The Poses Rhyming With Roses Complaint Thread

Comments

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited July 2012

In other words dynamics are simulations in which items react to force over time, force being mathematically speaking an attractor http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attractor. Hair and cloth sims use multiple attractors - gravity and wind. Mojoworld uses strange attractors derived from fractional geometry theory ;) The Lorenz attractor makes groovy curves http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorenz_attractor. There are many many variables to be computed in a dynamic simulation, which accounts for the insane calculation times even with modern multiprocessor platforms . A decent hires fluid sim will take days to render, multiple forces suck up an outrageous amount of ram.

Post edited by ps1borg on
    edited December 1969

Oh noes thread.Death() ;(

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,391
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

Nah I just haven't been finding many opportunities to post.
    Also WorldMachine looks tasty:

QuadSpinner_Mesa_Mastery__Erosion_Software_112_4_img.jpg
    600 x 375 - 106K
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

it's Tuesday.

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:

Naah, we lost 2 of our 3 A/C units last night so I stayed off the laptop. Landlady has an electrician coming in today to look into it.

Hot n muggy, feh.

edited December 1969

Tomorrow is a holiday and I'm going to spend it all rendering and cooking chicken! W00t!

Should only be 95f today, and overcast. I have to shop on the way home since the stores will all be closed (except for the 7-11, but that's only good for emergency supplies and beer).

Meeting Day, blech. First one is in 10 minutes, then before lunch, then mid-afternoon. Urgh.

Have a good day everyone! :coolsmile:

edited December 1969

Beer is an emergency supply :lol:

i'm rethinking naming Samson, Samson. according to this ancient thingee they found, Samson tied torches to foxes tails. that's animal cruelty.
    http://news.yahoo.com/ancient-mosaic-depicting-fiery-bible-story-discovered-163828071.html

waiting on the morning coffee truck. today is a double gatorade day.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,383
    edited December 1969

You got that right.

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

*melts all over the thread*

Gahhh. And now I have my left elbow in a brace.

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:

You got that right.

It's the 4th. of July.. your barbecue is almost done.. but.. YOU'RE OUT OF BEER!!! What do do, what to do?!?!? :grrr:

The 7-11 is ALWAYS open, and the local one has as god a beer selection as the grocery store! :coolsmile:

Disaster averted! Enjoy the holiday! :-)

edited December 1969

Skiriki said:
    *melts all over the thread*

Gahhh. And now I have my left elbow in a brace.

Oh geesh, poor you! I hope it cools down AND you get better as soon as possible! :)

• SkirikiSkiriki Posts: 4,975
    edited December 1969

It is the combo that is really killing me. Hot, and then there's the brace. Which needs a rewrap in an hour or so, and I gotta pester SO to help with it, 'cause I can't do it one-handed.

edited December 1969

Hmm, World Machine looks pretty good. I wonder how it compares to Vue and Carrara?

Might have to give the free edition a try. :)

edited December 1969

the ice cream truck didn't come by today. :(

edited July 2012

@Wist: geesh, and in the Summer too? What the heck?

2-1/2 hours until I can leave! then grocery shopping (beer, chicken thighs, teriyaki sauce, crushed ginger, SriRacha sauce) and home! I'm making DRAGON THIGHS for dinner tomorrow night! :snake:

Slow day - lots of folks taking off early, and even more out Thursday and Friday. I'll be working, since no workee means no mayyyy-e.

Due to the dryness, they're temporarily banned certain kinds of fireworks from sale. It's not horrible but it's not all that safe, either. And we *don't* need more fires!!

Ice cream sounds good - wonder if they make sugar-free? I'll check at the grocery store!

*edit* Been reading up on PPro 2010's AO and IBL.. so cool! More to play with! :)

Post edited by Woolyloach on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,383
    edited December 1969

I'm going to a family cook out tomorrow so I got out of cooking for once.

edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    I'm going to a family cook out tomorrow so I got out of cooking for once.

Nice! A chance to chill out and chow down? :coolsmile:

edited December 1969

World Machine on it's own isn't much - great terrains but very barren. The pic I posted was a person going over how to make the most out of both Vue and WM by making a procedural terrain in Vue, exporting it into WM, eroding it with WM's superior-to-Vue's erosion abilities, then re-importing the final result into Vue.
    So I'd say it doesn't much compare to, but more is designed as a companion to.

edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    World Machine on it's own isn't much - great terrains but very barren. The pic I posted was a person going over how to make the most out of both Vue and WM by making a procedural terrain in Vue, exporting it into WM, eroding it with WM's superior-to-Vue's erosion abilities, then re-importing the final result into Vue.
    So I'd say it doesn't much compare to, but more is designed as a companion to.

Ok, that makes sense.. looks like a great tool for generating detailed height maps.

45 more minutes until it's time to goooooooooooooooo!

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,703
    edited December 1969

people say they want ice cream? *puts out several half gallon buckets of ice cream

I even have cupcakes. I am putting some pizza bites into the oven now.

Tomorrow there are hot dogs and macaroni and cheese.

edited December 1969

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jva0NDlT_wk
    That video. If only it were in higher quality. But those lizard are just so damn cute! and big :3
    They don't even pay attention to the feeding dish but really want to be around that guy.
    I think its pretty cool and unusual to see such behaviour from reptiles.
    And a pic that was inspired by it (And really, they were climbing all over him. And apparently it was late summer and really hot, so no they were not cold.)

tegu_love_by_culpeo_fox-d3adcnz.jpg
    600 x 428 - 243K
    edited December 1969

Morning. Haz some Sun this morning, shining and splashing like icing over winter brown and gold. Still a bit chilly :)

edited December 1969

Is July 4 here. Happy Bday USA ;)

edited December 1969

I went to the grocery store and bought bunch of food. I forgot to get bottled water. Maybe in a bit I can go to the nearest Food Lion and pick up a case of water. I have to check their hours.

I did manage to get a bunch of cans of sodas though.

edited December 1969

*waves* Now I'm at work it is even sunnier outside ;)

edited December 1969

The eel-like monster from Disney's Hercules. I liked this (big) guy - he was cute.

eel-monster550.jpg
    550 x 500 - 24K
    edited December 1969

http://thazumi.deviantart.com/art/Dragon-Fight-Animation-198144907
    I found this to be very cute and funny. Wyvern uses his wings like a shield then kicks the other dragon in the face XD

edited July 2012

i iz home :)

home with a toblerone. there's somethin about swiss chocolate, yumma

the toonimal chameleon is pretty kewl cuz his tail curls. i know it's something to do with ERCs, but is still mysterious.

Post edited by Mistara on
    edited December 1969

I am back from my second trip to a grocery store today. I forgot to get bottle water in the first trip so I got it in the second trip. I also got some bbq boneless wings which are good once warmed up. great that one is still cold, better go back to the microwave for a bit.

edited December 1969

I cannot drink a can of diet cheerwine right now as it as caffeine and It is almost 9 pm. Not sure if the sleepy medicine will counter act the caffeine. So my choices are siera mist, caffeine free diet dr pepper or caffeine free dark cherry soda (I think)

I also have the choice of drinking water or milk or chocolate milk.

This discussion has been closed.