Show Us Your Bryce Renders! Part 9

Comments

• Tim82Tim82 Posts: 859

welcome to the new comers, and very nice renders smiley

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 5,084

S Ray - very nice render

Horo - thanks :)

Kootenay_photos - nice abstract using David's tutorial.

• David BrinnenDavid Brinnen Posts: 3,136
    edited October 2015

Good to see the tutorials getting an airing.  I've continued to fiddle with hypertextures.  Here's a simple experiment that uses an infinite plane and a mirror ball.  The plane has a hypertexture derived bump applied to it.  The composition of which is shown after the wireframe shot.  Additionally a HDRI made by Horo DS-Sky01_0400.hdr from Deep Space HDRI ( http://www.daz3d.com/bryce-7-pro-deep-space-hdri-1 ) to give the reflective surfaces something interesting to work with.

Wireframe.jpg
    897 x 863 - 373K
    mat1.jpg
    680 x 548 - 138K
    Dte1.jpg
    938 x 520 - 128K
    Dte2.jpg
    968 x 550 - 129K
    Spacesky.jpg
    647 x 552 - 180K
    Reflection_bump_exp1.jpg
    850 x 850 - 220K
    Post edited by David Brinnen on

Wow - really awesome render David

• vivienvivien Posts: 184

David - I agree with mermaid, the second reflection looks nicer to me. And really like the hypertexture experiment... looks like a drop in and oily surface.

Mermaid - Don't be to hard on yourself. I think you did nicely on the still life. We all wish that they would look like Slepalex's still... But we'll keep on trying.

kootenay_photos - Welcome to the forum... Really good job on your wings 3d render, I like the material and lighting, looks very natural. And also your abstract pattern looks very nice.... David and Horo have so much knowledge and they share a lot of it.... you are in good hands.

SRay - Nice car render.

After seeing David's last post, I decided to play with mirror planes, reflective objects and different of Horo's HDRI,  I haven't applied the hypertexture yet.... Here are some of the results.

GOLD.jpg
    800 x 800 - 23K
    hdr blue.jpg
    800 x 800 - 24K
    twisted hdr.jpg
    800 x 800 - 34K
    edited October 2015

Thanks Vivien.smiley

Here are a few using the hypertexture method David described above

dis2.jpg
    600 x 600 - 111K
    mirdis.jpg
    600 x 600 - 67K
    hypertexture-mirroredball2.jpg
    600 x 600 - 64K
    Post edited by mermaid010 on
  • JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited October 2015

Very cool reflective thingies...I'd say you find it hard to stop as the results must be limitless.

I'm still stuck in the real world...heh he, the below a result. Title: 'Higher, HIGHER...'

Jay

Edit: Added a border around the bottom one as it was blending in too much to the Bryce background, and postwork (motion blur) for movement. Could have done this latter trick in Bryce, but the rendering was taking too long (I kinda don't do long renders....waste of computer time etc.,).

Post edited by Jamahoney on

Higher.jpg
    1500 x 750 - 338K

• HansmarHansmar Posts: 2,780
    edited October 2015

Great texture work by David!

Well used by others too.

Wonderful movement in the very happy swinging girl by Jamahoney!

Unfortunately, somehow my scene with volumetric made flowers crashed and it won't open in Bryce anymore. It opens to 99% and then Bryce crashes! I lost it all! I did not even save a simple first version (stupid, stupid, stupid). Have to do it again.....

Post edited by Hansmar on
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,208

kootenay_photos - interesting abstract.

David - interesting effect with HT bump on ground plane. Got to try this one out.

Vivien - great spiral shape and nicely presented - all 3 are beaurtiful.

Mermaid - you beat me with David's hyper bump tutorial. Great results.

Jamahoney - lovely scene.

edited October 2015

Cheers Hansmar and Horo...I think the postwork one is best; even though I usually try to avoid doing so - from a 'see-what-one-can-do-in-Bryce-without-using-postwork' attitude. However, as mentioned above, it is quite easy to produce the motion-blur effect in Bryce.

Jay

edited October 2015

Vivien – Sorry I missed your beautiful renders, very nice work.  Did you do the Spirals in Wings 3D?

Jay – lovely render, a very happy lass. I only see one render, is that the one with the motion blur. I agree abstracts are very addictive. I uploaded a few more to my Abstract Board on Pinterest.

Hansmar – don’t feel bad, most of the time I forget to save too, the bright side - more practise when redoing a scene,  wink

Horo – thanks, looking forward to seeing your results.

Post edited by mermaid010 on

Cheers, Mermaid...yes I see two works - the normal Bryce one and the motion-blur one...that's weird. I tried deleting the normal, but unsuccessful.

Jay

Hi Jay - I think it's weird too, I only see the small attached and the larger one of the same image. One will think by now the problems with the forum are sorted out, but I guess not.

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,059

I can see both pictures here. The second one hasn't got the small preview image below it though.

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    Hansmar said:

Unfortunately, somehow my scene with volumetric made flowers crashed and it won't open in Bryce anymore. It opens to 99% and then Bryce crashes! I lost it all! I did not even save a simple first version (stupid, stupid, stupid). Have to do it again.....

A long shot:  Are you using Large Address Aware already?  If not, you could try installing it to see if that's what it takes to get your scene open again.  That may not help in any way, but then again it might.

Fishtales said:

I can see both pictures here. The second one hasn't got the small preview image below it though.

It is strange, I'm not sure if its my browser. This is how I see Jay's post, the first image when I am logged-in and the second when logged-out. I'm just curious to see the difference in the images after Jay applied the motion blur.

logged-in.jpg
    800 x 371 - 42K
    logged-out.jpg
    800 x 372 - 27K
  • FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,059

Does the first one show up if you click on the attachment thumbnail?

Yes it does. It's the same as the second image, without the thumbnail. Weird LOL

A none Bryce related question - is there anyway I can disable the Windows 10 update notification, it's getting quite irritating reminding me every 2 days to update Thanks

•  

Yes it does. It's the same as the second image, without the thumbnail. Weird LOL

A none Bryce related question - is there anyway I can disable the Windows 10 update notification, it's getting quite irritating reminding me every 2 days to update Thanks

A few weeks ago I looked into this problem myself.  The verdict of the internet was that it was indeed possible but that it was tricky to do and all your hard work would be undone with the next windows update which would reinstate the popup.  Everything I've read about Windows 10 has only further persuaded me that I do not wish to own Windows 10.  The fact that it is "free" tells me everything I need to know about how good a deal it is for me to have it.

On my last Win7 updates, I didn't find a way to stop Win10 updates, 2.9 GB of downloads. When all was done, a agree/decline window popped up and I declined. Only then could I run the Win 7 updates.

edited October 2015

Mermaid - Thank you for your comment,  I did the spiral with Bryce, multireplicating a torus. your 3 hypertexture renders look great, I like the colors and design of the second the best

Jay - Just adorable, I agree with Hansmar, you managed to give her movement....Very beautiful. I also see the second render only.

Horo - thank you

Playing around with David's hypertexture method. It's sure and interesting concept I used Horo's HDRI and a three lobed ring from the Bryce library to make the spiral

blue spiral.jpg
    800 x 800 - 25K
    purple ball.jpg
    800 x 800 - 27K
    Post edited by vivien on
  • Tim82Tim82 Posts: 859

here is a solution to removing the windows10 offer smiley .... i have tried this method on 2 pc's and both worked perfectly smiley

http://www.windowscentral.com/how-remove-get-windows-10-app-pc

edited October 2015

Thanks, Vivien...it all started with the dress, which I got for free here (link is to Renderosity) on Renderosity's Free Stuff . Love the left bluey one - it reminds me of something, but can't put my finger on it quite yet.

Mermaid, that certainly is a strange one...not seeing both images, but to answer your query, I think you are seeing the motion-blur work.

Windows 10...very glad I didn't upgrade...Win 7 is still doing fine for me on this old computer.

Jay

edited October 2015

Tim - thank you! I haven't reserved it, but the KB3035583 was installed, which I removed. I'll see how it behaves and remove it from the 2nd Win7 machine in a day or two if all is fine.

Vivien - great renders.

Post edited by Horo on

David - that hyper texture derived bump is another of those silly ideas. How am I supposed to stop playing with these? It's endless. I used two planes, one has different frequencies for all 3 directions and it is almost on top of the first but tilted a bit in all 3 axes. Just changing the HDRI. Bump is object space.

Abstract_01.jpg
    800 x 800 - 151K
    Abstract_02.jpg
    800 x 800 - 161K

Thanks David, Horo and Tim for your responses to my Windows 10 Query. I will check out Tim's link.

Vivien - awesome renders, I love them.

Horo - Wow beautiful. I agree -  very addictive. I must try your method adding another or maybe two planes.

Here's more

hypermirror01.jpg
    600 x 600 - 21K
    hypermirror4.jpg
    600 x 600 - 34K

Horo and Mermaid - Thank you for your comments. I see that both of you have the hyper texture bug as well.... Love what you have done.. The colors and swirls on yours Horo look wonderful and both yours mermaid are so different from each other they each have their unique beauty...Really lovely all four.

As for me my hand is hurting from tweaking the same render for a few hours now...

This is the where I'll stop today.  

blue and red ball.jpg
    800 x 800 - 39K

Mermaid and Vivien - thank you. Great results from both of you. It shows that the same method can produce entirely different results.

This discussion has been closed.