Amazing Genitals?

marblemarble Posts: 7,449
edited December 1969 in The Commons

I bought the Amazing Skins bundle while on sale in Fast Grab. However, I've just hit a show-stopper: I use a 3rd. Party (3feetWolf) product for G2F genitals which has a Texture Creator script. This matches the surrounding skin settings and you end up with a nicely matched (though not quite perfect) hip area. Of course, Amazing Skins uses a totally different UV set which stops the 3feetWolf texture script with an error "Unknown UV Set".

I only have a few G2 females and no males. I use the 3feetWolf product a lot so, unless anyone can suggest a way to match the gens with the Amazing Skin tones, I will be requesting a refund.

Any ideas?

Comments

• ZarconDeeGrissomZarconDeeGrissom Posts: 5,412
    edited April 2015

marble said:
    I bought the Amazing Skins bundle while on sale in Fast Grab. However, I've just hit a show-stopper: I use a 3rd. Party (3feetWolf) product for G2F genitals which has a Texture Creator script. This matches the surrounding skin settings and you end up with a nicely matched (though not quite perfect) hip area. Of course, Amazing Skins uses a totally different UV set which stops the 3feetWolf texture script with an error "Unknown UV Set".

I only have a few G2 females and no males. I use the 3feetWolf product a lot so, unless anyone can suggest a way to match the gens with the Amazing Skin tones, I will be requesting a refund.

Any ideas?

(EDIT first apply the Amazing skins to your figure)

Select the hip on your figure using the surface-selector thing. Save it as a "Shader Preset". Then apply that to your 'Critical bits'. a Ctrl-click may be needed if you're keeping a different set of maps on the 'Critical bits'.

Yes, it's a dirty trick, to get the Amazing skins, onto just about any surface you want to have fun with. Figures, rocks, tables, silverware... lol.
    V3D, pleas don't hate me for this.

Post edited by ZarconDeeGrissom on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

is the amazing skin tones a shader or texture maps?

if it's just the shader you should be able to copy the shader settings without changing texture maps with ctrl click

edited April 2015

if it's just the shader you should be able to copy the shader settings without changing texture maps with ctrl click

It is a spaghetti-land thing, that lets you adjust the contrast, saturation, hue, etc, of the original maps. I'm not sure 'Shader' is entirely the correct term.
    (EDIT)
    Here is the thread, with far more info... lots of stuff there to look over. And links to vids V3D did to show how to use Amazing Skins.
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/673977/
    FwEve_ZivaTats_LuminaraColor002c.jpg
    1896 x 1020 - 1M
  • marblemarble Posts: 7,449
    edited December 1969

It is a spaghetti-land thing, that lets you adjust the contrast, saturation, hue, etc, of the original maps. I'm not sure 'Shader' is entirely the correct term.
    (EDIT)
    Here is the thread, with far more info... lots of stuff there to look over.

Many thanks - I'll read that thread and try the suggestions. I bought the AS bundle because it was 70% off and because it looked useful but now I'm not so sure. I usually fiddle with the SSS and specularity manually and then match those settings on the 3rd. Party bits and I thought this product might make that task more straightforward. However, it looks like it will make it more complicated, at least for my purposes (I don't need SciFi skins or Zombies, etc.).

edited April 2015

marble said:

(EDIT)
    Here is the thread, with far more info... lots of stuff there to look over.

Many thanks - I'll read that thread and try the suggestions. I bought the AS bundle because it was 70% off and because it looked useful but now I'm not so sure. I usually fiddle with the SSS and specularity manually and then match those settings on the 3rd. Party bits and I thought this product might make that task more straightforward. However, it looks like it will make it more complicated, at least for my purposes (I don't need SciFi skins or Zombies, etc.).

My example is extreme, tho it still works very well, just for matching figures under the same lights. I just added a few posts to the end of that thread, to give an idea or two. Amazing Skins really is far better then just changing backing colors of pre-existing maps.

Now, if your referring to using PS/Gimp to adjust the maps outside of Studio, then I envy you. I lack the intimate knowledge of them to be able to do that. Not to say the time and patience exporting and importing every step, just to get test renders of the adjustments.

edited December 1969

tee hee. thread title like silly of a sudden

skin shaders utilties, eyebrows lost in translation.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,885
    edited December 1969

this thread title is like dangling a carrot in front of your nose!!!!
    edited December 1969

tee hee, glad iz only a carrot :lol: :shut: :lol:

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005
    edited December 1969

I vote this thread's title "Best in class" for April.

edited December 1969

Well, I thought it was a good lead in for my posts in the other thread on the topic, lol.
    http://www.daz3d.com/forums/viewreply/795432/

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,005
    edited December 1969

It definitely would be a great product name... Even if it had nothing to do with the actual subject.

edited December 1969

Now, if your referring to using PS/Gimp to adjust the maps outside of Studio, then I envy you. I lack the intimate knowledge of them to be able to do that. Not to say the time and patience exporting and importing every step, just to get test renders of the adjustments.

Not really. I do use PS or Gimp to correct the hue on the skin occasionally but mainly I use the sliders in the surfaces tab. I wish I knew more about SSS because I'm never sure how to change that or what effect the change will have.

edited December 1969

Pity about the TOS - I can't show you pictures - but the saved preset method doesn't work with this particular piece of anatomy. Or should I say that it only partially works. Certain parts are turned to pure white.

I've emailed 3feetwolf for his suggestions but I don't really expect much by way of a solution. I think Amazing Skins is for the reject bin, I'm afraid.

edited December 1969

Well, at least it got responses. I asked another question about Amazing Skins a few days ago and didn't get a single reply.

edited December 1969

marble said:

Not really. I do use PS or Gimp to correct the hue on the skin occasionally but mainly I use the sliders in the surfaces tab. I wish I knew more about SSS because I'm never sure how to change that or what effect the change will have.lol. then that makes two of us. I leave SSS up to the PA's that make figures, and just hope that there settings don't cause horrible face-plant-time.

I wasn't able to show what that shader trick would look like being applied to another mapped surface (in that makeup kit), tho I trust the idea is understandable.

I'm guessing that 3rd party critical bits, has a mat that the script applies an adjusting backing color to. The amazing skins shader is kind of like that, and allows many surfaces to be adjusted, not just the critical bits.

I did try just cropping the tummy out of a figure's mats once to make a makeup kit, and it was far more work then what I just did this morning with Wachiwi, lol.

My best advice, watch some of V3D's vids from that thread, play with the shader a bit. If you don't like it, then yea, send it back. I'll be bashful tho, and admit I've used it on brick-face, rocks, Sea Scapes's flora, etc. And it can drastically reduce the face-plant-time of some figures. Tho some times, it can't figure out the backing colors for some figures, and applying the Amazing Skins shader throws there skin tone off, tho that is negligible if your changing the skin tone anyway.

edited April 2015

marble said:
    Pity about the TOS - I can't show you pictures - but the saved preset method doesn't work with this particular piece of anatomy. Or should I say that it only partially works. Certain parts are turned to pure white.

I've emailed 3feetwolf for his suggestions but I don't really expect much by way of a solution. I think Amazing Skins is for the reject bin, I'm afraid.

Reflection strength, it may have gone to 100%, I've had that happen to me in the past with some rocks and ground. Just set it back at 0%.

I've had that happen with Amazing skins, and Omni shaders, when converting a surface over.

• JackFosterJackFoster Posts: 143
    edited April 2015

Saving a preset is one way to do it, but just using amazing skins, you can go in the folder labeled "06 Shader Versions", select the genitals and their materials, then click on the "Shader for Skin Parts" file. This will convert it to an Amazing Skins shader, but you'll have to apply the same settings for the genitals that you did for the rest of the body. Or, you could copy and paste from one of the skin materials, but you'll have to change the textures back to whatever the genitals were using.

Also, if the figure looks unusually bright, it's usually because of the ambient color. Whatever the ambient value is doesn't matter for the preview with Amazing Skins, it just uses the ambient color. I usually have to turn mine either black or a dark gray.

Edit: Also, if it's rendering completely white and the reflection value isn't the issue, it might've switched the UV Set to something other than what it should be. The textures for that particular product are 95% white, so if it's not using the right UVs, it'll probably show up white.

Post edited by JackFoster on
  • ghastlycomicghastlycomic Posts: 2,528
    edited December 1969

Why thank you. You know I've always been kinda prou...

Oh... you weren't talking about.... never mind.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,821
    edited December 1969

This may be of some assistance. (Works for either male or female; for female, all you have to do is step 1. Literally. Just that one extra step. For male, you have to do the whole thing.)

edited December 1969

vwrangler said:
    This may be of some assistance. (Works for either male or female; for female, all you have to do is step 1. Literally. Just that one extra step. For male, you have to do the whole thing.)

Thanks. I'm not using the DAZ gens so I'm not sure how the tutorial will work with what I have but I will go through it.

I'm also getting good support from the vendor (3feetwolf) who is testing solutions at the moment. He's bought Amazing Skins so he can work on it - now that is good support.

edited April 2015

marble said:
    vwrangler said:

Thanks. I'm not using the DAZ gens so I'm not sure how the tutorial will work with what I have but I will go through it.

I'm also getting good support from the vendor (3feetwolf) who is testing solutions at the moment. He's bought Amazing Skins so he can work on it - now that is good support. That is impressive support. I had seen that other site name before, and thought it was vulgar slang for Renderosity. My knowledge of other sites is kind of lacking, I know about Daz Studio, and the existence of Poaser, and not much else. (This is My one year birthday with anything Computer Graphics)

One nagging Q I have. Dose that 3feetwolf gens have it's own mats, or dose it use the figures mats? It would make a big difference whether you replace or ignore maps when applying Amazing skins.

edited December 1969

That is impressive support. I had seen that other site name before, and thought it was vulgar slang for Renderosity. My knowledge of other sites is kind of lacking, I know about Daz Studio, and the existence of Poaser, and not much else. (This is My one year birthday with anything Computer Graphics)

One nagging Q I have. Dose that 3feetwolf gens have it's own mats, or dose it use the figures mats? It would make a big difference whether you replace or ignore maps when applying Amazing skins.

HIs product comes with presets for many of the popular G2F/V6 character skins - best you visit the site and take a look. He has also written a script (Texture Creator - separate purchase) to allow for matching other skins. So it does not use the hip textures, it creates its own but matches skin tones/bump/spec as closely as possible.

He has come up with a solution for Amazing Skins which, I'm guessing, he will include in a product update. I have tested it and it works well (about 5 simple steps). If you own the product, you could email him (his email address is in the readme file which comes with the purchase). I'm not sure whether he has a login on this forum.

All in all, his gens are more detailed and come with lots more morphs and adjustments than the DAZ version. Also, you don't need to buy a Pro bundle. I did get the DAZ gens in a bundle sale a while ago but hardly ever use them. Let's be frank here - we are talking about the adult market and, for that, detail is important.

• V3DigitimesV3Digitimes Posts: 3,057
    edited December 1969

Hello Marble,
    I've just been informed of your issue. I am sorry about that.
    I'm often reading the forum, but some of the posts escape my vigilance. If you have more questions about Amazing Skins you can directly PM me here, I come everyday to check my PMs.

Thank a lot to everybody here you took the time to answer to Marble, this is very nice from all of you!

Marble, I was not aware of 3feetwolf work at all, and I made initially Amazing Skins shaders to work with all the common DAZ figures and existing materials/shaders, even skin builder, but this particular one, the one of 3feetwolf, really must have something very specific to cause this issue.

Well I'm happy to see that now it is solved. Concerning Amazing Skins, it is basically built to make more fast, flexible, adjustable, realistic and without initial freeze renders using Daz Studio. And you gain even more time on HD figures. The "Sci-fi" and "Fantasy" skins possibilities are just a detail for many artists like you, but something sci-fi fans really appreciate. But basically it is for a better and more relaxed human skin rendering experience on DS.

Whenever you have a new question,or don't feel "relaxed" when rendering, feel free to contact me! Everybody should be allowed to render relaxed !

edited December 1969

marble said:
    That is impressive support. I had seen that other site name before, and thought it was vulgar slang for Renderosity. My knowledge of other sites is kind of lacking, I know about Daz Studio, and the existence of Poaser, and not much else. (This is My one year birthday with anything Computer Graphics)

HIs product comes with presets for many of the popular G2F/V6 character skins - best you visit the site and take a look. He has also written a script (Texture Creator - separate purchase) to allow for matching other skins. So it does not use the hip textures, it creates its own but matches skin tones/bump/spec as closely as possible.

He has come up with a solution for Amazing Skins which, I'm guessing, he will include in a product update. I have tested it and it works well (about 5 simple steps). If you own the product, you could email him (his email address is in the readme file which comes with the purchase). I'm not sure whether he has a login on this forum.

All in all, his gens are more detailed and come with lots more morphs and adjustments than the DAZ version. Also, you don't need to buy a Pro bundle. I did get the DAZ gens in a bundle sale a while ago but hardly ever use them. Let's be frank here - we are talking about the adult market and, for that, detail is important.That is good news. Thanks. Now I ask. Is this in Studio 4.7, on G2F, or is that using some other program (Carrara, Poser, etc)?

21jun1976. I have asked in the past mostly for wanting to expand my knowledge, and understandably, on this forum, it is skirting the edge. I had experimented with the M5 gens a wile back, and that's when I came across that Reflection glitch, a glitch I can't post here.

My biggest issue, is I've been burnt by non-adult stuff from other sites, that cost money and dose not function in Daz Studio. That is my biggest concern. Just because it states Studio 4.6+ or G2F, is no longer a confidence building thing to read elsewhere dominated by Poser Victoria4 products.

edited December 1969

Kadix said:
    Hello Marble,
    I've just been informed of your issue. I am sorry about that.
    I'm often reading the forum, but some of the posts escape my vigilance. If you have more questions about Amazing Skins you can directly PM me here, I come everyday to check my PMs.

Thank a lot to everybody here you took the time to answer to Marble, this is very nice from all of you!

Marble, I was not aware of 3feetwolf work at all, and I made initially Amazing Skins shaders to work with all the common DAZ figures and existing materials/shaders, even skin builder, but this particular one, the one of 3feetwolf, really must have something very specific to cause this issue.

Well I'm happy to see that now it is solved. Concerning Amazing Skins, it is basically built to make more fast, flexible, adjustable, realistic and without initial freeze renders using Daz Studio. And you gain even more time on HD figures. The "Sci-fi" and "Fantasy" skins possibilities are just a detail for many artists like you, but something sci-fi fans really appreciate. But basically it is for a better and more relaxed human skin rendering experience on DS.

Whenever you have a new question,or don't feel "relaxed" when rendering, feel free to contact me! Everybody should be allowed to render relaxed !

Your feedback is appreciated, as is your offer of PM support. I wasn't surprised that two products with such differing purposes didn't work together immediately - so no blame was intended.

I have noticed that your skins render quite quickly - so much so that I wondered whether I had sacrificed HD.

I do have one question though - lets say I go through all the procedure of setting up a skin tone exactly as I want it and then decide I want to add lip colour or eye shadow (make-up). How do I then get the face to match the rest of the body?

Oh yes, another question: some of the pale skins lose the colour of the lips, nipples, etc. - is there a way to keep those while selecting a cooler skin tone?

edited December 1969

That is good news. Thanks. Now I ask. Is this in Studio 4.7, on G2F, or is that using some other program (Carrara, Poser, etc)?

21jun1976. I have asked in the past mostly for wanting to expand my knowledge, and understandably, on this forum, it is skirting the edge. I had experimented with the M5 gens a wile back, and that's when I came across that Reflection glitch, a glitch I can't post here.

My biggest issue, is I've been burnt by non-adult stuff from other sites, that cost money and dose not function in Daz Studio. That is my biggest concern. Just because it states Studio 4.6+ or G2F, is no longer a confidence building thing to read elsewhere dominated by Poser Victoria4 products.

I'm using DS 4.7, yes. G2F with several different characters. Some skins don't work yet with 3feetwolf's product but he keeps adding them as they are released (no extra charge).

Don't get me wrong though - the support I'm getting is directly from the vendor. I've never looked at support from the store. I've bought a few really crappy items from the same store and just written them off as a lesson well learned. 3feetwolf will keep his customers because he goes the extra mile - or explains why he can't do what you ask (for technical reasons).

Since I moved from V4 to G2F, I've virtually stopped buying stuff from the other stores. I'm sure DAZ had this in mind when developing Genesis and G2 and it is working for them. But I've bought some pretty poor items from here too. DAZ don't make a fuss about refunds though - which is good.

• V3DigitimesV3Digitimes Posts: 3,057
    edited December 1969

Nice, thanks you like the speed. I was beating my head against the walls waiting for an HD figure to being to render when I began these skins ;)

Concerning the fact of adding make-up, you can do so this way, let's say you have your face and lips with one map and want to swap to another make up option :
    1. Select the figure, and make : Save as / materials preset. Save it to one of your visible content folder.
    Here you have a link showing how to do that :
    https://youtu.be/Jw6zERDkd5s?t=6m6s
    lets say you call it "refmats.duf"
    2. Apply the new faces maps with new make up to your figure. (it will revert the shader to the previous shader but never mind)
    3. now keep your figure selected and press control (CTRL, or the MAC equivalent) while double clicking the refmats you just created. A window will popup, and in this window, you have to option to ignore images. When you ignore images, it means that it will reapply everything, the shader, the dials, the UV set BUT it will keep the maps that you have just chosen.

Concerning the fade of the red part of the pale tones, there is no way with Amazing Skins to correct this, because color corrections apply the same on all surfaces. It would have been possible if for instance the lips material was covering exactly the lips position of the image map but this is sadly never the case. When I developed the product, it was such a titan work than I did not include this, fearing people might complain about a too complex product.
    The solution would have have been that the color changes on the skins were mapped (color changes are uniform). I made this possible in the Skin Masters, an evolution of Amazing Skins, I developed for Keiko, Monique and Darius, but there is presently no "general" Skin Masters for G2, so I would not advice to buy it just for that.
    I have an idea, but it might fail or do a bad result (I cannot test nothing right, my computer is rendering an animation). Maybe changing the image gamma in the image editor of each diffuse DS image map would do something. But I cannot say what...

edited April 2015

Thanks for your suggestions ... understood and helpful.

I don't have Monique but I do have Rochella. Her promo images look beautiful but I can't get close to them - my renders turn out way too dark so that all detail is lost. I don't think I can use Amazing Skins on a African skin tone though, can I?

Post edited by marble on
    edited April 2015

marble said:
    Thanks for your suggestions ... understood and helpful.

I don't have Monique but I do have Rochella. Her promo images look beautiful but I can't get close to them - my renders turn out way too dark so that all detail is lost. I don't think I can use Amazing Skins on a African skin tone though, can I?

She is still lingering in my wishlist. Tho I will note that some of the darker figures are quite dark.

There is a few ways to make the skin tone lighter (I have not tried that yet), same way, as making other darker. Drawing a complete blank on the name of the dials. one for the diffuse, the other for the sheen.
    And Speaking of Faceplant time, lol. Waiting on a spot render. I never did a lineup of them, yet, I was intending to. Waited 10 minutes and killed it. Turned HD details off on Marie (left) and Shaneka (midle), and apparently Tamara (right) has no dials.

BeforApplying_002.png
    1677 x 864 - 439K
    edited December 1969

Did you convert the V4 Marie skin for your examples?

I did that a few days ago and it renders better for me than the Rochella skin tone. Not the ideal solution though - I would really like to get the quality that she gets in the promo images.