The Wakeful Brain Complaint Thread

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,617
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    Rezca said:
    Rezca said:
    Not being able to sleep is a good thing for me at the moment (At Work.). Just had a cup of Blackberry-Pomegranate green tea to help with that just in case.

Ooooh, that tea sounds nice! I wonder if I can find it around here? :coolsmile:

I think I got mine at Safeway. I also grabbed a bunch of other teas. One whose name I forget... Bengal Spices, Raspberry Zinger, Melon & Dragonfruit, Blackberry Pomegranate, and I think one or two others. I like herbal tea.

Oooh those all sound good! I bet Whole Foods will have those if the local grocery store doesn't.

I need to drink more herbal tea, apparently too much caffeine can affect your blood sugar negatively.. feh. Herbal tea to the rescue!
    The Blackberry Pomegranate green tea I got has caffeine in it though. Not sure how much, but it does. 'Tis why I chose to drink it tonight instead of the spices one ^_^
    ...warm afternoon when I left the workplace. Stopped for a Kiwi Bubble Tea on the way to the transit station before heading home. Very tasty and refreshing.

Wednesday is two.buck fifty pint day at my neighbourhood brew pub, and the Stout is finally back after a long drought (yay!). Well worth the wait though .

Listening to the Beatles while tipping a pint or two.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,757
    edited December 1969

I just had a hot pocket. Trying to decide if I want anything else to eat.

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,393
    edited December 1969

Tired, angry, and can't sleep >_>
    Bleh.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

Welp, today, Significant Otter is leaving for a RPG 'con (I'm not -- in recent years I haven't gotten much out of it, so I'd rather be at home and be productive), and doesn't return until 31st. Until then... HOME ALONE! WOOT! :lol:

edited July 2012

Skiriki said:
    Until then... HOME ALONE! WOOT! :lol:

I wish I could be home alone more often. Or at least without the bumbling braindead twit that I have living with me. I don't mind the other two, but I don't like this particular one at all.
    Whines a lot, doesn't see why our cat's litterbox has to be cleaned more than just once every two weeks, sleeps most the day and night (in contrast to me who sleeps most the day and am up all night), and is always asking for money for cigarettes and potato chips. Borrowed over $500 for JUST those items ALONE in under two months. Yeah also? I overheard him telling one of my other housemates that "he hears voices in his head, and smoking makes them go away." Yeeeaaah... And my brother loves being with him. Why? Because he will play D&D and Warcraft with him and I won't. So that, in my brother's eyes, makes him a "good person".
    Better still, last week we were at the store and he started asking people for cigarettes there. <--- lolwut?<br /> .
    Still, I don't like being alone for too long of a time (I can handle a week or so, any longer not so much.) but do like being able to talk to other people. If they can understand what I'm talking about, even better ^_^

Post edited by Rezca on
    edited July 2012

Holy crap.... The detail on those wing membranes and the water splashes is burning a hole through my monitor's screen o__O
    The veins and the translucency... And how glittery the water is...
    https://www.furaffinity.net/view/8471721/ (A link - because small size means more detail lost.)
    ETA that he/she sorta vaguely reminds me of the Green Dragons from Heroes of Might&Magic; 3 - mostly because of the shape of the body and the frills&horns; it sports. The colored spines along its back are similar too.
    WHY doesn't the MilDragon have wings like those? His current wings are "meh". (Yes yes I know about Swidhelm's MilDragon Wings, but more variety would be nice, yes? Humanz shouldn't be the only ones getting lots of wings >_< )

4jcjcwla.jpg
    600 x 600 - 170K
    Post edited by Rezca on
  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Those are lovely greens and the speculars are spectacular, love irrational lighting :)

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    Welp, today, Significant Otter is leaving for a RPG 'con (I'm not -- in recent years I haven't gotten much out of it, so I'd rather be at home and be productive), and doesn't return until 31st. Until then... HOME ALONE! WOOT! :lol:

I get lonely real quick when I'm home alone :(

edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    Bleh.

*hugs* :)

edited December 1969

I just had a hot pocket. Trying to decide if I want anything else to eat.

I had Arancini, a kind of rice ball, in bolognese sauce for dinner :)

edited December 1969

Jiggerotta has a low frustration tolerance. it's hard to like 790 now, knowing what happens at the end of the series.

Stanley was always losing his head :)

edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    Rezca said:
    Rezca said:
    Rezca said:
    Not being able to sleep is a good thing for me at the moment (At Work.). Just had a cup of Blackberry-Pomegranate green tea to help with that just in case.

Ooooh, that tea sounds nice! I wonder if I can find it around here? :coolsmile:

I think I got mine at Safeway. I also grabbed a bunch of other teas. One whose name I forget... Bengal Spices, Raspberry Zinger, Melon & Dragonfruit, Blackberry Pomegranate, and I think one or two others. I like herbal tea.

Oooh those all sound good! I bet Whole Foods will have those if the local grocery store doesn't.

I need to drink more herbal tea, apparently too much caffeine can affect your blood sugar negatively.. feh. Herbal tea to the rescue!
    The Blackberry Pomegranate green tea I got has caffeine in it though. Not sure how much, but it does. 'Tis why I chose to drink it tonight instead of the spices one ^_^
    ...warm afternoon when I left the workplace. Stopped for a Kiwi Bubble Tea on the way to the transit station before heading home. Very tasty and refreshing.

Wednesday is two.buck fifty pint day at my neighbourhood brew pub, and the Stout is finally back after a long drought (yay!). Well worth the wait though .

Listening to the Beatles while tipping a pint or two.

Beatles were on the radio all afternoon, must be an anniversary or something :)

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

I don't, and I do enjoy time alone. So, woot! (He left 20 minutes ago. Wished 'im happy con-going and all.)

edited July 2012

Skiriki said:
    ps1borg said:

I don't, and I do enjoy time alone. So, woot! (He left 20 minutes ago. Wished 'im happy con-going and all.)

I have my dragon and dinosaur plushes to keep me company. Plus my cat. (I also have a very large shark puppet with an om-nomming mouth you can reach inside :3 ).
    They aren't very talkative, but they're good listeners. Except for my cat, who is very talkative (Especially when I get home) but isn't much of a listener.
    I *wish* they'd talk, but I figure if they did that'd be a sign I was going insane ^_^

Post edited by Rezca on
    edited December 1969

Everything in the world has a story or two to tell :)

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    Bleh.

{{{{{Rezca }}}}}

edited December 1969

Thursday Morning, and it's PAYDAY! However.. complaints anyway!

- 99% of the money is already spent
    - $110 is for anti-fungal pills, $100 for bandages wrappings etc.
    - I might have $30 for 3D stuff
    - Foot is STILL sore dang it all!
    - Hot and humid today, blech
    - Running out of tissues
    - Sleeping too much (I know, weird complaint, but there it is)
    - Need more coffee but not enough time to make it
    - Runtime reorganization will take weeks
    - Have to put new laptop off for a few weeks to get backup drive and PPro 2012 upgrade
    - Comic script writing is very different than writing serials/short stories/novels, there's a learning curve
    - My nose will NOT stop itching

Non-complaints:

- Some 3D money left despite it all
    - All bills paid early!
    - Lots of spare time to work on things
    - The office coffee isn't half bad
    - Two more days till the weekend!
    - No heavy shopping this weekend so I can stay home and work on TVC
    - Will build Scylla this weekend! Finally!
    - Putting the new laptop off means I can get a more powerful one

I'm going to use the laptop for ePublishing, writing, Web surfing, watching video, and music production so a high-end i3 or mid-range i5 should be WAY more than enough, I just need 8GB of RAM for those surround sound audio files.

Time to pack up for work! Gotta fill my insulated lunch bucket with friendly foods.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited July 2012

my voice is down to a whisper, was regurgitating last night. i had a lil bit of pineapple juice, tummy couldn't handle it.
    i'm still on the phones at day job and i have to page people for their calls with icky voice.
    i don't want them to send me home, can't afford another unpaid vacation.
    what if that heat wave made new bacterias in the tap water?
    treated myself to a taxi to the bus stop this morning. splurge

have to catalog pin blocks today, but i no knows the difference. the boxes for the punch down tools are empty.

was up early this morning. tried to make camping tent shadows in poser. can't get it to work.

why do browser makers keep moving the home and reload buttons ...

Post edited by Mistara on
    edited July 2012

*hugs* Go see a Doctor Misty

Post edited by ps1borg on
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    *hugs* Go see a Doctor Misty

thanks.
    no haz the energy.
    gonna try the bed rest and vegetarian miso soup therapy this weekend. if i still can't eat, might have to try the emergency room.

edited December 1969

my voice is down to a whisper, was regurgitating last night. i had a lil bit of pineapple juice, tummy couldn't handle it.
    i'm still on the phones at day job and i have to page people for their calls with icky voice.
    i don't want them to send me home, can't afford another unpaid vacation.
    what if that heat wave made new bacterias in the tap water?
    treated myself to a taxi to the bus stop this morning. splurge

have to catalog pin blocks today, but i no knows the difference. the boxes for the punch down tools are empty.

was up early this morning. tried to make camping tent shadows in poser. can't get it to work.

why do browser makers keep moving the home and reload buttons ...

Get better SOONEST!!!! {{{{{ Misty }}}}}

edited December 1969

High on my wishlist as she's going to make a great dark Lord of Karma:

http://www.runtimedna.com/Souleater.html?quantity=1

Me wants NOW! :vampire:

edited December 1969

Thread dead. :down:

Pricing laptops - the ones I want cost about the same as building a second small-form-factor machine, so I'm kind of debating going ahead and building a strong i3-based box for ePubloishing/writing/Web surfing/video watching/chat/music production. I can get a 35W i3 dual-core that'll take 8GB of RAM that would make a killer low-power-consumption music production machine/everything else box for about $700 in parts (including Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit). The only bother is the long wait for parts and having to build Yet Another Computer, when the laptop would just be "go out and buy it". An i3 Ivy Bridge would be good enough to play my games on as well...

Too much to think about! The other option is to replace the hard drive in the Asus machine, only play Web-based games, and move all my music off the computer (I'd go back to playing guitar).. which is REALLY tempting.

Third option is to move the games over to the new 3D machine as well since it's seriously p1mping.. but that means putting Steam on it, and that's going to clutter the HD and RAM with non-production software, which I find aesthetically displeasing.

Ehh, I have 3 weeks to worry about it, no point in fussing until I have the money.

edited December 1969

No, just having a lunchbreak. *burp* Yeah, midnight, and I'm eating lunch. Or... lunch-able items. Never mind that they're kinda separate. It totally counts as a sammich if you eat deli meat, tomatoes, salad, and other things separately?

edited December 1969

squeak squeak whisp whisp .. busss

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    No, just having a lunchbreak. *burp* Yeah, midnight, and I'm eating lunch. Or... lunch-able items. Never mind that they're kinda separate. It totally counts as a sammich if you eat deli meat, tomatoes, salad, and other things separately?

I think that, since it all ends up in your stomach anyway, it qualifies! It's the same as ordering a sandwich and eating the ingredients separately (which I do sometimes). :coolsmile:

One hour until go-home time, wheeeeeeee! Can't wait to go home and COOK I'm going to fix a mess of Chipotle Blank Beans! :bug:

edited December 1969

I think that, since it all ends up in your stomach anyway, it qualifies! It's the same as ordering a sandwich and eating the ingredients separately (which I do sometimes). :coolsmile:

*burp* I did that, and then I went and made a real sammich. Durn SO, who left behind half a pound of deli turkey for me to gobble up; it needs to be eaten by Saturday, and I don't like deli turkey that much. Well... a liberal application of mayo and other things made it easier to go down.

One hour until go-home time, wheeeeeeee! Can't wait to go home and COOK I'm going to fix a mess of Chipotle Blank Beans! :bug:

Yummmmmmm.

edited December 1969

For what it's worth, DS 4.5 RC3 is out.. downloading it now to give it a run tonight.

I was modestly happy with RC2 except for a couple of hiccups, and RC3 has a pile of fixes, so we'll see how it works out.

It'll keep me off the streets and out of the strip clubs! :snake:

edited December 1969

I'm currently using it, installed it some two hours ago and doing renders.

Assuming I am not suffering from some form of "new and shiny" bias, it seems to render faster and respond faster as well. I had a small hiccup with something -- but I can't say for sure that the fault is in DS, or if it was in something else (I'm working on some testing stuff now). But... should you happen to run into a situation where UV sets fail to load, check out that the UV set's name is capitalized *exactly* as the file calls it. So... if your file is looking for Default.dsf, and it is named default.dsf instead, rename the file to Default.dsf and try again.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,265
    edited December 1969

Rendering should be a bit faster, thanks to the updated 3Delight. But note, if you haven't, that you will need to reset and redownload some shaders so that they will recompile for the new version of 3Delight.

This discussion has been closed.