DAZ Install Manager v.1.0.1.75 Update

Comments

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

No, they've changed. Two of the items have the blue manual button which I used. The other two items, one of them being the Shaine hair, don't give me a choice. Green button only.

I'm inclined to return the Shaine hair because I no longer have the simple manual option.

That's odd. Any chance you could provide a screenshot? (I don't have that product so I can' t see it myself.) If it's really missing, you could try asking customer support, I wonder if somebody just forgot to include a file or a link for that product.
  • SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

It might be simpler than "DAZ forgot to put up the file" — do we even know if the process of converting old installers to the new DIM/zip format is complete? There's been a ridiculously low amount of information on this. Remember, the DIM was released when the conversion process was only just started, so back then only the newest products would have been available as a .zip and it's been an ongoing process ever since. That particular item might still be sitting in the middle of the "not done yet" pile.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

It might be simpler than "DAZ forgot to put up the file" — do we even know if the process of converting old installers to the new DIM/zip format is complete? There's been a ridiculously low amount of information on this. Remember, the DIM was released when the conversion process was only just started, so back then only the newest products would have been available as a .zip and it's been an ongoing process ever since. That particular item might still be sitting in the middle of the "not done yet" pile.

If it can be downloaded with DIM (and it can, since it has the green button) then it is available as a zip. If the blue button is missing, that's an error and you should file a ticket to get it fixed.

As for some of the questions:

DIM tracks locally on your machine what has been installed -- otherwise it wouldn't be able to display that information or inform you of updates if you delete or archive the zip it downloaded. It does not ever send that info to DAZ 3D. The communication process with the DAZ 3D server is as follows:

1) If you log into your account with DIM (you can use it offline if you wish) DIM sends your login credentials.
    2) The store server returns a file with information on the latest versions of products in your account
    3) DIM looks at that file and displays for you, locally, what products are available for download.
    4) If you choose to download one or more of those files, DIM sends a request for those files.
    At no point does DIM tell the store server what you have downloaded or installed. That info is only available locally for you to view in DIM.

• NabouNabou Posts: 15
    edited December 1969

Hello Alls,

i have another Problem with Install Manager, i miss all Downloads in *Ready to Download* and my Product Library is empty too, Whats happen ... or what can i do to see it again? i see only a file called *Platinum Club Monthly Membership?

Thx for Answers

• Midnight_storiesMidnight_stories Posts: 4,112
    edited December 1969

Hey has the install manager stopped work it won't let me into my account.
    Then when I do try to go into my account I get this error!
    Fatal error: Class 'Mage_Downloader_Helper_Data' not found in /var/www/html/daz3d.com/magento/app/Mage.php on line 546
    any ideas ?

edited December 1969

Nabou said:
    Hello Alls,

i have another Problem with Install Manager, i miss all Downloads in *Ready to Download* and my Product Library is empty too, Whats happen ... or what can i do to see it again? i see only a file called *Platinum Club Monthly Membership?

Thx for Answers

I know they're working on the Account pages currently -- if it's still not right in the morning, submit a support ticket so they can get it fixed.

• Consumer573Consumer573 Posts: 282
    edited December 1969

If it can be downloaded with DIM (and it can, since it has the green button) then it is available as a zip. If the blue button is missing, that's an error and you should file a ticket to get it fixed.

As for some of the questions:

DIM tracks locally on your machine what has been installed -- otherwise it wouldn't be able to display that information or inform you of updates if you delete or archive the zip it downloaded. It does not ever send that info to DAZ 3D. The communication process with the DAZ 3D server is as follows:

1) If you log into your account with DIM (you can use it offline if you wish) DIM sends your login credentials.
    2) The store server returns a file with information on the latest versions of products in your account
    3) DIM looks at that file and displays for you, locally, what products are available for download.
    4) If you choose to download one or more of those files, DIM sends a request for those files.
    At no point does DIM tell the store server what you have downloaded or installed. That info is only available locally for you to view in DIM.

Thank you Sean Reish, Spotted Kitty and FixmyPC Mike.

(1) The Blue button now appears and I have manual download capability. There's a caveat. It does not appear on my order sheet where other blue and green buttons allow manual or DIM download. I have to click on the product sheet and go to it directly. Your comments either made me investigate more fully or it wasn't on the product sheet before. There must be some sort of translation error on Daz's part which doesn't show the blue button with the others on the order sheet.

(2) Mike, Your account of how DIM works to check for the most recent file makes it more attractive. A reason to use it. At the moment I'll still pass - less stuff on my PC and all (less on my PC to fix, mike) but it is nice to know if models have changes and updates since I bought it, and I may consider it in the future. Thank you very, very, much for all the detail.

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited July 2013

What does Fix Installed File Registry when right clicking on the installed file paths do? Will this let me move things around in the runtime, use that, and it'll update the installed paths in the installation ini file?

Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
    edited December 1969

Vaskania said:
    What does Fix Installed File Registry when right clicking on the installed file paths do? Will this let me move things around in the runtime, use that, and it'll update the installed paths in the installation ini file?

No, I'm afraid not -- it just goes through the manifests of what was installed with DIM and checks how many times a particular file was installed, so that if you uninstall a product with DIM that shares files with another product, it knows not to delete those files unless all products using it are uninstalled.

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited December 1969

Ahh ok. Thanks.

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Nabou said:
    Hello Alls,

Thx for Answers

Is it just me or do others get transfixed by Nabou's Avy? I just stare at it till I remember I was doing something...
  • LocusSolusLocusSolus Posts: 59
    edited December 1969

Hi L&G's

May be I've read the thread in diagonal, I don't find the tip to the following manip:

I want to move the DIM manifest files

from --> C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\DAZ 3D\InstallManager
    to --> X:\myWishedDirectory\DAZ 3D\InstallManager

That's pretty easy to do in seconds, and now, HOW DO I TELL DIM TO LOOK UP AT THE NEW TRACK?

Thanks in advance.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 97,252
    edited December 1969

You need to use a symbolic link/directory junction to redirect the location - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NTFS_symbolic_link

• LocusSolusLocusSolus Posts: 59
    edited December 1969

You need to use a symbolic link/directory junction to redirect the location - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NTFS_symbolic_link

Thanks Richard, that's pretty fine. As always you are a mother for us :)

(anyway that's a workaround. May I suggest you add to the (huge) stack of users suggestions you pass daily to developpers the ability to choose this directory built in the DIM options menu ? People like to master their drives and volumes at 100%)

Thanks again,

LocusSolus.

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    edited December 1969

I'm having a weird problem, and a quick skim of the thread doesn't seem to cover it. II'm not sure if I can explain it completely, either. It's been affecting me since the first of the month.

Since I did a large (for me) install on the first, the DIM hasn't been working correctly. If I click on the icon on my desktop, I get no new files, even after I've made a purchase. There are no errors, just no new files to download, either updates or new products.

If I click on the "Download & Install" button from an order page, I can download that order but I get an error that the Install Manager isn't set up for that account. I have not seen any updates to my files since the first of the month, so I don't know if I'm missing any or not.

I only have one account set up on the Install Manager, and as far as I can tell, it's correct. It's greyed out on the setup page, and can't be edited.

• Jeanne MJeanne M Posts: 652
    edited December 1969

(anyway that's a workaround. May I suggest you add to the (huge) stack of users suggestions you pass daily to developpers the ability to choose this directory built in the DIM options menu ? People like to master their drives and volumes at 100%)

Thanks again,

LocusSolus.

Agreed wholeheartedly! :)

Love, Jeanne

edited December 1969

I'm having a weird problem, and a quick skim of the thread doesn't seem to cover it. II'm not sure if I can explain it completely, either. It's been affecting me since the first of the month.

Since I did a large (for me) install on the first, the DIM hasn't been working correctly. If I click on the icon on my desktop, I get no new files, even after I've made a purchase. There are no errors, just no new files to download, either updates or new products.

If I click on the "Download & Install" button from an order page, I can download that order but I get an error that the Install Manager isn't set up for that account. I have not seen any updates to my files since the first of the month, so I don't know if I'm missing any or not.

I only have one account set up on the Install Manager, and as far as I can tell, it's correct. It's greyed out on the setup page, and can't be edited.

May be a glitch in your account - I think you need to open a support ticket.

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    edited December 1969

Ugh. I was afraid of that. (My experiences with Tech Support have been significantly less than pleasant. Sales support is great. Tech Support not so much.) I'll wait until I place my next order so I can provide lots of detailed screen shots.

• KimberSueKimberSue Posts: 353
    edited December 1969

Ugh. I was afraid of that. (My experiences with Tech Support have been significantly less than pleasant. Sales support is great. Tech Support not so much.) I'll wait until I place my next order so I can provide lots of detailed screen shots.

Mine just uninstall everything and all the downloads to reinstall are failing. Not sure what to do.

edited December 1969

Sales would be the people to handle an account issue, anyway.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

JeanneM said:

Thanks again,

LocusSolus.

Love, Jeanne

That is the reason I don't use DIM ...

edited August 2013

Kerya said:
    JeanneM said:

Thanks again,

LocusSolus.

Love, Jeanne

That is the reason I don't use DIM ...
    Well, I use DIM to download and then I install manually on my main computer.
    On my test computer I use it to download ánd install (only DS4 specific stuff) but that's only to test and I don't like the way it installs things. I rather use my own methods and my own folder structure. Old (and comfortable LOL) habits die hard and to be honest, I see no reason why I would let them die. :)

Love, Jeanne

Post edited by Jeanne M on
  • Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

I agree with you Jeanne. I think the only things I install directly with DIM are Genesis related. Anything in Poser format I install manually as I always have. Old and comfortable is a good thing. ;-)

edited December 1969

I have only one computer - with an SSD harddrive for C: and I will NOT mess it up. Give me an option to install that thing somewhere else and I would be happy to use it. ...

edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    I have only one computer - with an SSD harddrive for C: and I will NOT mess it up. Give me an option to install that thing somewhere else and I would be happy to use it. ...
    I can't help you with that :down: I have it installed on my test computer and I think if I had only one computer, I wouldn't have it installed. It's a pity though because downloading is really fast with it, it surely is as fast as Taozens program. You don't have a notebook or something? Or a cheap tablet?(Although I don't know if it will work on a tablet).

Maybe, with this latest update you can choose to install it on an external drive instead of in C:Program Files? I noticed there was an update but because it's on my testcomputer I didn't bother with install it somewhere else. I even have Poser and DS installed in C: Program Files. LOL
    It's different on my main computer however. There I have only the system stuff on C and all other programs -whenever possible- are on another drive. I'm one of those people that like to
    (....master their drives and volumes at 100%)

if anyhow possible ;-P

Love, Jeanne

edited December 1969

Would be nice to have a notebook - but I am spending too much money on content ... LOL

edited December 1969

Kerya said:
    Would be nice to have a notebook - but I am spending too much money on content ... LOL

I hear you! LOL
    Well, as soon as I'll win enough in the lottery.... I'll send you one, alright? :-)
  • KimberSueKimberSue Posts: 353
    edited December 1969

I went in late at night in case the system was too busy at the time I tired to down. Anyways, late at night it worked perfectly.

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited December 1969

Greetings,

Kerya said:
    If you're using Windows Vista or better, look into the MKLINK command, and replace the DIM directory with a link to whatever drive you actually want manifests stored on. (You already can direct where the actual downloads go.)

-- Morgan

edited December 1969

Thank you - I used mklink for a lot of folders for DS and Poser ...
    but I don't absolutely need DIM and I do resent that I have to let it install there first and write on my SSD before creating a link ... I do need DS and Poser. *grin*