especially if you want to redistribute the character. When you choose Character Preset, it brings up a dialog box that lets you choose what you want to save...you can deselect materials. Other ways to save might work too; I haven't explored them all so I can't speak to the pros and cons, but I think Character Preset is the most straightforward. You might experiment with the new DS4.5 DSON format too.

Post edited by Scott Livingston on
    edited December 1969

Thanks, I think that was exactly what I was needing.

edited December 1969

New question for this topic. Is the only way to select specific parts like just the head require going in and manually zeroing out all of the body settings or is there some other way?