Skipper's Berth

Comments

• skipper25skipper25 Posts: 0
    edited May 2013

I fear that the fell hand of real life has struck again and Trafalgar Square and other goodies will not be available until after 14th. However as consolation I have uploaded a freebie of one of the fountains in this famous square. (See pic.)

Get it at Link Removed

Yeah - I know - but that is the address that I copied from the address bar. Hope it works. Whatever happened to ShareCG's old system? Whenever you uploaded, you got a fairly simple number, but that seems to have gone by the board.

Anyway, have fun.

Fountain.jpg
    790 x 556 - 75K
    Post edited by Chohole on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited May 2013

Nope Skipper, that link is not working. Takes me to an upload screen. I removed it for safety.

Try this one, until you find a better one.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/69489/gallery/5/3D-Model/London-Fountain

• Alisa Uh-LisaAlisa Uh-Lisa Posts: 1,308
    edited December 1969

That one works - thanks so much :)

edited December 1969

Thanks Chohole. I guess that it would be better if I rubbed the sleep out of eyes before posting. (Slaps wrist.) Ouch.

edited December 1969

LOL. I could lend you my 2 young cats for a while. They have this endearing habit of waking one up at suitably early hours, thus allowing one to get oneself fully assembled and reading the world before one needs to log on to the internet.

If all else fails, clambering to the top a a wardrobe and then launching onto the bed as if it was a trampoline is a foolproof way of making sure humans are awake enough to understand that it is time to get up and feed the cats and brew the first cup of whichever beverage you fancy first thing in the morning.

If they time it right it is before the heating clock clicks over to start the boiler, so the water in the bathroom is at a nice temperature to fully shock the humans awake, flushing the sleep out of ones eyes very admirably.

edited December 1969

So you have cats as well as a dog? I luuuuuurve cats. I came home one afternoon to find a young princess on my doorstep - elegant, aristocratic, beautiful manners - so of course I invited her in and offered her salmon. She stayed with me for weeks, but although we meshed very well (and who would not?) my lack of mobility plus living on the top floor made for difficulties and I had to find suitable accommodation for her near by. She still visits from time to time.

Once March is past, my body clock wakes me at about 6 am. I stumble into the kitchen, make coffee and drop in front of the computer. Big mistake. If emails are awaiting me, I feel compelled to answer them, but it would be better to make a rule not to do anything definitive until after 10.00.

edited December 1969

Unfortunately we lost our dog. Poor old fellow got a really nasty kidney problem, and was kindest to say goodbye,

He had been determined we wouldn't get another cat when we lost his old best mate Tiggy, who was turned 18.

One of the Ladies from the Vet surgery saw himself in the village, not long after we said goodbye to Fred and mentioned that the local cat refuge lady was looking for homes for some slightly older kittens, so we got in touch, and ended up with these 2 litter sisters, who were 6-7 months old when we got them, some 15 months ago.

Having been almost 20 years since we had kittens around it has been a fun 15 months, with 2 of them chasing around the cottage. lol

edited December 1969

I remember you posting a photo of him with snow up to his tummy. Sorry he's gone.

BTW, I see that you had an earthquake in Wales, but assume that you were too far away to be affected.

edited May 2013

Yes, strange isn't it, I live in Wales and too far away to be affected. My son lives in Ireland, and could have felt it had he been awake at the time (he is in Dublin)

And yes we really miss Freddie, he was such a character, but have no plans to get another dog at the moment, unless we just happen to hear of a 2nd hand dog in need of a good home, and even then it will need to be one who is very very good with cats, as these two are very worried about dogs, run indoors if the local dogs bark when they are out in the garden.

We had the advantage with Fred that he came as a Pup when Tiggy was a young cat, and they just bonded. Ended up with Tiggy teaching Fred how to hunt mice and frogs, both of them chased rabbits, but Fred never learned to climb trees. Tiggy did come for walks with us though.

Tiggy had been bought up by my old collie, so I think he thought he was half a dog anyway.

edited December 1969

That's amusing, Chohole. Which half, I wonder?

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,945
    edited December 1969

skipper25 said:
    That's amusing, Chohole. Which half, I wonder?

Probably not the half that barks ... ;)

I'm in the process of feeding the cats of a friend ... or that probably should be the cats that own my friend! (Dogs have owners, cats have staff) whilst he sojourns in the Carolinas over there across the pond.

edited May 2013

True. True. (About the staff of cats.)

Changing the topic, I was in town today and was struck by the high proportion of middle-aged women who walk around with an expression of disapproval permanently on their faces. They disapprove of men of course, but also of other women, of children, animals, the staff in shops, products on sale - damn, they disapprove of the entire world! I'm glad that I will not wake up in heaven, because if these women are there, they'll still be staring around disapprovingly. "Mrs XY; what's she doing here?" "Look - here's Mr. YZ - twanging his harp at all hours. It shouldn't be allowed!"

I guess that it takes all sorts.

Post edited by skipper25 on
    edited June 2013

Better late than never, I suppose. Still, the fickle finger of fate has at last moved away, my website http://www.skippersmodels.co.uk is revamped and relaunched, new goodies are ready to download, prices have all been reduced and my ickle bruvver is recovering from mental exhaustion. Chief among the newsworthy items is the release of the Trafalgar Square model, while in the freebie section is the re-issue of an old favourite, an inflatable bouncy castle for children. Currently I am working on a model of Tower Bridge and will have something to show in a day or two. Get over there and take a look.

• ElowanElowan Posts: 388
    edited June 2013

Freebies section? Vo ist da? Gid'ye? Where-zit?

Update -- found it! More omega3 plz! And another cuppa!

SAT.

Post edited by Elowan on
    edited June 2013

The freebie section is part of my site, http://www.skippersmodels.co.uk I never wish to forget my roots among the freebie community and will wish ultimately to have twice as many freebies as paid-for.

edited December 1969

Nice to see you back! And thanks for using one of my renders in your scrolling thingy on the main page :)

edited December 1969

Hi Simon. Nice to be back. That scrolling thingy is fun, isn't it? I wasn't sure at first whether to do it or not, but then I thought, "What the hell? Folks work for ages to produce these things and get no airing! They deserve better." Besides, it encourages others.

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

SimonJM said:
    Nice to see you back! And thanks for using one of my renders in your scrolling thingy on the main page :)

same from me - all the best !

• michellecelebriellemichellecelebrielle Posts: 264
    edited December 1969

I have just purchased your Highclere model and can't wait to test it out! Unfortunately my pc is being fixed so will have to wait :p

edited June 2013

Thank you. Oh, what a shame and so very frustrating for you, Mishwash. I hope everything is fixed very soon and that you let us know what you think of the model. Perhaps you will also have downloaded some of the freebies. Er - I'm puzzled. How did you download Highclere if your comp'r is out of action?

• michellecelebriellemichellecelebrielle Posts: 264
    edited December 1969

skipper25 said:
    Thank you. Oh, what a shame and so very frustrating for you, Mishwash. I hope everything is fixed very soon and that you let us know what you think of the model. Perhaps you will also have downloaded some of the freebies. Er - I'm puzzled. How did you download Highclere if your comp'r is out of action?

Lol, sorry for the confusion. I have my own custom pc and that is the one I do my 3D stuff on, I'm currently downloading via the puny family pc.
    When I get mine back and test it out I'll let you know how I get along with Highclere :) I've downloaded some of your freebies before, I have to say I love your library globe :D
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

Yo mate - wanted to thank you for the free stuff

and wish you a Merry Christmas and hope the New Year is the best ever !

• Teresa TylloTeresa Tyllo Posts: 141
    edited December 1969

Happy Holidays to you, Skipper! Stay safe my friend! :)

• ElowanElowan Posts: 388
    edited December 1969

Site closed?:ohh:

edited December 1969

Some day, when I am not so busy, I will post the whole story of the website. In the meantime, thanks for the greetings, everyone. Currently I have a half-finished model of London's Tower Bridge on the stocks, but heaven knows when - if ever - it will get finished, for on January 14 we slip out of Southampton on a voyage around the world. We are due back 9th May. Bye!.....................................
    Happy Xmas everyone.

edited December 1969

Happy Christmas to you too Skipper, If I don't get a chance to talk to you before then I do hope you enjoy your voyage.

edited December 1969

Timing - was about to send you an email to inquire after how you are!
    In fact I will still do so and, hopefully, we can arrange to meet again before you set sail :)

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited December 1969

Bon voyage and Happy Christmas to you, Skipper!

Dana

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

skipper25 said:
    Some day, when I am not so busy, I will post the whole story of the website. In the meantime, thanks for the greetings, everyone. Currently I have a half-finished model of London's Tower Bridge on the stocks, but heaven knows when - if ever - it will get finished, for on January 14 we slip out of Southampton on a voyage around the world. We are due back 9th May. Bye!.....................................
    Happy Xmas everyone.

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year, and enjoy your cruise!