Forest by Andrey Pestryakov small issue...

ZwytZwyt Posts: 119
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Hey folks, I was messing around with "Forest" by Andrey Pestryakov in DAZ Studio Pro 4.5.0.137 which is the latest beta and I noticed that in all of the renders that I did I was getting little colored dots in the render that were not on the screen in the view-port. I will post a sample issue with the dots in it to show what I am talking about. If anyone knows what these are and/or how to get rid of them that would be great.

Thanks,
Charles

Comments

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951
    edited December 1969

Fairies?? Fireflys?? I actually haven't got a clue .......sorry.

• ZwytZwyt Posts: 119
    edited December 1969

carrie58 said:
    Fairies?? Fireflys?? I actually haven't got a clue .......sorry.

Yeah, maybe its some of those light orbs like folks get when they believe that they have photographed ghosts, 'cept... that would mean my 'puter is haunted eh?

Actually I haven't got a clue either, if you look in the enlarged version of the image, you will see that the dots have shape and a solid geometrical form like they are something that's in the scene that is supposed to be there but is not supposed to be showing in the render. I guess I'll have a look see if anything strange is set to show in the render.

Charles

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951
    edited December 1969

What are your render settings?? What lights are you useing?? That info might help people with the knowledge figure out what it could be. I have the forest but I haven't had anything like that show up .......really wish I could be more help .

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155
    edited December 1969

This is problem caused by using Deep Shadow Map as the shadow type. Either change your lights to use Raytraced shadows or try adjusting the angle of your camera a little; it may go away.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Yeah, it is not a problem in the product. It is Deep Shadow Maps in light settings clashing with 3Delight rendering engine; this is a known bug that shows up at random. Raytraced shadows won't have it, and the aforementioned "alter the camera angle slightly" can make them go away.

• ZwytZwyt Posts: 119
    edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Yeah, it is not a problem in the product. It is Deep Shadow Maps in light settings clashing with 3Delight rendering engine; this is a known bug that shows up at random. Raytraced shadows won't have it, and the aforementioned "alter the camera angle slightly" can make them go away.

Thanks a lot folks, going raytraced on the shadows did the trick but man render times certainly increased.

Charles

• JohnDelaquioxJohnDelaquiox Posts: 1,184
    edited December 1969

Actually I believe its Raytraced shadows clashing with Deep Shadows.

You have to select and check each of the lights you are using.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

They do show up when you got just Deep Shadow Maps in use, and no Raytraced ones.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

It's a well known, rather persistent, 3Delight bug that is definitely connected to use of shadowmaps. There are several workarounds, with the easiest being to alter the camera position.

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037
    edited December 1969

I dunno... I like the digital faeries theory better.

:)