Cellular Patterns

edited December 1969 in Carrara Discussion

In the shader room I have a mixer and use AGOOS as the mixer then the NOISE set to one of the CELLULAR. In there you have a choice of I think 6-8 patterns...

1) Can you SOFTEN them up like BLUR them.. I know all about the THRESHOLD but thats not what I want I want to soften them up like around the EDGES like a blur!

2) IS there anyway to ADD a PATTERN in this area

SEE PIC

Comments

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

HI Rich :)

Try using the Curve filter.. than you can create all sorts of effects.
    Add a Cellular,. then select it and go to operators / curve filter, and it'll add the curve filter above the cellular to allow you to control the cellular

Add the Cellular function as the blend in a Mixer of two other patterns or shader functions or values etc.
    that will allow you to have an effect within the cellular.

Hope that makes sense,.. it can get complex when you're making mixers in the blends of mixers. :)

Pic to help :)

mixer_cell.jpg
    800 x 638 - 96K
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,081

Does anyone have some procedural shader recipes to share?

• Yes! Take a look at the procedural skin shaders I made for V4 and A4. They use noise functions, cellular functions, and all sorts of fun stuff. Even as Andy mentioned above, mixers in mixer channels I think.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/82693/view/7/Material-and-Shader/Carrara-A3-V3-Procedural-Skin-Shaders

http://www.sharecg.com/v/77436/view/7/Material-and-Shader/Carrara-V4-Procedural-Skin-Shader-and-hair

• cdordonicdordoni Posts: 583

In the shader room I have a mixer and use AGOOS as the mixer then the NOISE set to one of the CELLULAR. In there you have a choice of I think 6-8 patterns...

1) Can you SOFTEN them up like BLUR them.. I know all about the THRESHOLD but thats not what I want I want to soften them up like around the EDGES like a blur

ShaderOps2 has a blur function that you can use in the shader tree, but its a hit on rendering time. 

• In the shader room I have a mixer and use AGOOS as the mixer then the NOISE set to one of the CELLULAR. In there you have a choice of I think 6-8 patterns...

1) Can you SOFTEN them up like BLUR them.. I know all about the THRESHOLD but thats not what I want I want to soften them up like around the EDGES like a blur!

2) IS there anyway to ADD a PATTERN in this area

SEE PIC

Nope, you cannot add patterns, what you see is what you got.

Carrara does not come (yet) with blur function, only blur that is there is for reflections (useless, but it's there, lol).

judging by the rate DAZ is adding new functionality in a texture room, maybe in 10 years something shiny is gonna finally be there cheeky