Luxus for Carrara released! Intro sale price at 30% off.

Comments

• tezentezen Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

@PhilW: ...that WAS not working too - found out that I put some old Luxus-Beta-Files into C8.5pro... ...Beta ;) !

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,139
    edited December 1969

Hope you are all good to go now!

• EyosEyos Posts: 114
    edited December 1969

Are there plans to release an update for Luxus soon?
    One feature that I would especially appreciate, is the ability to use the production frame, so I can set exactly what will be rendered.

edited December 1969

Eyos said:
    Are there plans to release an update for Luxus soon?
    One feature that I would especially appreciate, is the ability to use the production frame, so I can set exactly what will be rendered.

SphericLabs was kind enough to send me an updated version a couple of months ago, and he said on this thread that it would be launched within two weeks, but it is still not yet available. This fixes the frame issue and adds a Depth of Field setting. Maybe he is busy with other stuff, but as I know that this has been done and it works, he really should release what he has as an update.

• stem_athomestem_athome Posts: 516
    edited October 2013

PhilW said:
    ......he said on this thread that it would be launched within two weeks,...........

Considering he made that post/statement 3 months ago, I am starting to think we will not see the update.

In the current release, there are (IMHO) too many parameters/options missing.

Post edited by stem_athome on
  • dtammdtamm Posts: 126
    edited October 2013

An update was submitted recently.

Post edited by dtamm on
  • SphericLabsSphericLabs Posts: 598
    edited December 1969

I submitted an update about a week ago. It should make it to you in the next few day.

It fixes several bugs and adds DOF. internally saved textures are OK. Mac no longer freezes during render.

edited December 1969

I submitted an update about a week ago. It should make it to you in the next few day.

It fixes several bugs and adds DOF. internally saved textures are OK. Mac no longer freezes during render.

Great news, thanks for the update.

• wetcircuitwetcircuit Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Oh Sweet! Great to hear!

(How do we know when downloads get updated in the store...?)

• JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738
    edited December 1969

I'm late to the party on this, because I had already developed another way to get unbiased by exporting my scene as obj files, re importing them into TheaRender, and then re-shading and rendering in Thea. Thea itself is pretty quick and good about rendering unbiased, but as you can imagine the time it took to export/import/re-texture added up :)

I picked up Luxus during the last 2 days of the PA sale (felt like I was stealing getting it so low cost) mostly because I wanted to see if I could find an easier/faster workflow to do unbiased rendering than what I'm currently using. It installed, no problems, and I was able to do a test render right away, but now I'm left puzzled about a few things.

I started reading forum entries on how to do skin shaders, and most people seem to recommend using a Lux Glossy Translucent material. I toyed around with some of the dials and tried some of what had been suggested by other folks, but got wildly different results, so went back to basics and started fiddling with dials one at a time. I was making some slight progress and things were getting better, but then I ran into this (see attached render) What in the world? I've checked my shaders over and over again, I swear the legs have exactly the same shader settings as the arms, torso and face, yet it looks like they've got a matte shader that's completely different. I can't figure this out and it doesn't make any sense. This is a Genesis figure, if that matters. Anyone got a clue why the exact same shader settings are so wildly different from the thighs down?

latest_legs_wrong_bikini.png
    400 x 600 - 250K
  • EleleElele Posts: 1,097
    edited December 1969

Oh Sweet! Great to hear!

Sweet indeed :D
    Are some of the missing variables added in this version?

If you happen to have DIM installed, it will show updated products in a special tab (where you can choose if you want to update).

• wetcircuitwetcircuit Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Elele said:

If you happen to have DIM installed, it will show updated products in a special tab (where you can choose if you want to update).
    Good to know, thank you. I don't have it installed, so hopefully someone will post here... :)

• wavyeyewavyeye Posts: 18
    edited December 1969

Any news about when Luxus is having its essential update?
    I bought it over four months ago and the launch issues have still not been addressed.
    My main problem is the render frame being completely off from Carraras.
    Seeing as how Carrara 8.5 will no longer render my large architectural scenes I was hoping Luxus would save me from finally migrating to Blender.

edited December 1969

The Luxus for Carrara update should be available now though DAZ Install Manager.

For those the like the old style installers, they are not ready, but you can use DAZ Install Manager to get the zip file and manually install.

• EddyMI3DEddyMI3D Posts: 365
    edited December 1969

The Luxus for Carrara update should be available now though DAZ Install Manager.

For those the like the old style installers, they are not ready, but you can use DAZ Install Manager to get the zip file and manually install.

Mine is Package Sate, Wednesday, Oct. 9th, 2013...
    I assume you mean this one.
    Thanks a lot.
    edited December 1969

EddyMI said:

Mine is Package Sate, Wednesday, Oct. 9th, 2013...
    I assume you mean this one.
    Thanks a lot.

That is it.

• booksbydavidbooksbydavid Posts: 429
    edited December 1969

Great news. Not using the install manager, so I guess I'll have to wait.

edited December 1969

It's there for me with the Install Manager (as an aside, have you noticed that DAZ is not great with initials, having things like DIM and DUF...). Please can you confirm the list of changes which have been implemented?

edited December 1969

PhilW said:
    It's there for me with the Install Manager (as an aside, have you noticed that DAZ is not great with initials, having things like DIM and DUF...). Please can you confirm the list of changes which have been implemented?

Production Frame and render match up perfectly.
    DOF parameters
    Internal Saved Textures supported.
    Squelched some warnings related to textures
    AreaLight bug that applied the light to multple shading domains when it should not have.
    Fixed Cloth.
    Rendering will not hang the Mac while LuxRender does its thing.

edited December 1969

Thanks - some really significant improvements here!

• EyosEyos Posts: 114
    edited December 1969

I have it installed but it does not show in DIM. Any idea why that can be?

• Jay_NOLAJay_NOLA Posts: 1,145
    edited December 1969

I hope DAZ gets the Manual Download version available soon. I don't use the DIM.

• rk66rk66 Posts: 433
    edited December 1969

Hi,
    manual download is online, it is the version 1.0.0.1.

rk.

• FetitoFetito Posts: 481
    edited December 1969

Huzzah!

• JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738
    edited December 1969

Excellent news! Looking forward to playing around with it when I get home tonight :)

• rk66rk66 Posts: 433
    edited December 1969

Hi,

Luxrender 1.3 is out
    (for Windowsa in a few hours):

http://www.luxrender.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=10603

rk.

edited December 1969

Spheric - I note that strand-based hair is listed as a feature in Luxrender 1.3, is there any possibility of using Carrara's hair to drive this with a future Luxus for Carrara update?

• Jay_NOLAJay_NOLA Posts: 1,145
    edited December 1969

Windows version of LuxRender 1.3 can be downloaded now.

edited December 1969

PhilW said:
    Spheric - I note that strand-based hair is listed as a feature in Luxrender 1.3, is there any possibility of using Carrara's hair to drive this with a future Luxus for Carrara update?

I looked are the LuxRender hair in the 1.3 betas and had all sorts of problems(probably on my end). I will need to look into it some more. As carrara hair is a shader, getting strand information out could be tricky.

edited December 1969

PhilW said:

I looked are the LuxRender hair in the 1.3 betas and had all sorts of problems(probably on my end). I will need to look into it some more. As carrara hair is a shader, getting strand information out could be tricky.

OK, thanks for considering it and letting us know.