Hair is sculpted. Now what?

ghastlycomicghastlycomic Posts: 2,528
edited December 1969 in New Users

So I have finally sculpted my first hairdo, strand by strand in Hexagon (wow, is that ever a tedious task). What do I need to do now in order to make it a hair object in Daz?

Comments

• ghastlycomicghastlycomic Posts: 2,528
    edited December 1969

Okay, I've basically figured out everything except for, and this is the embarrassing part, how to save it as hair. :red:

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

There is no 'hair' type in DS, only Poser. Have you tried Save As . Wearable Preset.

In poser hair can be of several types. A Figure (CR2), Prop (PP2), or a hair object (HR2), have you made if conforming hair, or a patrented prop?

edited September 2012

So I'm pretty much screwed then as far as making hair unless I have another program? Is the hair that comes with the genesis figures made in Poser?

I suppose wearable will have to do then. Thanks.

Post edited by ghastlycomic on
    edited December 1969

So I'm pretty much screwed then as far as making hair unless I have another program? Is the hair that comes with the genesis figures made in Poser?

I don't know what you mean here? There is no hair 'type' in DAZ Studio. Most of the Genesis hair that I have is in DSF format, and these files are stored in a folder in People/Genesis/Hair. Have you tried saving your file as a Wearable Preset, if so, what happened?

edited December 1969

Yeah the wearable works.

By hair I mean when you click on the smart content and then hair you see a bunch of icons marked hair. Duke Hair, Aldora Hair, Salley Mae, Wild Mane. I was hoping I could save my own sculpts as a hair type too.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,905
    edited December 1969

I think so it is a smart prop that parents in position to the head upon loading is what is meant.
    I myself do not know how to do this in studio, only Poser.

edited September 2012

Yeah the wearable works.

By hair I mean when you click on the smart content and then hair you see a bunch of icons marked hair. Duke Hair, Aldora Hair, Salley Mae, Wild Mane. I was hoping I could save my own sculpts as a hair type too.

That would be a function of Metadata. If you do not create a Metadata file for it, then it will never appear in Smart Content.

You can place the DUF file in any DS folder, and it will appear in the Content Library, but not Smart Content.

Cridgit has a Smart Content Toolkit, I will see if I can find a link for you.

EDIT:

http://www.sharecg.com/v/58412/related/3/PDF-Tutorial/Creating-Homebrew-Metadata

Don't give up, I am sure we can find more help for youif you need it.

You have already discovered that making content is only half the battle, it used to be much harder than it is now, but there is still a lot of learning to do.

Post edited by JimmyC_2009 on
    edited December 1969

Yeah this forum has been amazing. I've learned so much in such a short period of time. There have been a lot of really good tutorials here. I'm surprised I got as far as I have as quickly as I have.

The hair was the most tedious of all my builds so far. Strand... by strand... by strand.... :-S

edited December 1969

Hair was always a difficult thing to make. It looks great because of the transmaps of course, but it is a tedious job.

Well done for sticking with it, and actually creating some hair. It's more than I ever did.