alpha only image series

WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,667
edited February 2014 in Carrara Discussion

I need a matching opacity channel video not image series with alpha for another program, iClone that does not support animated image series.
it needs two avi or other video files one diffuse one opacity mask
Carrara beautifully simultaneously renders me alpha images to accompany my image series but they are NEGATIVE!!!!!
I need white figures on a black backgound!!
is there a way to get it to do the reverse?
none of my video editing programs do negative
yes I know irfanview does but I need this for COMMMERCIAL USE as monetizing on youtube if I can.
and 1000+ frames crashes GIMP as layers so forget THAT idea!
is a simple but perplexing problem!
only way I have done it before is a white shaded figure no shadows on a black background RE-RENDERED again!

at the moment I am trying the png diffuse image series in cinegobs keyer but I want transmapped planes in a scene not a chromakey
doing it in carrara not an option as I am using iClone locked content

two_Background000.png
1920 x 1080 - 28K
two000.png
1920 x 1080 - 743K
Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

Comments

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

I need a matching opacity channel video not image series with alpha for another program, iClone that does not support animated image series.
    it needs two avi or other video files one diffuse one opacity mask
    Carrara beautifully simultaneously renders me alpha images to accompany my image series but they are NEGATIVE!!!!!
    I need white figures on a black backgound!!
    is there a way to get it to do the reverse?
    none of my video editing programs do negative
    yes I know irfanview does but I need this for COMMMERCIAL USE as monetizing on youtube if I can.
    and 1000+ frames crashes GIMP as layers so forget THAT idea!
    is a simple but perplexing problem!
    only way I have done it before is a white shaded figure no shadows on a black background RE-RENDERED again!

at the moment I am trying the png diffuse image series in cinegobs keyer but I want transmapped planes in a scene not a chromakey
    doing it in carrara not an option as I am using iClone locked content

GIMP can't convert a batch of images from an image sequence? If it can only handle a certain number of images, you could break the amount up and do the first couple hundred, then the next couple hundred, etc.

Another possibility is Quicktime Pro. It is only $30.00 US and can convert to negative with one of its video filters called X-Ray. Ifd you're trying to monetize your videos, then the old adage may apply: you have to spend money to make money. ;-)

Picture_1.png
    687 x 576 - 77K
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,667
    edited December 1969

Thx was afraid of that
    yes I am being cheap
    most PAID video editors would indeed do it!

• d-j-od-j-o Posts: 345
    edited December 1969

Find an old version of Vegas Video, they don't run that much and allow alpha channels. My version #3 did it.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

Imagemagick would do it, but since it is mostly a command line utility figuring out the commands would be a bit of a headache...unless you can find a script for it

• wetcircuitwetcircuit Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Did you grab HitFilm Express while it was free? It has an INVERT filter.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,667
    edited December 1969

yes and not looked at it!
    good to know!
    thumbs up Holly!

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

yes and not looked at it!
    good to know!
    thumbs up Holly!

Free is good, but if you're monetizing your videos, you could write off the expense of your software a business expense. ;-)

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,099
    edited December 1969

I'm sorry I missed this...
    With Carrara, you can save as an sequenced image file, do your edits in whatever software, even running it back through Carrara, using any of its features, via the backdrop. Once your edits are finished, open the finished result in the render room and save it as your avi or whatever format you want.

Carrara can convert any of its outputs to any of the other outputs - the one exception that I know of being an animated gif, which is a one way street, as Carrara won't open the resulting gif. But avi to image sequence, and the other way around works fine - at least in full frames mode it does, which is what I use for renders.