Creating clothing morphs for scaled figures?

DeeceyDeecey Posts: 97

Another "newbie DAZ Rigging" question here.

I'm prepping a product for submission and am in the final stages of trying to clean up auto-generated FBMs. But I'm running across an issue that I quite don't know how to address.  I've seen this appear on morphs that I've created for Monique, Olympia, Stephanie, Teen Josie, Girl, and Sahel (All G8 figures, all seem to have scaled body parts, so I think this problem relates to scaling.

So here's what I do ...

1) Load the freshly-saved to library clothing onto the default Genesis 8. Fit to figure.

2) Dial the desired FBM into Genesis 8. The auto-morph shape is dialed in.

3) Try to GoZ to ZBrush. I have one of two problems quite often. Either not everything in the scene shows up, or the clothing items are translated and/or scaled differently when they are loaded in ZBrush.

4) So for the workaround, I hide everything except the clothing item that I want to export as OBJ.  When I open it up in my modeler, I see that it, too, is translated or scaled differently than in the DS scene. The shape itself is correct, but it might be 105% scale, and raised up. So I position and scale it properly to fit the figure (which has also been exported as a morph).

5) After cleaning up all the morphs that need cleaning up, I then save the clothing morphs in the correct size and position.  I load in a "clean" clothing file from the library, and create the morphs fresh and new (Make Unique) instead of adding deltas to the auto-generated ones.  

6) Then I dial the character in. Now, with my "cleaned up" morph, the clothing again doesn't fit. Because I scaled and repositioned in my modeler, now the clothing is smaller than it should be.

I must be missing something somewhere regarding creating clothing morphs that have scaled body parts. I thought the loaded morph would automatically adjust for the scaling, but it's seeming like that is not happening.

I'm not sure how to attach an image, otherwise I would add one. 8-)

(Image removed due to nudity. Please review guidelines here: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/3279/acceptable-ways-of-handling-nudity#latest  ~Mod)

Post edited by Cris Palomino on

Comments

• DeeceyDeecey Posts: 97

Oh. DUH. There it is LOL

Left: The default outfit.

Center: After adjusting the scaled and translated Monique morph to fit Monique.

Right: After using MLP to create a "Make Unique" morph (since the auto fit ones are not in my clothing I want to use the ones I cleaned up). But because I scaled and positioned the morphs that were exported from DS, it doesn't fit inside DS.

• DeeceyDeecey Posts: 97

Sorry about the image. Didn't realize.

Problem solved. I forgot to have "Reverse Deformations" checked after importing the morphs.