The Wakeful Brain Complaint Thread

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    sigh, i haz a slight fever, 100.1. aches. sighh

*hugs* Asprin will help with fever, Doctor will help with aches :)

thankies. i haz advil.

my doggie is staring at my face. he must need me to adore for more than usual.

• atticanneatticanne Posts: 3,009
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Happy Wednesday, and now for some MID WEEK COMPLAINTS!!!

- It's not Friday
    - I'm at work
    - My intestines hate me
    - My foot is sore
    - I feel flat
    - I'm writing help documentation
    - One of my co-workers is being a pain in the butt
    - It's going to be hotter than heck today
    - I'm super tired of it being hotter than hec
    - I think I'm getting tired of living n Texas
    - I'm in a ragingly crabby mood
    - I need to learn to write Android apps
    - I'm thinking - writing Android games - interactive fiction for tablets - might make soda money
    - Maybe get an iPad and write iPad apps too but they're EXPENSIVE
    - did I say I was REALLY BITCHY TODAY? :vampire: :snake:

@#$#%^^%*&&^@#$%^*&%$#%@#%^!!!!!

Hope you are having a better time by now. Brrrrrr cold here at 0200 ;)

I'm marginally less bitchy, for what it's worth! Currently 90f here, want some Texas heat? %-P

90 is a cold spell, Woolyloach. Heat is 11X; freezing is 45F. We just like to give newcomers a warm welcome to Texas. :-P

I'll do my part for rain tomorrow. First, string up a clothesline in the backyard. Direct violation of deed restrictions because it makes our neighborhood look "tacky." Then wash a couple of loads of clothes and hang them on the line. Usually brings rain within 24 hours. It would really help if we could get everyone to do it at the same time. Tacky be hanged!

edited December 1969

I am probably moving to nc

You have my sympathies. I've got some really nutty cousins in Charlotte. Actually a move might be good for you right now. Start over in a new location, get a new job.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,602
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Morning. Cold under a pale grey sky here. ps where is nc ?

...North Carolina.
    edited December 1969

Get better soon. It always helps me to just stay in bed and sleep it off. Good excuse for doing nothing, but nobody will wash the dishes they dirty while I'm sick.

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,393
    edited December 1969

Greeaaat.... Bought a pose-pack for the SubDragon on Renderosity (That has a really cute curled-up-and-asleep pose, a very difficult pose to make!) and only just now got around to installing it, only to notice every single file is in .DSF and .DSA format and cannot be read by InterPoser. Heck, they won't even show up in the library.
    *sigh* Does this mean I'm going to have to get D|S just to convert the pose files into a format that IPP can read? (If that's even possible)

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

At least Studio is free, grab yourself a copy of the Poser Format Exporter (PFE) script as well :)

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,739
    edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:

Get better soon. It always helps me to just stay in bed and sleep it off. Good excuse for doing nothing, but nobody will wash the dishes they dirty while I'm sick.

I hope it will be a good thing. I will live closer to my mum.

edited December 1969

Sounds real nice, living closer to mum :)

edited December 1969

Last day of time off tomorrow *pouts* I was reading an i/v with an indi film maker complaining he only had a year to make seventy individual animated shots. Lucky guy I thought, I get six months, if I'm lucky, to produce seventy scenes *pouts moar*

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

AtticAnne said:
    ps1borg said:
    Happy Wednesday, and now for some MID WEEK COMPLAINTS!!!

- It's not Friday
    - I'm at work
    - My intestines hate me
    - My foot is sore
    - I feel flat
    - I'm writing help documentation
    - One of my co-workers is being a pain in the butt
    - It's going to be hotter than heck today
    - I'm super tired of it being hotter than hec
    - I think I'm getting tired of living n Texas
    - I'm in a ragingly crabby mood
    - I need to learn to write Android apps
    - I'm thinking - writing Android games - interactive fiction for tablets - might make soda money
    - Maybe get an iPad and write iPad apps too but they're EXPENSIVE
    - did I say I was REALLY BITCHY TODAY? :vampire: :snake:

@#$#%^^%*&&^@#$%^*&%$#%@#%^!!!!!

Hope you are having a better time by now. Brrrrrr cold here at 0200 ;)

I'm marginally less bitchy, for what it's worth! Currently 90f here, want some Texas heat? %-P

90 is a cold spell, Woolyloach. Heat is 11X; freezing is 45F. We just like to give newcomers a warm welcome to Texas. :-P

I'll do my part for rain tomorrow. First, string up a clothesline in the backyard. Direct violation of deed restrictions because it makes our neighborhood look "tacky." Then wash a couple of loads of clothes and hang them on the line. Usually brings rain within 24 hours. It would really help if we could get everyone to do it at the same time. Tacky be hanged!

I actually grew up in Plano and Richardson for many of my young years, Mom was born in Pecos, and I have a ton of relatives in the DFW area! But it wasn't as hot back then... urgh.

I wore my new straw hat again and left the umbrella at home - that's a serious rainmaking spell. :smirk:

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Last day of time off tomorrow *pouts* I was reading an i/v with an indi film maker complaining he only had a year to make seventy individual animated shots. Lucky guy I thought, I get six months, if I'm lucky, to produce seventy scenes *pouts moar*

I'm surprised they gave you any time off, with all that to do!!!! Yow!!! :ahhh:

Best of luck when you get back to work! :)

edited December 1969

Thanks, heh is not so bad :) Only signed up for a year in this job, I'm finishing at Christmas, only three and a half more months to go. I get paid time off in leu of overtime, had 12 days saved up - that was a lot of early mornings and late nights - just finishing a ten day break and don't think it was long enough so looking forward to having an extended break next year :)

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

I wore my new straw hat again and left the umbrella at home - that's a serious rainmaking spell. :smirk:

Did it rain yesterday? Today we're all out of rain, so I can't send. But we had nice cloudy weather, and pleasantly cool air and a bit of wind, so my cat-feeding gig turned out to be real nice!

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:

Did it rain yesterday? Today we're all out of rain, so I can't send. But we had nice cloudy weather, and pleasantly cool air and a bit of wind, so my cat-feeding gig turned out to be real nice!

Yes raining here now. And hail. Don't know if the snow materialised, it sure is cold ;)

edited December 1969

motorbike drop

MBsml.jpg
    800 x 400 - 206K
    edited December 1969

Well, no fancy Newegg computer for me! Paypal SUCKS!!! :coolgrin:

I tried to order it and got a "declined" message, so I went through the hoops it takes to get a one0time security code to call them (yes, you CANNOT call them without one now, it seems). I got told that despite telling Paypal to use my checking account they tried to use my CREDIT CARD, which has about $50 on it. And THEN they said "just do it again" but they couldn't promise that the previous transaction wouldn't suddenly hit my bank account and that THERE WAS NOTHING THEY COULD DO ABOUT IT. I even went up the management chain and heard the same thing - tough luck.

So, I'm gong to buy something local and I'm cancelling my Paypal account immediately. I went to the bank and told them all about this, they have Paypal locked out of my account now. Screw Paypal! :coolgrin:

I won't get as massive a machine but I'll have it in my hands immediately AND be able to take the bus to the store if anything goes wrong.

I guess to make lemonade out of this immense, mind-numbing lemon of suckitude, I don't NEED a screaming 3D system as I should be WRITING 85% of the time and spending the rest on 3D and music!!! FFFOOOOOCCCUUUSSSS!! Saves me money, too! :ahhh:

edited December 1969

Huh the only trouble I've ever had with Paypal was when buying Vue Complete and later down the line when trying to buy Maxwell.
    In the former case it was because I hadn't verified my account and so couldn't send more than I think it was $200 or $300 in one sitting (V Complete was $640). In Maxwell's case it was because of a limitation on foreign transactions, but that was a limitation my bank had and not PayPal though... I just called them and within an hour was able to purchase Maxwell :D

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,739
    edited December 1969

I am tired. I have work tonight.

Soon I will be in nc.

edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    Huh the only trouble I've ever had with Paypal was when buying Vue Complete and later down the line when trying to buy Maxwell.
    In the former case it was because I hadn't verified my account and so couldn't send more than I think it was $200 or $300 in one sitting (V Complete was $640). In Maxwell's case it was because of a limitation on foreign transactions, but that was a limitation my bank had and not PayPal though... I just called them and within an hour was able to purchase Maxwell :D

I'm one of the unlucky many - apparently (according to my research) Paypal just does this sometimes, and depending on who/what/when/phase of the moon/cosmic rays, they may or may not admit a mistake, and may or may not do anything about it, and may or may not go ahead and take your money! Apparently there have been some lawsuits about same, as well. I've never had luck with any transaction over $500 going through on the first try, I've had $800 clear in the past after 2 days of phone calls and some SERIOUS Tourettes on my part! :smirk:

It hardly matters - I have my Walmart Money Card and it works FLAWLESSLY or every transaction I've had, and I have a 1-800 number that answers with a HUMAN BEING OMG! :bug: So as far as I'm concerned, I'm well-rid of Paypal. they can kiss my caudal peduncle!! :kiss:

I hit the bank at lunch and got the $900 in laptop money out in cash, some lucky LOCAL store is going to get a fat cash sale in the next 2 days! Office Depot has a Lenovo G570 Core i3 on sale for $400, it benches out at 3540 while my current system barely makes 1500, so it's a massive performance increase for low cost - and the machine will take up to 8GB, which should be fine for book covers and Web comics. I'm not a pro artist, I'll never BE a pro artist, in fact I don't want to BECOME a pro artist - I'm a WRITER and MUSICIAN! :-)

n.b. the "Caudal Peduncle" is the place on a fish where the body turns into/is connected to the tail. Todays small biology lesson!

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:

I'm one of the unlucky many - apparently (according to my research) Paypal just does this sometimes, and depending on who/what/when/phase of the moon/cosmic rays, they may or may not admit a mistake, and may or may not do anything about it, and may or may not go ahead and take your money! Apparently there have been some lawsuits about same, as well. I've never had luck with any transaction over $500 going through on the first try, I've had $800 clear in the past after 2 days of phone calls and some SERIOUS Tourettes on my part! :smirk:

It hardly matters - I have my Walmart Money Card and it works FLAWLESSLY or every transaction I've had, and I have a 1-800 number that answers with a HUMAN BEING OMG! :bug: So as far as I'm concerned, I'm well-rid of Paypal. they can kiss my caudal peduncle!! :kiss:

I hit the bank at lunch and got the $900 in laptop money out in cash, some lucky LOCAL store is going to get a fat cash sale in the next 2 days! Office Depot has a Lenovo G570 Core i3 on sale for $400, it benches out at 3540 while my current system barely makes 1500, so it's a massive performance increase for low cost - and the machine will take up to 8GB, which should be fine for book covers and Web comics. I'm not a pro artist, I'll never BE a pro artist, in fact I don't want to BECOME a pro artist - I'm a WRITER and MUSICIAN! :-)

n.b. the "Caudal Peduncle" is the place on a fish where the body turns into/is connected to the tail. Todays small biology lesson!

The only PayPal trouble I've had was when my account was locked after someone else tried to access it. It wasn't hard to get the issue fixed, but it took some time, as they had to send me a password via snail-mail that I had to call them back with.

Like you, I'm a musician and writer (in that order); I'm just dabbling with 3d art as a hobby. But I'm starting to produce acceptable (to my eyes, at least) renders of some of my characters, so it's still applicable to my writing.

Do you have any music online? It would be nice to hear what you're doing.

edited December 1969

Morning. Wild weather, rain and wind and scudding thick black clouds under a bright half-moon, and we haz snow but not where I am, around 50 K away in the hills. No wonder I'm cold.

edited December 1969

riftwitch said:
    Rezca said:

The only PayPal trouble I've had was when my account was locked after someone else tried to access it. It wasn't hard to get the issue fixed, but it took some time, as they had to send me a password via snail-mail that I had to call them back with.

Like you, I'm a musician and writer (in that order); I'm just dabbling with 3d art as a hobby. But I'm starting to produce acceptable (to my eyes, at least) renders of some of my characters, so it's still applicable to my writing.

I don't have anything out right now, my Website is in "disasterous mess" mode and is in dire need of updating.. hopefully this weekend.

It'll end up in my signature once it's done. :coolsmile:

• riftwitchriftwitch Posts: 1,404
    edited December 1969

riftwitch said:

I don't have anything out right now, my Website is in "disasterous mess" mode and is in dire need of updating.. hopefully this weekend.

It'll end up in my signature once it's done. :coolsmile:

I should probably do that as well. I finally created an avatar; it's time to do a sig, too.

edited December 1969

Rezca said:

*hates computers say no* Oh wow Jamaica 1 2 3 in the 200m running ;)

edited December 1969

I am tired. I have work tonight.

Soon I will be in nc.

Is the weather warm in nc? :)

edited December 1969

The Confusing Myself Blues

(Verse 1)

I've got enough dough to buy a computer
    And then go buy a guitar
    Or blow some cash in a sudden flash
    Down at the strip club bar
    I've got enough to go gourmet
    And stuff until I'm fat
    I'm not sure how to spend my cash
    Or where my brain is at!

(Chorus)

I've got those bad confusing blues
    I'm doing it to myself
    I might as well just burn my cash
    Put the ashes in a bottle on the shelf
    I've got no clue of what to do
    Or where I want to go
    I'll fritter away every nickel of pay
    With nothing left to show!

(Verse 2)

To be a writer and scribble down words
    I really don't need a lot
    Or maybe I'll rock around the clock
    While my brain cells go to pot
    Perhaps I'll travel and ride the bus
    Around the whole damn state
    Or grab a girl and give 'er a whirl
    Just rent one for a date!

(repeat chorus)

..and here I ran out of ideas. Need more coffee.

edited December 1969

Going through my archives of pics on my iomega USB thingie and found some stuff. Shenanigans and miscellaneous odd stuff shall ensue.

Happy_Holidays__Warcraft_style.jpg
    549 x 544 - 108K
    edited December 1969

Found the dragon pic I was looking for :3

draggy_birthday.jpg
    726 x 1024 - 222K
    edited December 1969

Well, I made 3 people happy today! :-) :coolsmile:

- The computer sales dude at OfficeDepot that got the $550 sale
    - The department manager that helped me find a good system cheap and gets part of the commission
    - ME! :snake:

Office Depot is having a MSSIVE sale on old Sandy Bridge-based laptops, so I got this Lenovo Z570 Core i5 system for $150 off - it came out to just about $80 more than the i3 system I was looking at and it's significantly faster! It's now my 3D machine and I christen hey "Scylla"! :ahhh: Yes, in a day or so I'll be between Scylla and Charybdis (charybdis is my other laptop).

I have money left.. what to do, what to do? I have enough to get the i3 Lenovo I was looking at and have money left over, or get a mid-range guitar, or party MAXIMALLY at the strip club! Or go to San Antonio for the weekend and travel the Riverwalk!

AAIIEE CONFLICTED!!! :ahhh: :bug:

This discussion has been closed.