Now Available, DAZ Studio Pro BETA (4.6.2.23)!

124»

Comments

• RodrakRodrak Posts: 81
    edited December 1969

How backward compatible is DS4.6 in regard to material settings? Today I've bought an old nybras product "Bone Demon" by RawArt and it comes with a set of very old .dsb DS mats. These do absolutely nothing at all when I click on them (nybras is selected), log shows "Script executed successfully." After unpacking one, it looks like DS1 or DS2 file (all properties set with setMappedPropertyKeys & setPropertyKeys, there are no shader name entries etc.) It's not a big deal, I simply started DS3 (works fine there) and resaved as .dsa. Is it a bug or DS4.6 simply cannot use such old studio mats? Or maybe it's just me/my config and these work fine for everyone else?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,863
    edited December 1969

I'm not aware that there's an issue, though I haven't recently and knowingly used any older material files to be sure. It may be worth a bug report, even though you've resolved the issue for yourself - if nothing else, they may want to update the versions for download with .dsa presets.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

Incidentally, is Bone Demon the only Nybras product that actually has D|S materials? I was looking through my content to collect together all the Nybras files and couldn't find any. Or maybe I was getting confused with Demonecornuto, which has old D|S files that don't work very well (especially the ones for Demone Hall).

edited October 2013

Incidentally, is Bone Demon the only Nybras product that actually has D|S materials? I was looking through my content to collect together all the Nybras files and couldn't find any. Or maybe I was getting confused with Demonecornuto, which has old D|S files that don't work very well (especially the ones for Demone Hall).

Well... "Purely Wicked Morphs for the Demon" have DS mats for the pitchfork :lol:

But this is actually getting interesting. DS mats for the pitchfork are also .dsb and as old as Bone Demon's (it's DS1 version - I compared some to DS2 .ds files and they are older) yet they apply properly.

After testing a bit more it seems I have to select hip bone in the scene tab (and not the main figure) and then apply .dsb mats to make it work. Mats converted to .dsa apply properly if the main figure is selected.

Post edited by Rodrak on
    edited December 1969

I wonder if the script is using item.className() == "DzSkeleton", rather than doing an item.inherits( "DzSkeleton" ), to check for figures as the selection? If so it would fail as DzSkeleton now has two sub-classes, one for legacy figures and one for TriAx figures. The bones, like the hip, are still DzBone however so that should work as before.

edited December 1969

I wonder if the script is using item.className() == "DzSkeleton", rather than doing an item.inherits( "DzSkeleton" ), to check for figures as the selection? If so it would fail as DzSkeleton now has two sub-classes, one for legacy figures and one for TriAx figures. The bones, like the hip, are still DzBone however so that should work as before.

You are right, the code in CollectNodes:

for( var n = 0; n < nNodes; n++ ){
       var oNode = bSelected ? Scene.getSelectedNode( n ) : Scene.getNode( n );
       switch( oNode.className() ){
        case "DzBone" :
         if( bFromRoot ){ oNode = oNode.getSkeleton(); }
         else if( bRecurse ){
          var oTopNode = oNode;
          while( oTopNode.className() != "DzSkeleton" ){
           oTopNode = oTopNode.getNodeParent();
           if( oTopNode.isSelected() ){ oNode = oTopNode; }
          }
         }
         if( oNode == undefined ){ break; }
        case "DzSkeleton" :
        case "DzNode" :
         aRootNodes = addToArray( aRootNodes, oNode );
         break;
        default :
         break;
       }
      }

I guess that means all old products with such ancient ds mats should be updated... Workarounds are easy enough though.
    edited December 1969

Rodrak said:
    I guess that means all old products with such ancient ds mats should be updated... Workarounds are easy enough though.

Does anyone know if that's what happens when I pull the MAT into the IDE and it immediately prompts me to re-save in a non-obsolete format? I've done that in a few old MAT sets, but I'm not entirely sure if they all worked properly.
    edited December 1969

No, that's telling you to save in .dsa or the like - the scripting language gets converted. This is a problem with the objects/classes which aren't converted.

edited December 1969

So the best solution would be to bug-report anything affected by this, so the old scripts can be converted properly into the modern format? (I've got a nasty feeling that's going to be a lot of bug reports...)

edited December 1969

Probably, yes. I would think it might be worth creating a fix script that would take a script and make edits to it, though of course the result would still need testing as it would probably fail with customised presets.

• patience55patience55 Posts: 7,006
    edited December 1969

Okay ... i downloaded/installed, well it installed itself, the DIM ... applause ... okay DIM downloaded and installed this beta "someplace" ... the one question I wanted to know an answer for apparently doesn't show up at all in this beta so ...

Will the Decimator Plugin I bought which works only in the last public release ... is it going to work in this version or whichever version is the next release? is it 'normal' for plugins to not show up in the betas?

tia

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Okay ... i downloaded/installed, well it installed itself, the DIM ... applause ... okay DIM downloaded and installed this beta "someplace" ... the one question I wanted to know an answer for apparently doesn't show up at all in this beta so ...

Will the Decimator Plugin I bought which works only in the last public release ... is it going to work in this version or whichever version is the next release? is it 'normal' for plugins to not show up in the betas?

tia

I've got a separate download on DIM for the release and the beta (it's labeled "Public Build")

edited December 1969

tia

I've got a separate download on DIM for the release and the beta (it's labeled "Public Build")

Thank you ... took another look and yes! :-)

• Virtual MediaVirtual Media Posts: 85
    edited December 1969

Is GOZ not yet working with this build?

Seen a post by Richard H mentioning that GOZ wasn't working properly in the latest general release, and that it might be in the latest beta. I installed this beta, reinstalled the GOZ plugin, DS shows the GOZ is active. DS ports it over to ZBrush 4r6 but only brings it back a new object.

Tried using Morph Loader pro as well and it won't load it, says geometry has changed?

Any thoughts..

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

GoZ works fine. No worries there.

edited November 2013

Shader Baker Borked :-(

Loaded Genesis, applied the basic male no gen texture, added lights, etc ...

The place to put the information for where to put the baked images does not fill in the typing box, one cannot type in the typing box ...
    But then it doesn't save out the images either.

Claimed to render them, then quickly ran through a bunch of nonsense script about the .tdk {think that's what it was} ... and S.B. render box crashed. {not the program, just the render thing ... no images were saved}

Was trying to use this because this is also borked in the latest 4.6 general release ... which also claimed something silly about trying to open {no-existent} .tiff files? THAT I have attached the start of the message for ... the rest of it flew by too fast to catch. It's a bit of a puzzle because i wasn't asking it to make .tiff files but .png files ... did the same for if requesting .jpg files.

W7 64bit

edit to add:

Loading Genesis, that'll bake.
    Manually apply a texture ... that may or not bake.
    Tried several purchased mats ... will not bake.
    Has an issue with pictures ... big issue with that rather awesome list of a Surfaces/Shading Tab.

they_broke_it.png
    374 x 373 - 37K
    Post edited by patience55 on
  • DogzDogz Posts: 896
    edited November 2013

Two things are really annoying me about this release,

1) the new Property editor / hierarchy is confusing. I'm sorry I don't understand where I can find what used to be the left hand pane for property editor - In the notes it says under parameters?, I'm not seeing this, where should I be looking? A screen shot would help a lot :)

2) Relatively minor issue but very irritating none the less. Can some one please tell me where I can assign hotkeys in 4.6? or at least tell me if is there a default hot key for morph loader pro?

Until I can fix/figure out these two issues. I cannot comfortably work with 4.6 :(

Post edited by Dogz on
    edited December 1969

Looking forward to that manual to be released sometime this month!

• ben98120000ben98120000 Posts: 469
    edited November 2013

Dogz said:
    Two things are really annoying me about this release,

1) the new Property editor / hierarchy is confusing. I'm sorry I don't understand where I can find what used to be the left hand pane for property editor - In the notes it says under parameters?, I'm not seeing this, where should I be looking? A screen shot would help a lot :)

2) Relatively minor issue but very irritating none the less. Can some one please tell me where I can assign hotkeys in 4.6? or at least tell me if is there a default hot key for morph loader pro?

Until I can fix/figure out these two issues. I cannot comfortably work with 4.6 :(

1. Click with right mouse button on parameters tab and activate edit mode.
    2. Window - Workspace - Customize
    Post edited by ben98120000 on
  • Virtual MediaVirtual Media Posts: 85
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:

Really, how??? I've tried everything I can think of and can't get this to work. Studio Reinstalls, GoZ re-intalls, clearing ZBrush cache, forced re-installs..

btw I meant to say in the earlier post that DS says the topology has changed, even if I make no modifications to the model.

I would be happy just to getting morph loader pro to work for now but it says gemoetry doesn't match.

Any help would be greatly appreciated I'm DESPERATE!

Thanks

• jestmartjestmart Posts: 4,449
    edited December 1969

If this is with Genesis or G2F are setting Sub-d back to Base?

• RAMWolffRAMWolff Posts: 10,146
    edited December 1969

RAMWolff said:

Really, how??? I've tried everything I can think of and can't get this to work. Studio Reinstalls, GoZ re-intalls, clearing ZBrush cache, forced re-installs..

btw I meant to say in the earlier post that DS says the topology has changed, even if I make no modifications to the model.

I would be happy just to getting morph loader pro to work for now but it says gemoetry doesn't match.

Any help would be greatly appreciated I'm DESPERATE!

Thanks

Write out your exact export settings.

All I do is make sure the figure is in the default T position and click the icon. There should be two options, 1) Export current sub division (if not it's exported at the lowest, which it should ALWAYS be exported at the lowest sub division) 2) Export with deformations. If I'm working on a body morph of course I want the deformations from a previous morph I made to be included in the export. If it's a DAZ or other deformations made by others then NO you should have that box unchecked.

Make sure once your in ZBrush to expand the Geometry panel in the Tools and uncheck the Smoothing button if your going to export directly from ZBrush. If your using the GoZ bridge exclusively then that shouldn't matter as alls that's being sent back is the new morph info.

Other than that GoZ works for me just fine.

If you've tried uninstalling and reinstalling GoZ and having ZBrush reestablish links through the Prefs area I'm not sure what else to suggest.

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,666
    edited November 2013

SimonJM said:
    RAMWolff said:
    So is there a way to tell MLP to split morphs on a figure?...

Oh gods, shoot me. Shoot me now. I read MLP as My Little Pony ... ;)

I remember Molly, Megan, Danny, Fizzy, Gusty and Surprise. I think have the entire DVD collection from the 1980s.

On a more serious note I will try the new beta after I install more RAM in my computer.

my_little_pony.jpg
    288 x 216 - 21K
    Post edited by starionwolf on
  • bohemian3bohemian3 Posts: 1,028
    edited December 1969

Change to Beta Ctl+s functionality ?

In the current release of DAZ when I hit ctl+s I don't get prompted for the file name which is the way it is in almost all software packages I use. This was especially essential with no autosave feature in DAZ as I had to always be mindful of ctl+s-ing when I was on a creative roll, not my preferred way of working.

With the beta version I am constantly being prompted for a file name now when I hit ctl+s. I looked through all the preferences and I can't find a way to change this. Personally I consider this a very non-standard way of using that functionality. Again, most software has a different function key combo if you want to save to a new name.

Am I missing a customization option somewhere? Is there a script out there that overrides this functionality that I can assign to ctl+s - save with no prompt?

Thanks all!

Also - I did have to reinstall omnifreaker's uberspot and uberpoint to get them to work in the new beta release. Not sure if anyone else ran into this.

• ben98120000ben98120000 Posts: 469
    edited December 1969

Err, I think you have to fill Author name in Edit - Preferences - General menu. Otherwise DS always asks for authors name when you save.

• bohemian3bohemian3 Posts: 1,028
    edited December 1969

Err, I think you have to fill Author name in Edit - Preferences - General menu. Otherwise DS always asks for authors name when you save.

Your genius. Thanks. Not the most intuitive thing.
    Also, you need to close and open DAZ for this to take effect.
    Thanks again.
  • SotoSoto Posts: 1,437
    edited December 1969

Weird, but ERC Freeze stuff is not saved, I have to close the scene, do the ERC again in a new one and save. Only after this second attempt does it saves the control.
    Or I'm doing something wrong.