BRYCE RENDER CHALLENGE ►►►Early Summer Edition◄◄◄ Theme is ­▄▀▄▀▄ STREAMS ▄▀▄▀▄

Comments

• Tim82Tim82 Posts: 858
    edited December 1969

i thought i would contribute a small image i have been working on, it's not great...but im happy with it :)

forest_life.jpg
    1022 x 511 - 520K
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

Hi and welcome. Nice image

• Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

+1 from me. I really like the POV and how the trees cast shadows on the rocks below. Nicely done.
    edited December 1969

chohole said:

thanks

• magicweavermagicweaver Posts: 244
    edited December 1969

well done tim very nice :D better than mine lmao least yours looks real

• GussNemoGussNemo Posts: 1,855
    edited December 1969

@timothybateman: Welcome to the forum. Your scene is very nice. Water and shadows are nicely done. The branch hanging over the water is a nice touch.

edited December 1969

ty for the compliments...i will put up a better quality render ...i did that on my laptop ...ile have to do one on my PC now, its a bit more powerfull :)

edited December 1969

i cleaned up the scene a bit :)

River_Life.jpg
    1194 x 563 - 547K
  • fictionalbookshelffictionalbookshelf Posts: 837
    edited December 1969

Can I scratch my WIP #1? I had a computer crash and lost everything. I did have all my content saved on an external hard drive so I can just install and such but I don't have the scene file I saved for the WIP because it was on the pc drive in my docuements. I plan to start from new though if that is okay.

edited December 1969

Yes that's fine.

edited December 1969

@timothy: Because the rocks on the bottom of the stream show better, I like your first image more. I do, though, like the far end reflection on the water in your second image. As I usually say, still, a very nice image.

• mermaid010mermaid010 Posts: 4,999
    edited December 1969

Great, absolutely beautiful entries from everyone.

My first entry, the chest is either from archive3d or 3dbar, not sure which site as I downloaded it a while ago. I had problems with the streaming rays. I tweaked Dan's fog, tried it on different primitives then settled for a skewed cylinder.

Fool’s Gold.

streamchallenge1.jpg
    600 x 600 - 50K
  • HoroHoro Posts: 10,122
    edited December 1969

@fictionalromance - nice entry, sorry to hear about your misbehaving computer.

@Pam - nice work in the Subterranean Stream.

@GussNemo - I like the colour of the mountains.

@Jay - excellent duck perspective.

@mtnmen - what a great idea.

@dana365 great waterfall, particularly the animation. Incredibly many trees.

@Magikweaver - very sweet scene.

@timothybateman - very nice scene, I like the second more because of the enhanced specular on the river.

@mermaid010 - looks great but I miss the water.

Here's my second try.
    Title: Small River
    Product used: Bryce 7.1 Pro - Vegetation

SmallRiver.jpg
    1000 x 563 - 217K
  • Yellow PenYellow Pen Posts: 918
    edited December 1969

Nice entries, I love your Ideas :-)
    Many rivers... . So I put another river to his brothers here :-)

My first entiry, Wild river:

Wild_river.jpg
    1400 x 787 - 801K
    edited December 1969

another attempt at this scene "flowing life" :)

Flowing_Life.jpg
    1194 x 563 - 807K
  • c-ramc-ram Posts: 376
    edited December 1969

Wondefull entry from everyone! I particularly like Horos and Timothybatemans one. I've got to work hard on my project to be worthy.

edited December 1969

c-ram said:
    Wondefull entry from everyone! I particularly like Horos and Timothybatemans one. I've got to work hard on my project to be worthy.

i wouldn't say you would have to work harder, i saw your entry and i thought it looked great! very interesting idea also :) ...but thanks for the compliment.

edited December 1969

@Horo: Thanks. Your new scene reminds me of a place I lived with a creek nearby. We collected frog eggs and stripped raspberry bushes bare. That's a really nice scene.

@yellow Pen: I'm sure glad I don't have to navigate that river. Nice work.

@timothybateman: Latest scene is awfully nice. Love the look of the water.

edited December 1969

Light streaming through the window.

streams_of_light_4.jpg
    506 x 675 - 257K
    edited December 1969

Cho, that is fantastic!! Years ago, when I was still playing in Bryce 4, I tried a tutorial for light streaming through a window (though not a fancy one like in yours), and I just couldn't for the life of me get the light in the correct position to get it to do what I wanted. You did a great job on this. :coolsmile:

edited December 1969

@ cho ...awesome looking scene :) ...I really like stain glass windows.

edited December 1969

@Pam: Love the colors in that scene. Really nice work.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,122
    edited December 1969

@yellow Pen - that's a very violent stream.

@Pam - very nicely done. I didn't realise what mermaid010 did and complained about the missing water: streaming light, why didn't that occur to me?

edited June 2014

Thanks all.

The window is part of the old "The Study" from RHS (now Jack Tomalin) and I just tweaked the glass texture included with a filter called "Kyoto Color" from flaming pear before applying it to the window pane in the transparency channel as well as the diffuse and set trans at 100%. Used a sunset type sky I had done and played with it till I got the sun in the right position to stream through the window. The light rays are a cone (of course) and again I played with the settings in the mat room having applied the default "lit rays" mat from Bryce 5. I added a colour channel in the 4th spot in diffusion, which is set at "interpol+interferences" No value to it, it is just in both diffusion channels

Post edited by Chohole on
  • magicweavermagicweaver Posts: 244
    edited December 1969

cho my friend thats just lovely!

edited December 1969

Thanks for the tidbits on how you accomplished it, as it really came out great. :coolsmile:

• mtnmenmtnmen Posts: 444
    edited December 1969

Chohole... What a gorgeous scene... Being a stained glass artist, my self, for nearly 40 years I can really appreciate what you have done here... The general lighting and color casting rays are superb. I might try to do a scene like this using some of my actual window designs... I'm really wowed by this.
    Thanks
    Steve

• Lord GanthorLord Ganthor Posts: 592
    edited December 1969

Well, not exactly what I wanted or what I started out with, but if I keep messing the the @#$% thing it'll never get posted. I guess it'll pass...

Waterfall_Stream.jpg
    525 x 663 - 397K
    edited December 1969

Well, not exactly what I wanted or what I started out with, but if I keep messing the the @#$% thing it'll never get posted. I guess it'll pass...

Most of the things I work on never end up looking anything like they did when I started. Nice scene.

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited December 1969

Chohole...very nice lighting ffect, and, a play on the word 'stream'. When the theme was first proposed, my initial thought was...hmmm....now how could I integrate a render of the Jet 'Stream' into a Bryce work...hehe...gave up in the end ;)

Lord Ganthor...love it. Can understand your frustration in when to continue or end a work. Just a suggestion, and I know you didn't ask for any, but how would skewing the camera down a little and get a reflection of the 'Fairy?' in the water - might add to the scene, as Byrce does great reflections.

Jay