June Freebie Challenge - Summer Fun & Pin-Ups

Comments

• goldschopfgoldschopf Posts: 28
    edited December 1969

Sorry, not buying it without photographic evidence. (Of the burlesque, not the office.)

Haha, I'm sure there are photos out there somewhere... I just hope they are flattering.

• Gloomy007Gloomy007 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

She reminds me of some of the girls I used to perform with.

Isn't anyone going to ask about this???

It wasn't anything too scandalous. I used to do the occasional guest spot in some of my friend's burlesque shows in Seattle... Then I moved to NY last summer and got a job as a receptionist/admin assistant and my life isn't quite as exciting.

Oh that had to be pretty cool :)
    And I join dorsey in request for photo's ( do not have to be of you :) just you r frined show wil be nice to see :) )

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,086
    edited December 1969

She reminds me of some of the girls I used to perform with.

Isn't anyone going to ask about this???

I was afraid to ask! :)

Dana

• edited December 1969

Hello everybody. Just popping in. Congrats to all the May winners! Could someone please tell Music that it'll be odd without him around, but I can totally relate with the real life becoming hectic.
    Hoping to have at least something to contribute to this month's challenge. I guess that will depend on how stressed my STBE decides to make me.
    I get to go to my first EVER concert this month and I'm SUPER excited, so that may spill over onto here. Sorry in advance.

edited December 1969

goldschopf cool! saw it ;) smooth move ;)

Chameleon cngarulations ;) what concert that would be ? share ;)

• DorseylandDorseyland Posts: 724
    edited December 1969

Teletubbies -- they're EVERYBODY'S first concert!

Goldschopf, that's a terrific avatar -- we've got rotating pin-ups all month!

edited December 1969

Shoot, I am to old, so wasn't mine.. mine was a christain children band ;) or.. we do count local bands on the fairs and weddings as well ?

• music2u4umusic2u4u Posts: 2,822
    edited December 1969

Just wanted to drop by and say thanks for the tribute B. Yes, I did put in many years of hard work for the folks here but life moves on and time took it's toll on me. I am still around and I lurk here sometimes. Real life has gotten very busy for me, unfortunately, but I am not down and still enjoy my Daz. Thanks to all the folks here that have kept my dream alive and to Daz for allowing our little challenge to go forth for sooo long. Though I am no longer able to keep it up, I do appreciate ALL who have taken the time to come share with us and have fun.

With that said....I throw a big fat chocolate cream pie.

gotcha Jeeperz!

Peace to all.

:-)

music

edited December 1969

Well, stop being so busy, Music, and get back in here -- you're NEEDED!

Tell Real Life you've got better things to do. Make something up. Lie if you have to.

• jeeperzjeeperz Posts: 1,102
    edited December 1969

music2u4u said:
    Just wanted to drop by and say thanks for the tribute B. Yes, I did put in many years of hard work for the folks here but life moves on and time took it's toll on me. I am still around and I lurk here sometimes. Real life has gotten very busy for me, unfortunately, but I am not down and still enjoy my Daz. Thanks to all the folks here that have kept my dream alive and to Daz for allowing our little challenge to go forth for sooo long. Though I am no longer able to keep it up, I do appreciate ALL who have taken the time to come share with us and have fun.

gotcha Jeeperz!

Peace to all.

music

AGHHHH...................... you got me music.
    *tosses several pies into the forum to see who gets hit*

evil_emoticon.png
    400 x 331 - 196K
  • edited December 1969

Krissy- Dave Matthews Band

Dorsey- noooo. I hate teletubbies

edited December 1969

Krissy said:

Shoot, I am to old, so wasn't mine.. mine was a christain children band ;) or.. we do count local bands on the fairs and weddings as well ?

I was thinking that. I can't really remember what band was first. I think my first big name concert was the Newport Jazz Festival in either 1968 or 1969...can't remember for sure. Hitch-hiked there with a friend and stayed overnight, then walked home by myself (he abandoned me). I was 15 or 16 maybe. Hitch-hiking was much safer then, it was a simpler time. But I don't remember who played when I was there. Sometime in that area I also ended up at a Gratefull Dead concert in Providence, RI, at the Civic Center (now called the Dunk - Dunkin' Donuts Center - I hate how every venue has a product name tied to it now!) I was with some friends, smoking, driving around in a VW Beetle, and we ended up there and just walked in. The sound was terrible and we only stayed a little while. In 1970, junior year in high school, there was a day when everybody skipped school...I went with some friends to the SMU campus in Dartmouth, Massachusetts (now known as U-Mass Dartmouth) for a concert. My friend's band Vesuvius was opening for The Paul Butterfield Blues Band. That year I also attended a Woodstock-like concert, also at SMU, with some friends at a commune where I stayed on weekends sometimes. It was a three day/2night event. And we stayed overnight, outdoors, at least one night. Therre were some bands that were not well known. We saw The Guess Who, they were OK...not great. But one band that had the whole crowd bouncing was Ten Wheel Drive, with Genya Raven. Those are my early experiences. I was also in a band or two in that early era, and was in a concert or two...small time local things.

Dana

edited December 1969

music2u4u said:

gotcha Jeeperz!

Peace to all.

music

You are missed in here!

Dana

• mCasualmCasual Posts: 4,604
    edited December 1969

- NAE -- NAE -- NAE -- NAE -- NAE -- NAE -- NAE -

maybe Amy (Aiko3) could get her revenge on last year's infamy comitted by (Darcie) Aiko4

mcjEntryForJuneContest1920.jpg
    1920 x 1200 - 479K
    edited December 1969

Do not recall "the Aiko Incident", Casual, but the render's a hoot!

Chameleon -- I was JUST KIDDING about the Teletubbies. No one likes the Teletubbies.

Dana -- I went from stumbling into a Paul Cotton show at the 1968 Canadian National Exhibition in Toronto to having ticket seats for Led Zeppelin at the Free Trade Hall in Manchester (England) in 1969. It was a rapid ascent, and I saw hundreds of concerts over the next decade.

edited December 1969

Chameleon have fun :) be careful trough those event can be addictive ( have 2-3 planned for this year, but I am easy going, my man goes to at least 1 every month :) )

Music, good to see ya :)

Dana, you talk dates I was not even considered to exist lol

Dorsey.. my son likes teletubbies ;) I on the other hand am terrified of them, and no way there will be something of those horrorous creatures near my house

edited December 1969

Do not recall "the Aiko Incident", Casual, but the render's a hoot!

Chameleon -- I was JUST KIDDING about the Teletubbies. No one likes the Teletubbies.

Dana -- I went from stumbling into a Paul Cotton show at the 1968 Canadian National Exhibition in Toronto to having ticket seats for Led Zeppelin at the Free Trade Hall in Manchester (England) in 1969. It was a rapid ascent, and I saw hundreds of concerts over the next decade.

Concert tickets were always too expensive for me until after 1995, when I got my first full time job programming. I've seen some good ones since then, but not hundreds. I'm back in the "too expensive for me" category right now, though. I don't even look at the emails from ticketmaster or the other event companies, I just delete them...I don't want to know what I'm missing. (sad face)

How was Led Zeppelin? Every concert footage I've ever seen of them has been terrible. Page is sloppy and forgetting his parts, or repetitive, and Plant forgets his lyrics, or gets repetitive. I think they were much better as a session band than live. I guess maybe it was just the experience that people liked...or they were too stoned to know how bad Zep were live.

Dana

edited December 1969

Krissy said:

They're just dates...numbers...you spring chicken, you!

Dana

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    Krissy said:

Dana

Just numbers... with memories attached.

Kendall

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    Krissy said:

Dana

Just numbers... with memories attached.

Kendall

But of course!

Dana

• stronghandsstronghands Posts: 104
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    Krissy said:

Dana

Ahhhhh...yessss....I remember the sixties. It was a great time to be alive. A great time to...be in elementary school. LOL

And, just to make the post semi-relevant....

NAE NAE Just getting into the spirit of the competition. NAE

Jaya_poolside_01.jpg
    2000 x 1600 - 1M
    edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    Concert tickets were always too expensive for me until after 1995, when I got my first full time job programming.

How was Led Zeppelin? Every concert footage I've ever seen of them has been terrible. Page is sloppy and forgetting his parts, or repetitive, and Plant forgets his lyrics, or gets repetitive. I think they were much better as a session band than live.

Dana, please, there are young people reading this stuff. Concert tickets were cheap as hell through the early '70s, which is why I was going to them almost every week.

And Zep, yeah, they could be awful, but experimenting with drugs, the blues and instrumentation is bound to produce some bad concerts, but I loved every minute of the one time I saw them, I've seen plenty of great videos, and surely not all of the millions of fans who swap bootleg concert audio and video are constantly doped up -- they must have found something they like in any state of mind.

This is not to denigrate drugs, mind you. &-) [old-fashioned smiley]

edited December 1969

DanaTA said:
    Concert tickets were always too expensive for me until after 1995, when I got my first full time job programming.

How was Led Zeppelin? Every concert footage I've ever seen of them has been terrible. Page is sloppy and forgetting his parts, or repetitive, and Plant forgets his lyrics, or gets repetitive. I think they were much better as a session band than live.

Dana, please, there are young people reading this stuff. Concert tickets were cheap as hell through the early '70s, which is why I was going to them almost every week.

Did you have a job? I graduated from high school in 1971, and was still only 17. We were on welfare...so no, tickets weren't cheap from my perspective at that time. Even when I started working, a year later almost, the pay wasn't enough to go to concerts and eat. Of course, there were free concerts in the summers all through that period, and I enjoyed them.

Dana

edited December 1969

Thank you Dana.. spring chicken .. may I be a spring llama??
    Oh, they are not bad here, for what we wanna see at least ( 25 euro is pretty much average, have to compare with 15 yet 2 years ago) But my husband is going for some that are drainer, fe. in few weeks he goes to see Iron Maiden - 75 euro a ticket... a head spins ... plus think you cannot smuggle your own beverages to the venue, and a beer glass will be about 3-5 euro...

Dana, dorsey in different area of the world ;)
    Ah.. now I wanna go for the concert :( and have to wait till decmeber.. may pop in some dvd because of ya guys ;)

edited December 1969

Heh heh. Maybe Dana and I were living in different worlds! I got released on my own recognizance from high school in '72, the same year I started going to concerts more or less steadily, so I was working for meagre pay, but I saw plenty of shows for $4 or so up until about '75, when Bill Graham ushered Crosby Stills Nash & Young around North America and jacked up the price quite a bit. It was all uphill from there, apart from the punks throwing a wrench into the concert economy.

Iron Maiden for 75 euros is roughly 74 euros too much, especially if there's no free beer, but regardless of who's playing, I'd never be able to afford concerts now on a regular basis. I just count myself lucky that I saw most of my favourite bands back in the day, and that I now get books for free to review, and that I don't give a shit about the movies they make these days. And that I got M4 and V4 when they were still free.

Don't anyone get me started on paying to read a newspaper or magazine online.

edited December 1969

Am I the only one seeing placeholder boxes where there should be smileys?

edited December 1969

nah Dorsey I find 75 euros fair price , especially that they do put on the show.. ut, free beer?? nah nowhere yo uwill find those ( apart of movies, if you smuggle some :) ) I agree with you with the movies those days - bunch of random special effects tied together with a non complicated story.

Now I have another entry at works.. where is the rest of pictures???

edited December 1969

Heh heh. Maybe Dana and I were living in different worlds! I got released on my own recognizance from high school in '72, the same year I started going to concerts more or less steadily, so I was working for meagre pay, but I saw plenty of shows for $4 or so up until about '75, when Bill Graham ushered Crosby Stills Nash & Young around North America and jacked up the price quite a bit. It was all uphill from there, apart from the punks throwing a wrench into the concert economy.

Different worlds? Well, I guess so. Like I said, I grew up on welfare. We always had enough to eat, but we didn't have a car, and wouldn't have a TV if it weren't for my grandma giving one to my mom. And it was B&W. As I said, graduated in '71, but I was still only 17 and nobody would hire me for anything. I joked in senior year that I was going to party for a year before finding a job. I was pretty close. When I did get a job, I had other interests anyway. Then I got married in '74. when I look at my SS reports that come out occassionally, my earnings for most of the years were pathetic. Some years I barely earned $2,000. We had a really low rent rate, and it included heat, hot water and cooking gas. We stayed there until we bought our house. When I finally started earning good money in '95, I finally had money for concerts. Our first one was Johnny Lang and Jeff Beck! We saw Santana on his Supernatural Tour, with Macy Grey opening. I wasn't impressed with her, nor her sound crew. I started calling her Mousey Grey. Although, Carlos brought her on stage to sing with him and she sounded better. Maybe it was the style, but if was definitely the sound crew, she had more punch and more substance to her voice. She should have fired her sound crew. We saw Eddie Money, REO Speedwagon and Styx in one night. We saw Huey Lewis at the Boston Melody Tent. What a great show. And he was still full of energy, jumping up on speakers and running around the stage. The crowd brought them back for three encores. But then they had to quit. It was an outdoor venue, and there were laws about noise after a certain time of night...which we had passed. That was a great night! I think the last one I saw was with a musician friend. We saw Kenny Wayne Shepard, Ted Nugent, and ZZ Top, in that order. Great night!

Don't anyone get me started on paying to read a newspaper or magazine online.

I wouldn't mind that. I think that's the way newspapers should go, rather than just failing. Without the expense of the paper and presses, all that electricity, all the heat they throw, they'd save a lot of money. And all the trees we'd save! They could keep all the same reporting/writing staff and create the same quality publication. I've dumped several newspapers over the years due to crappy delivery. The last one was here. I had a "tube" next to my mailbox, but I'd repeatedly find the paper on the ground...in the rain, in the snow. Several times it was down there not even in a plastic bag. Soggy through and through, unreadable. I complained a few times. The last time I just cancelled it. I'd rather have an online, or better, downloadable, newspaper. There are announcements that you just don't get, concerning local things, from online sources, unless you're lucky enough to have your local paper online and unrestricted.

Sorry for the long-winded opinion. At least the first part of my post was about "summer fun".

Dana

edited December 1969

Am I the only one seeing placeholder boxes where there should be smileys?

The smileys have been broken for almost a week now. I don't even bother to try to use them anymore. 13 months of this new site in ten days! :|

Dana

edited June 2013

So If no one mind let me interrupt you with an entry.
    I apologize in advance for any mistakes I made, and If it not-pinup, or to pin-up, feel free to just disregard it and move on ;)

Title: Never forget to stretch

Freebies:
    1. Ursula v4*
    2. Yogaesque poses *
    3. FC Panty Evilinnocence
    4. Flexy Hair 11th item from top
    5. SCS flexy hair 7th item from top
    6. My vest 8th row, 2nd from right
    7. Piercing 4th item from top
    8. Water bottle *
    9. Dumbbell *
    10.Skipy Rope *
    11.AS free scene (poser only)
    12.80 tiles * used on panty
    13.V4WM* Poser Only

*Requires registration

No count :
    V4
    mat - mine
    EZSkin
    Outfitter

Payed:
    V4 Morphs++

Edited image: Dumbell was moved in a place where he doesn't look like rolling over her head :)

stretch2.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 459K
    Post edited by Gloomy007 on