Toyen said:

Thats a beautiful render mal!

Thanks Toyen

• Twilight76Twilight76 Posts: 318

Hm, ok i dont know if this question came up but they say

• 50% OFF
    • The soon to be released MICHAEL 7
      with purchase of the Scott 6 Pro Bundle

Ok, nice but is the 50% the Michael 7 Base only or the Bundles ?

They say Michael 7 and nothing about Bundles

• RogerbeeRogerbee Posts: 4,460
    Rogerbee said:

Very nice, did you do that in Blender?

CHEERS!

Yes Rogerbee.  It was done in Blender.

Nice, any chance of a tutorial!?

CHEERS!

• SorelSorel Posts: 1,390

Hm, ok i dont know if this question came up but they say

• 50% OFF
    • The soon to be released MICHAEL 7
      with purchase of the Scott 6 Pro Bundle

Ok, nice but is the 50% the Michael 7 Base only or the Bundles ?

They say Michael 7 and nothing about Bundles

It was said somewhere that it will work on the bundles as well.
  • Rogerbee said:
    Rogerbee said:

CHEERS!

CHEERS!

Probably not Rogerbee.  It would take to long for me go through everything.  Skin shader, cloth shader, lighting, exporting, etc.  Also there are already plently of Blender tutorials out there already that would probably go over what I done.

• DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451

I'm buying Scott, he was definitely unexpected since all the female models we've been getting at first glance I thought he was the first gen 3 male and was confused why there was no Michael 7 till I dawned on me it was Genesis 2.  He does seen to be a counterpart for Karen, who got wishlisted  as I just bought Bethany the day before Karen was released. So hopefully the 50% off Michael 7 offer still is valid when I check out, since daz has been popping characters out like crazy.  The HD morphs were released at a good price too.

• I really like this character and the others that were in the bundle. Plus I went back and added Dusty to my library too.

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,148

Just got this notice from DAZ:

Dear Customer-

As a recent purchaser of the Scott 6 Pro Bundle, we at Daz plan to honor your upcoming purchase of Michael 7 or Michael 7’s Bundles at a discounted price of 50% off the intro price as long as applicable. You may have noticed that we recently added a qualifying disclaimer to the current Scott 6 promo for pricing clarification and as a purchaser prior to this addition this will not be applicable to you. Thank you for your support, and we appreciate your understanding.

Thanks!

-The Folks at Daz

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882

I can deal with the new pricing structure.  Now I just have to keep hoping that the 50% off for buying Scott + a non-bundle product from Scott's release day will hold through Saturday (or I'm only going to be able to afford the Starter Bundle)

Finger's crossed.

Fingers crossed with you!

• Here is another render of Scott.  A self portrait up close.

Render in Cycles.

• ghosty12 said:

Well this came out of left field so to speak http://www.daz3d.com/08-25-scott-6, and by the looks of the items for Scott 6 he could be partnered with Karen 7 since both are that fantasy hero type..  But with the release of Scott 6 looks like the emergence of G3M is a ways off a case of who really knows..

Once again.. another caucasion hero.  Great outfits... Not exactly the supersuite but nice stuff in the package... too bad its for the obsolete G2m, how hard would it really have been for them to update and support their own new technology?    I'm only buying G3. 

You think they will follow up the release of Mike 7 with a bunch of prison related items too? 

• VhardamisVhardamis Posts: 576
    ghosty12 said:

Well this came out of left field so to speak http://www.daz3d.com/08-25-scott-6, and by the looks of the items for Scott 6 he could be partnered with Karen 7 since both are that fantasy hero type..  But with the release of Scott 6 looks like the emergence of G3M is a ways off a case of who really knows..

Once again.. another caucasion hero.  Great outfits... Not exactly the supersuite but nice stuff in the package... too bad its for the obsolete G2m, how hard would it really have been for them to update and support their own new technology?    I'm only buying G3.

You think they will follow up the release of Mike 7 with a bunch of prison related items too?

G2 is far from obsolete. The figures and their assests aren't going to self destruct and stop working the second G3M comes out. Obsolete would be things that will not function in the new D|S at all like plug ins.

Rogerbee said:
    Rogerbee said:

CHEERS!

CHEERS!

Probably not Rogerbee.  It would take to long for me go through everything.  Skin shader, cloth shader, lighting, exporting, etc.  Also there are already plently of Blender tutorials out there already that would probably go over what I done.

Oh, ok,

I'll have a google and see what I can find. That new render is brilliant.

CHEERS!

• nightwolf1982nightwolf1982 Posts: 1,136

ARRRRRRRRRRRGH!!!!  I am too bloody addicted to DAZ!!  Had no intention of getting the Pro Bundle for Scott 6, just the base, the hair and an outfit.  Then my addiction kicked in , and I'm like, "but if I do the sale, I can get the bundle at 50%, and I'll be able to get M7 for 50% later-now how can I finagle bills to do this?"

So yeah, DAZ sales-a-holic here.  Still, if the Espionage suit works out, I might finally be able to do the Batsuit I've always wanted.

• Scott 6 really has the height, "thickness", and build of my mind's eye version of Superman.  But he could be other characters too.  There are a lot of 6'6" guys out there in the world, lean, yet thick enough in muscular girth to be able to fill a 46" or 48" sport coat.

Well done, DAZ!

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,270

That's a cool render, I take it that's Iray at play again.

CHEERS!

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,328
    Vhardamis said:
    ghosty12 said:

G2 is far from obsolete. The figures and their assests aren't going to self destruct and stop working the second G3M comes out. Obsolete would be things that will not function in the new D|S at all like plug ins.

Exactly

Obsolete means - no longer used or in use - many still use Genesis let alone Genesis 2, some people still use earlier generations.

• TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,270
    Rogerbee said:

That's a cool render, I take it that's Iray at play again.

CHEERS!

Thanks, yes it is. I have found that I like my Iray renders more. At first I wasn't sure, but after playing with the different camera-like settings, I think I'm getting the hang of it.

• williamboswellwilliamboswell Posts: 130
    edited August 2015

The "50% OFF these items for Scott 6 - for a limited time!" is a [disappointment].  There are only 3 items (1 pose set, Dusty character, and Freckles).  The rest of the items are for females.  As usual, female overload.

I added Scott 6 and two new clothing items for him and no discount for the clothing other than what it is currently selling for.  I can't believe DAZ is passing off non-male items as part of this discount.  No wonder male items don't sell here.

Edited by a mod to remove contentious term

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,900
    scorpio said:

Exactly

Obsolete means - no longer used or in use - many still use Genesis let alone Genesis 2, some people still use earlier generations.

While I'm quite happy in Genesis and Genesis 2, I'll point out that I can still get quite nice results in 4.2, if I do say so myself:

http://willbear.deviantart.com/art/Victoria-4-Iray-555463203

That's all V4 era stuff, from the outfit to the hair to the skin to the figure.

One of the things I REALLY like about Iray is being able to revamp older stuff and make it really look neat.

• Eustace ScrubbEustace Scrubb Posts: 2,687
    edited August 2015

And if anyone else is aggravated by the enlongated nipple shape, I've got a fix here:  no credit necessary (but I won't complain).

https://www.dropbox.com/s/57zqstvnn3euc6h/Scott Fix.zip?dl=0

Scott Standard Nipple.png
    618 x 1000 - 717K
    Scott Adjusted Nipple.png
    618 x 1000 - 714K
    Post edited by Eustace Scrubb on

Looks like a good fix.  That's totally stretching the texture maps in the first one, that's sloppy work there.  DAZ should fix that regardless if they are moving to Gen 3 or not.  SLOPPY! 

Yeah, nice mod. I'll bear it in mind, if ever get Scott that is...

CHEERS

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    RAMWolff said:

Looks like a good fix.  That's totally stretching the texture maps in the first one, that's sloppy work there.  DAZ should fix that regardless if they are moving to Gen 3 or not.  SLOPPY! 

That's why Scott has his own UV to accomodate his shape. If you use texture with a different UV you will have to modify areas of the mesh to accomodate the texture stretching. So no it's not sloppy.

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,567

I must admit I love Scott 7. He looks really good to me and the pas  and daz did a great job on him thank you.  If I had one wish it would be for are more eye colors in the default pack. But I realize I can use other sets. Oh and I really like the default  Texture.

• BeeMKayBeeMKay Posts: 6,996

RAMWolff said:

That's why Scott has his own UV to accomodate his shape. If you use texture with a different UV you will have to modify areas of the mesh to accomodate the texture stretching. So no it's not sloppy.

The problem is that this is the custom UV shape of Scott that gives you the stretching.... 

• whboswell said:

The "50% OFF these items for Scott 6 - for a limited time!" is a [disappointment].  There are only 3 items (1 pose set, Dusty character, and Freckles).  The rest of the items are for females.  As usual, female overload.

I added Scott 6 and two new clothing items for him and no discount for the clothing other than what it is currently selling for.  I can't believe DAZ is passing off non-male items as part of this discount.  No wonder male items don't sell here.

Edited by a mod to remove contentious term

I just added the Starter Bundle and Dusty to my account and saw an extra discount - if I remove the Starter bundle the discount on Dusty goes so it isn't inheriting it from my previous purchase of the pro bundle. Try logging out and then logging in again and see if the offer then applies correctly.

Well hopefully DAZ has the whole nipple issue resolved for version 7 of Mike, it's stupid to have all these alternate UV's and folks have to make their own fixes to use other UV's and textures.  TO me it's sloppy and unnecessary but I am entitled to my view points on this matter!  wink