WINNERS ANNOUNCED: Render Contest: As You Wish Genie Outfit for Genesis 2 Females [Commercial]

SloshSlosh Posts: 2,391
edited September 2014 in The Commons

Edit: OK, so the day is finally here! After a one week extension, I have to draw the contest to a close. There are 13 entries marked Final Entry, but I imagine zeuxidamus1 may have meant to include his/her render, so make sure you evaluate that render as well.

Voting should be simple... just make a comment indicating your vote, one vote per person. If you do not feel comfortable posting your vote in the thread, you can PM me with the name of your pick, or email me at my DAZ only email address, which is "SloshDAZ @ gmail.com" without the quotes or spaces. At this time Wednesday night (Thursday morning for us east coasters) the voting will stop. I will be counting them up as soon as I get up Thursday morning and will notify the winners via PM so I can get their email addresses for the gift certificates. Hopefully this gives you plenty of time to spend your prize, which is nice during a big sale such as we have this month.

---------------------------------------------------------------
So, I wanted to wait a few days before announcing this render contest, mostly to see if enough people had the outfit to make the contest interesting. The As You Wish Genie Outfit is the most fun I've ever had creating clothing, at least in terms of creativity. The behind-the-scenes logistics of it was truly frustrating at times, but very worth the effort in the end.

The contest is simple: Show your best renders with As You Wish Genie Outfit for Genesis 2 Females using anything you want to make the best image possible, including post work in programs such as Gimp or Photoshop. Use any rendering engine, no rules or restrictions. Any size is acceptible, and I don't care if you post it in a gallery as well as this thread. You don't have to use every piece of the outfit, but please use enough that we can still tell it is the outfit. You don't have to use the included textures, either. Post as many entries as you like, but choose the one you want for voting and label it "FINAL ENTRY" along with the title. The only thing I really want to require is that you have fun and "Wow" me.

I will be personally awarding two $25 DAZ Gift Cards to the winners. One winner will be chosen by popular vote in this thread, the other will be chosen by myself based solely on "Wow, I like that!" If a large number of entries are submitted (say 25 or more), I will add a third $25 Gift Card. This third entry will be the one that receives the 2nd highest number of votes in the thread. The gift card does not have to be spent in the Slosh store... use it to buy anything you want.

I would like to keep the contest fairly short so that the prizes can be awarded in time for the winners to use their gift cards. So, from this moment until midnight PST on August 31st, submit your renders to this thread. Voting will be 3 days long from September 1 to September 3, ending at midnight PST. Just to clarify, those times are Pacific Standard Time (California time). I will choose my winning image after the voters have chosen their winners. Winners will be notified by Private Message (PM) prior to announcing them in the thread so that I can collect email addresses for the gift cards.

This is my first time setting up a contest, so I hope I have covered all the rules clearly. If you have questions, please post them to this thread, which I will be checking daily. I will be out of town at a conference this Thursday through Saturday, so I will probably only be checking the thread at night, but I won't skip it altogether, so if you don't hear immediate responses, just give me a little time.

So, to sum it up:
1. Enter as many renders "as you wish" to the thread, but only one will be eligible for voting. Mark this one "FINAL ENTRY". Only entries marked this way will be eligible for voting.
2. No size restrictions
3. Give each entry a unique title
4. Use any renderer you wish and post-work is allowed
5. Last entry accepted at midnight PST on August 31 (this will be strictly adhered to in order to be fair)
6. Voting begins immediately at 12:01 A.M. PST on September 1, ends at midnight PST on September 3
7. Extra points will not be given for using other Slosh products in the render, but will get smiles from me :)
8. Prizes will be awarded on September 4 as soon as I've had my coffee and had a chance to tally the votes.

I would like to keep this contest simple and fun, so the rules are pretty relaxed. I just love this outfit and have done more than 50 test renders myself, and I would love to see what you have done with it. I want to encourage everyone to enter, including PAs and Forum Mods, etc. No restrictions means no restrictions. Since it's not an official DAZ contest, all should be welcome to participate.

Edit: I am extending the contest one week to allow more entries. So the deadline is now 11:59 p.m. PST (California time) on Sunday September 7, 2014. The judging will be counted starting immediately after that for three full days, ending on Wednesday September 10 at 11:59 p.m.

Genie_Surprise.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 1M
Post edited by Slosh on

Comments

• SloshSlosh Posts: 2,391
    edited December 1969

I hope the lack of replies to this thread is only because you guys are busy rendering and not because nobody is interested :) Actually, I just made this post to move the thread up again, in case it gets buried. I won't keep doing that, since I know the mods don't like it :)

• KaribouKaribou Posts: 1,325
    edited December 1969

I'm interested!!! :D Pesky real life slows things down! Loooooove the outfit!

edited December 1969

I'm interested!!! :D Pesky real life slows things down! Loooooove the outfit!

Yay! I look forward to seeing what you come up with. I love the outfit, myself, but it's a little tacky to say it too much :P

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited August 2014

Allow me to be the first one to respond with an actual image then. Here's Eclipse, genie of the lamp puzzling over exactly how to grant a couple of wishes thrown at her by Sadie and Sam. Quite the dilemma, even for an all-powerful genie.

Final Entry

3_wishes_forum.jpg
    1000 x 714 - 514K
    Post edited by Herald of Fire on
  • wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339
    edited December 1969

Slosh said:
    Yay! I look forward to seeing what you come up with. I love the outfit, myself, but it's a little tacky to say it too much :P

Let me add that I got mine and I love it, but I haven't had a chance to do too much with it yet (I'm currently working on something where I can't use it ... :down: )

-- Walt Sterdan

• DraagonStormDraagonStorm Posts: 748
    edited August 2014

Midnight At The Oasis

As You Wish (Silver Texture with a hint of Blue added to the diffuse)
    End of Summer Hair
    Skin Builder Pro
    Instant Makeup for V5 UV Skin Sets
    Burnish and Bright Nails
    Paradise Pavilion
    Velvety Goodness!

Postwork in Photoshop CS5

Thank you Slosh.

MidnightAtTheOasis.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 1M
    Post edited by DraagonStorm on
    edited December 1969

Very magical, DraagonStorm! I like it :)

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,086
    edited August 2014

Title- Djeannie's flight to freedom
    Final Entry

Rendered in Carrara, along with other custom changes such as textures, morphing props, and hair.

Great product, Slosh.

a_genie_wip_decent.jpg
    800 x 600 - 41K
    Post edited by Diomede on
    edited December 1969

Thanks, Diomede. I love the magic carpet idea. I almost made one, but time did not permit me.

I just want to remind everyone, if you want your image to be eligible for a prize, make sure you put "FINAL IMAGE" after the title (or below it. just somewhere that it can be seen)

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,027
    edited December 1969

Title: Three Wishes
    Final Entry

Three_Wishes.jpg
    1250 x 1500 - 336K
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,086
    edited December 1969

Title: Answering the Call
    Not an entry

Really enjoying this product set. Playing with the textures is fun. There are a lot of combinations of clothing and props to try. Poke through has not been a problem. Fun.

Rendered in Carrara 8.5. The headdress is custom made, with crystals replicated along the band.

another_genie_wip.jpg
    800 x 600 - 23K
  • mark128mark128 Posts: 1,029
    edited December 1969

That Harem Girl
    FINAL ENTRY

That_Harem_Girl.jpg
    1200 x 1600 - 451K
    edited December 1969

I've been out of town for a few days, so I'm only now getting a chance to see the new entries. I do hope, however, that we get over 25 entries so I can kick in that 3rd prize :)

tjohn, it looks wonderful! What character is this? The face and expression are very pretty, reminds me of an actress, but the name escapes me.

mark128, I saw this image in the Galleries and I'm glad you found this render thread. I love the addition of the pottery and the plant, and of course that wonderful hookah!

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,027
    edited December 1969

Slosh said:

tjohn, it looks wonderful! What character is this? The face and expression are very pretty, reminds me of an actress, but the name escapes me.

That's Olympia. She's one of my favorite characters. :)
  • KhoryKhory Posts: 3,854
    edited August 2014

I thought I would kick one in.

Tittle :Waiting ends
    FINAL ENTRY

An_end_of_Waiting.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 319K
    Post edited by Khory on
  • DraagonStormDraagonStorm Posts: 748
    edited December 1969

Chillin' with a Good Bottle of ....

FINAL ENTRY

As You Wish: Genie Outfit for Genesis 2 Female(s)
    LY Sloan
    SPEX for Genesis
    The bottle was a freebie from years ago... Can't remember from where. Used AoA Metalized Glass Shaders for DAZ Studio to update it.
    Background is a 'modified' Hubble Telescope image.

Postwork in PhotoShop

ChillinWithAGoodBottle.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 644K
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited September 2014

Inexperienced Genie Grants Wish: Stag Party With Hot Women
    Final Entry

'Nuff said. (Well, poor Benjamin.)

I'll do a writeup of all the products used in my Art Studio thread. The Genie outfit used a combination of The Fabricator and Totally Bazaar for the materials. Great outfit!

Click to enlarge.

GenieFINAL4SIG.jpg
    2000 x 1449 - 2M
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited December 1969

Stag Party, LOL. :)) I can't help wonder what the fan is for?

edited December 1969

The HOT women.

edited September 2014

To show this wonderful outfit, here's a non-entry, shows the genie from the other scene but at a different angle. Postwork done in a graphics program to make the genie a cartoon.

Genie7bFlatStyle.jpg
    1574 x 2000 - 941K
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited December 1969

Novica said:
    To show this wonderful outfit, here's a non-entry, postwork done in a graphics program to make the genie a cartoon.

Oh, I really like this, Novica! Might have to change the rules to allow multiple entries :P. No, can't do that this late in the game. There is nothing about this render that would disqualify it, though.... I'm just saying

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited December 1969

Title: Wishful Thinking

Final Entry

Suite 2101
    Tigerlily (skin only)
    Short Ponytail Hair
    Advanced Spotlight & Ambient light
    Smile Delight
    Character morph is a mix

184_-_Wishful_Thinking.jpg
    720 x 1080 - 867K
    edited December 1969

We probably aren't supposed to comment but I really like everyone's renders so...
    Love that camera angle Mattymanx! I think your figure is what my poor Benjamin had in mind- very sultry! (Or DraagonStorm's- love the blowing hair and that bottle really does look quite nice. Good find!) :) Khory- very creative with the lid off the lamp, the way the light is dark near her ankles then gradually lightens going up the body, and the wisps of smoke rising up. I'm so glad Slosh made a removable lid, it's a very nice touch.

HeraldOfFire- Eclipse is adorable- I picked her up during the sale and thought of you. The sparkles were just perfect, and Sam's face is priceless- so hopeful. DraagonStorm- really like the blue and that detailed background makes the solid genie outfit stand out nicely. Diomede64- nice touch with the flying carpet and her leg placement. Tjohn- the color of the smoke with the outfit and background looks really good- it's brighter and draws the eye nicely- and I really like her facial expression- so happy! Mark128- beautiful lighting, particularly on the face- I like the contrast of the sides. Her pose is enticing too.

And thanks Slosh for hosting the contest.

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,879
    edited December 1969

I look at mine and think she should be saying something like "Sorry, you want the stag party 3 floors up in Novica's render"

edited August 2014

Mattymanx said:
    I look at mine and think she should be saying something like "Sorry, you want the stag party 3 floors up in Novica's render"

LOL- and Benjamin would LOVE to have a more seasoned Genie to help straighten things out! (Or not even a genie...)

Post edited by Novica on
    edited December 1969

I was happy to see another entry (from MattyManx). I really hope some more come in before the deadline. It's kind of hard to pick 2 or 3 winners from only about 6 entries... it would make the other 3 feel pretty bad. I may have to either extend the deadline or cancel the contest, neither of which makes me feel good.

• BarubaryBarubary Posts: 1,201
    edited December 1969

- Final Entry -

Title: Dance for the Lizard Warlord

Dance_for_the_Lizard_Warlord.jpg
    1440 x 1080 - 920K
  • Subtropic PixelSubtropic Pixel Posts: 2,378
    edited December 1969

Question: When is "Midnight"? In other words, is the due-date...

Sunday Morning at 00:00:00?
    ...or...
    Sunday Night at 23:59.59 (because "Midnight" actually belongs to the "new day")?

I need to know if I will have Sunday to purchase the outfit and work on this or not, and the word "Midnight" has a specific meaning that seems not in agreement with the rules as stated.

"Midnight Sunday" is technically 00:00:00 which is only about 2 hours from this writing; meaning that I would not have Sunday to work on this.

Thanks and apologies for being nit-picky. :red:

edited December 1969

Question: When is "Midnight"? In other words, is the due-date...

Sunday Morning at 00:00:00?
    ...or...
    Sunday Night at 23:59.59 (because "Midnight" actually belongs to the "new day")?

I need to know if I will have Sunday to purchase the outfit and work on this or not, and the word "Midnight" has a specific meaning that seems not in agreement with the rules as stated.

"Midnight Sunday" is technically 00:00:00 which is only about 2 hours from this writing; meaning that I would not have Sunday to work on this.

Thanks and apologies for being nit-picky. :red:

Nitpicky is fine... It's good to be clear on the rules. I extended the contest a full week, so it will end on Sunday September 7 at 11:59 p.m. PST (California time). I look forward to seeing your entry :)

• Subtropic PixelSubtropic Pixel Posts: 2,378
    edited December 1969

Sheesh, after making so much trouble, I suppose I need to at least buy the damned thing now, huh? :lol:

Thank you for the extra week and the specificity; I like 11:59 PM, aka 23:59 because it leaves zero doubt.

I have errands to run today so I'll be thinking of a concept... :cheese: