How do add more Shading Domains? *SOLVED*

rfrydryckstudiorfrydryckstudio Posts: 39
edited May 2016 in Carrara Discussion

I seem to need guidence.  I can add more shaders below but can not seem to get them into my Shader Domains.  New ones below seem to be lacking the object instance.

Shader Domain2.png
338 x 722 - 59K
Post edited by rfrydryckstudio on

Comments

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

In the vertex modeller, select the geometry that you wish to be in a new domain, and pick New Shading Domain from the drop-down

Screen Shot 2016-05-16 at 09.42.27.png
    259 x 610 - 69K
  • 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited May 2016

The number of "shaders" you have in that list , depends on the number of "shading domains" you've defined on your model.

If you want more shaders,. you'll need to define areas of your model as new shading domains.

select an area of polygons on your model,. go to the MODEL tab on the right, and click the shading domain name Button./ this drops out a small menu with an option to Create a new shading domain using the selected polygons. (pic 1)

Alternatively,.

Select an area of polygons on your model,. Go to the GLOBAL tab on the right,. you can ADD, DELETE, and select and rename shading domains  (pic 2)

You may also be able to Unwrap this model and Export a wirefeame texture template which you can use (in a 2D painting program) to create the final texture map for the model. (pic3)

shadom1.jpg
    1480 x 842 - 177K
    shadom2.jpg
    1492 x 850 - 185K
    unwrap1.jpg
    1484 x 854 - 207K
    Post edited by 3DAGE on
  • @ TangoAlpha  Thanks just what I was looking for.

@ 3DAGE- Perfect, You also answer my next nqestion in advance.  My project is moving along grest.  Thanks for the exta nfo!!!!

• DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945

You're not alone to learn something, I didn't know how to delete and rename them.

Thanks Andy !

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,189

Just a related thought ... I'm not a modeler and so rely on the affordable, high quality offerings from the vendors at various websites.  But this is one example of why its nice to have Carrara's modelling features.  Even I have used this feature.  

• wikitimewikitime Posts: 36

In my opinion, Carrara is an underrated modeling tool.

• wgdjohnwgdjohn Posts: 2,634

Vastly