Dazstudio 4 pro crashing when acessing content libary

edited December 1969 in Daz Studio Discussion

Dazstudio 4 pro crashing when acessing content libary
Used to work before dont know what happened

Comments

• Ongoing MomentOngoing Moment Posts: 78
    edited December 1969

I have had my share of issues with the Content Management Service think I discovered the potential issue which corrupts the data and stops the Sm from working correctly. I have had the CSM crash and stop working many times. I have had to rebuild my Categories library about 5 different times. I wrote a blog article outlining the what seems to cause the problem and how to avoid it.

http://daz3dstudiolibrary.wordpress.com/2012/09/12/daz3d-studio-4-tips-and-tricks-content-management-service/

My Content Management Service has been problem free since.

Stella Blue

• edited December 1969

I installed Daz 4.5 and got rid of that problem.But daz 4.5 had other issues so i revert back to 4.0 and now crashes started again

• edited December 1969

In your blog you have mentioned that you deleted some hidden file.May i know which file it was. I need to reinstall CMS again cleanly

• Ongoing MomentOngoing Moment Posts: 78
    edited September 2012

There is a hidden folder called ProgramData. You have to tell Windows to "show hidden folders/files". Inside is a DAZ 3D folder and inside of that is the content management services folder with the databases folder inside.

I really can't advise if you only erase one of those files inside or the whole folder. I erased the whole database folder. Uninstalled DAZ Studio 4.5 and Content Management Service. Then reinstalled everything. But I may have gone overboard. At least that is what I remember. I haven't had a CMS crash since discovering what was causing the issue.

Stella Blue

Post edited by Ongoing Moment on