M3 to gen M5

SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,685
edited September 2012 in New Users

Aaan another question!
I found a very awesome outfit:
http://www.daz3d.com/shop/sade

But no matter how I try, I can't get it to fit to my genesis M5 character.
There were some more threads about converting m3 to m5, but they seem to address other issues like morphs and not clothing.
I think I need genX but I am unsure about what version and if I may need some other plugins as well.

Post edited by Sylvan on

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited September 2012

What you need is the Iconic Shapes for Geneisi, M3 in particular. It supplies a clone to the Autofit plugin that can convert the clothing for you from M3 to Genesis. Crossdresser or Wardrobe Wizard may work as well.

Here is a link : http://www.daz3d.com/shop/v3-and-m3-shapes-for-genesis/

The bundle may work out cheaper.

Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
  • MedzinMedzin Posts: 337
    edited December 1969

For me, having GenX enables autofit for M3 to M5. I had to dig this one out of archive to do render. Haven't got around to working much with older classic outfits in DS4

sadetest.jpg
    262 x 600 - 18K
  • SylvanSylvan Posts: 2,685
    edited September 2012

That's the one :D
    And I got the M3 clothing to work now, thanks to your tips!
    BUT the long pants keep being stubborn.
    It doesnt matter if I use autofit or the genx plugins, the pants keep looking like this.
    I do notice your render's character has placed one foot to the side and it seems my pants follows that pose as well...
    Not sure if that is related though.

pants.jpg
    358 x 540 - 27K
    Post edited by Sylvan on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,131
    edited December 1969

Try zeroing the pants - I think they may be loading posed. If necessary load them, cancel AutoFit, zero them, and fit the to Genesis (which will trigger AutoFit).

edited December 1969

I believe you mean by "zeroing" that I have to adjust some sliders?
    Sorry to sound like a nuthead, but what exactly do you mean? ><</p>

edited December 1969

Uh, my last response wasn't posted.
    But I wanted to tell that I figured it out!
    It is litarally called "zero" in the "Edit" dropdown menu.
    Feels like I won a war after 2 hours haha!

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,131
    edited September 2012

Actually I meant I suspect the figure is posed and you should reset the pose, soo all the rotations are zero - go to the Parameters pane and either right-click the tab or click the menu button in the top corner and then from the menu that appears select Zero>Zero figure pose. Edit: though the Edit menu works too - it used not to be there so I tend to forget about it.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

That's the one :D
    And I got the M3 clothing to work now, thanks to your tips!
    BUT the long pants keep being stubborn.
    It doesnt matter if I use autofit or the genx plugins, the pants keep looking like this.
    I do notice your render's character has placed one foot to the side and it seems my pants follows that pose as well...
    Not sure if that is related though.
    Glad to see you got it working...

I've been playing with the auto fit and gen3 clothing and I'd strongly suggest adding a smoothing modifier via the scene tab and playing with the settings. I prefer setting thsmoothing type to generic it gives you a smoother finish also don't forget to play with things like lock distance and the weight settings. It can make a big difference to the finished results...

edited December 1969

"Lock distance" and "weight settings" are some new terms for me for me, I'll be sure to check it out!

• PendraiaPendraia Posts: 3,591
    edited December 1969

"Lock distance" and "weight settings" are some new terms for me for me, I'll be sure to check it out!

They're new for me also...I just play until I'm happy with the results. ; )