Morphing dials not working ?

Comments

• MarcuseMarcuse Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

This is what I can't understand as I've just downloaded a completely new package for the third time, yet the very first one went in just fine....??

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

When you uninstall/reinstall DAZ Studio it doesn't erase your settings or your content, only the application itself and the content that comes with it.

edited July 2012

Suddenly remembered I'm using Firefox does that make any difference ?

Edit: nearly midnight now - hope we're getting closer and thanks for all your help....

Post edited by Marcuse on
    edited December 1969

Marcuse said:
    Suddenly remembered I'm using Firefox does that make any difference ?

Edit: nearly midnight now - hope we're getting closer and thanks for all your help....

No, no difference.

edited December 1969

Hi I've tried downloading several times but still can't get the correct format only the one in my last pic, often without the library now.

What's happening is it just me or is there a problem anyway as having bought several items I really need to continue ....????

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,870
    edited December 1969

Your last picture shows the right files in the wrong place, so I'm not sure what you mean - if you are trying to reinstall V4, just make sure you point the installer to the My Library folder.

edited July 2012

Hi If you could refer back a few posts this below is where things finished up on the 4th and I'm still having the same problems unfortunately. There still is no “My Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library” folder for some reason....????

fixmypcmike

Posted: 04 July 2012 09:59 PM [ Report ] [ Ignore ] [ # 60 ]
    Administrator
    RankRank
    Total Posts: 924
    Joined 2007-11-06

Most of the folders that are currently under “My Documents\DAZ 3D” should be under “My Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library”: People, ReadMe’s, and Runtime, at the very least. And there’s no Data folder, which should also be under “My Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library”

Post edited by Marcuse on
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Marcuse my I ask a few questions?

What type of PC are you using?
    What is your Operating System, is it XP is it Win 7
    Is your PC a 32 bit or a 64 Bit system?
    What version of DS are you using?

MOST importantly DID you do a Standard install of DS or did you do a Custom Install?

From what I'm seeing things are way off what they should be. We really need more information to solve this.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,870
    edited December 1969

What folders do you have listed in the Content Directory Manager? Last time you posted it was the My Library folder - if it isn't on the disc but is selected as the active folder then that will certainly cause problems.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    Marcuse my I ask a few questions?

What type of PC are you using?
    What is your Operating System, is it XP is it Win 7
    Is your PC a 32 bit or a 64 Bit system?
    What version of DS are you using?

MOST importantly DID you do a Standard install of DS or did you do a Custom Install?

From what I'm seeing things are way off what they should be. We really need more information to solve this.

Hi thanks and hope you're feeling better....

Windows XP home. 32 bit. The latest 4.03.4.7. Win. Bundle Zip and Standard Install.as I wouldn't know where otherwise....

edited December 1969

What folders do you have listed in the Content Directory Manager? Last time you posted it was the My Library folder - if it isn't on the disc but is selected as the active folder then that will certainly cause problems.

I can never find a Content Directory Manager each time I've uploaded nor a "xxxx My Library either ??

edited December 1969

Content Directory Manager is in EDIT > PREFERANCES. At the top Pick Content Library then at the bottom pick Content Directory Manager.

When it opens Expand all the Pluses for us and then do a Image Snapshot and post it.

edited December 1969

Ok thanks I'll have to reload again so take a few minutes. Also these are the four programmes in the pic I keep downloading but go wrong....??

The_4_downloaded_programmes.JPG
    839 x 244 - 55K
    edited December 1969

You should not need to redownload those files over and over. I think you have a install issue. Just install DS and use the default install settings.

After that it is just the content we need to deal with, leave Daz Studio 4Pro installed. Do not remove it unless you are asked to.

edited December 1969

OK ....

Content_directory.JPG
    714 x 594 - 55K
    edited December 1969

Okay. We are one step closer. I see that DS is looking for all the content in the Default My Library Folder.

If you open your My Documents folder do you have this?

DAZ 3D inside it Studio inside it My Library.

edited December 1969

Can't see anything - see pic below....

My_Documents.JPG
    859 x 306 - 28K
    edited December 1969

Re-install DS4 (don't need to re-download, just run the installer you have. When it asks where to install the application and the content, make sure the CONTENT is being installed to "My Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library". Whenever you install ANY content, use that install location.

edited December 1969

One step at a time....nothing about Daz Studio here ?

Install_to_location.JPG
    925 x 620 - 112K
    edited July 2012

At Install, Click on the listed path. You can then read the FULL path it has listed with your arrow left and right keys.

It Should read: C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library

If it does not Put that in the path before you tell it NEXT.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

Is this not the Install then ?

edited July 2012

Please do as I asked and check that what I posted is in the install path if not put it in the install path. I think you may have installed wrong before. We are trying to fix that problem. Then we can fix your content after we have a Proper content install path. Untill then we are at a stand still, we can not get any farther.

Post edited by Jaderail on
    edited December 1969

Yes I understand that but is this the page you're talking about or another one ahead ?

edited December 1969

Your Last image. It does not show the full path. We need the FULL path to say EXACTLY what I said in my Path Post.

edited December 1969

Thank you. I understood all the time what you were saying but had to make sure which page you were referring to avoid any misunderstandings, and for the record this was the original path....

Install_to_location_1.JPG
    814 x 551 - 72K
    edited December 1969

That is not what we need. PLEASE Type into that Box the Path I posted above. It is the PATH we need to fix your Problem. Just put my path in that box and then Click Next. That will fix part of your problem. I am trying to help you, if you do not do what I'm asking you to do we can not fix this. I know it may not sound right to you but I know it needs to be done.

Also please tell us your native Language. We may have someone who can help you in your language.

edited December 1969

That's just extracting the installer out of the .zip archive. After you extract the files from the .zip, double-click on DAZStudio_4.0.3.47_Win32.exe -- that's the installer.

edited December 1969

That was just pointed out to me.

I have to leave now. Sorry I can not stay but I have a early medical treatment tomorrow. I will not be posting again untill after 10am USA time.

Marcuse I will not stop untill we have you fixed or you give up. Please do not give up. I know you are upset at this point but it can be fixed.
    I want you to enjoy 3D as much as I do.

See you tomorrow.

edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    That is not what we need. PLEASE Type into that Box the Path I posted above. It is the PATH we need to fix your Problem. Just put my path in that box and then Click Next. That will fix part of your problem. I am trying to help you, if you do not do what I'm asking you to do we can not fix this. I know it may not sound right to you but I know it needs to be done.

Also please tell us your native Language. We may have someone who can help you in your language.

Managed to get this far as per the pic. below....

Jaderail.

I'm afraid it is not a question of language, being upset or the depth of one's technical knowledge or skills etc. they are all completely irrelevant to what is happening now. Please listen. It is solely a matter of trying to put yourself into a beginner's shoes, especially those who are not technically minded like myself. Going back to the time when you too were trying to learn something new and difficult and remembering what it was all like then and to start from there. Trying then to see everything if you can from the student's angle, never ever from your experienced one so as to avoid falling into the age old trap of assuming everyone knows what you mean already. It's not easy to begin with but given time you'll find it will come.

Remember "never ever assume" ? Perhaps this is something you are already familiar with because if so with respect I think you are unconsciously doing it now. I think if you were to stop for a few moments to give some thought to this first, I'm sure you would then find it of even greater help in your generous offer to help introduce new students to Daz. Being a volunteer myself for a couple of local charities I know I certainly appreciate all Daz's volunteers' help too, this is because my main hobby being an amateur artist is freehand pencil work and why as I feel I'm getting there slowly thank you, I'm prepared to give Daz a fair trial to see if it can help improve my techniques.

Incidentally I'm 67 and for the record I've been a Research Professor at an English University for over 12 years and more than used to dealing with students who need to grasp the basics of most things. However on further reflection you might perhaps be right about native language as being English born and bred I can only speak English, so naturally I would be more than fascinated to know how and in what ways this new knowledge will help you....

Install_to_location.JPG
    705 x 621 - 36K
  • niccipbniccipb Posts: 483
    edited July 2012

Hi Marcuse... sorry I haven't been able to help this last week, been really busy at work because of the mid-week holiday, but it's the weekend so I can help out now.

Okay...in this last screen grab I can see a few problems, let's take them one at a time...

1- The DAZ People folder that's highlighted needs to be directly under the Character folder. Just drag and drop it there.

2- The DAZ Victoria 4 folder should be in the Pose folder, not the Character folder. Just drag and drop into the Pose folder.

Also I see a second runtime folder listed under the Libraries folder. Could you expand that and post a screen grab? It really shouldn't be there, but I would like to know what is in it before doing anything with it.

ETA: There is also a V4 and Victoria 4 folder in the DAZ Victoria 4 folder, could you post grabs of what's in those as well because I don't recognize those.

Post edited by niccipb on