Star Trek Builders Unite 4 : In a Runtime Darkly!

Comments

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,582
    edited December 1969

Whew!

I feared I screwed up big time!

And thanks for the kind words about the conversion.I can only do basic modeling (the most complicated thing I've made is a Tom Baker era TARDIS console, a Davros chair and a Troughton era Cyberman helmet), but I've gotten fairly decent with "cleaning up" .OBJ conversions in UV Mapper Pro. That's what I think helped MDBruffy in this case. I can't even remember if I changed any material zones.

Sincerely,

Bill

• mdbruffymdbruffy Posts: 2,345
    edited August 2013

Have an idea for the suits, but I need some help finding what I need. Security personel and science officers wouldn't need much equipment beyond their phasers and tricorders. Medical staff on the other hand should be as close to a walking aid station as possiable. This means not only their tricorders, but hypos, vials of drugs- all universal in purpose- and select, sugical gear- battery powered. Engineering personel should have select tools and equipment with them, choice of which would depend on the mission.
    Now, considering that their suits have those tech details on the legs, I'm leaning toward somekind of ammo belt type gear that can be mission specific packed and worn around the waist.
    Anyone know where I can find an ammo belt that might work?

Post edited by mdbruffy on
  • PDSmithPDSmith Posts: 712
    edited August 2013

mdbruffy said:

Yeah he did have a special place place in your heart. You did use him for what two...three of your novels?

On a separate note, A TNG Hallway; another conversion, mod and change from Sketchup and a Conference room rebuild. Both will be posted over at DA once I'm done with the current book. in about two weeks or so. Not rendering in LuxRender really speeds things up.

image_1.jpg
    800 x 640 - 278K
    hallway_test-1.jpg
    686 x 900 - 332K
    hallway_test-2.jpg
    686 x 900 - 291K
    Post edited by PDSmith on
    edited August 2013

PDSmith said:

Yeah he did have a special place place in your heart. You did use him for what two...three of your novels?

On a separate note, A TNG Hallway; another conversion, mod and change from Sketchup and a Conference room rebuild. Both will be posted over at DA once I'm done with the current book. in about two weeks or so. Not rendering in LuxRender really speeds things up.

I will try this again ( That ^(*&^$ dashboard!!!).
    I like Kang best of the 3 original Klingons. He always seemed the one most likely to listen when there was a reason to. I used him in 3 books and he'll be in this next one- and in 2 of the remaining 4.
    That corridor's looking good.

• gmd3dgmd3d Posts: 18
    edited December 1969

Redfern said:
    Whew!

And thanks for the kind words about the conversion.I can only do basic modeling (the most complicated thing I've made is a Tom Baker era TARDIS console, a Davros chair and a Troughton era Cyberman helmet), but I've gotten fairly decent with "cleaning up" .OBJ conversions in UV Mapper Pro. That's what I think helped MDBruffy in this case. I can't even remember if I changed any material zones.

Sincerely,

Bill

When I started modeling. it was to do my own images. but that fell off as I found I was not very good, but the modeling was OK..... I was happy to share and delighted to see something I have worked on appear in someone´s art....

I had to stop working on that model and others at the same time because I was moving to another country. so it great to see something I built reach it potential and surpassing my hope for it. you where another link in its build and now been realized by mdbroffy ....

As Stan Lee likes to say.
    Excelsior.
    Captain Kirk likes to say
    Enterprise.. :)

edited December 1969

Redfern said:
    Whew!

Sincerely,

Bill

When I started modeling. it was to do my own images. but that fell off as I found I was not very good, but the modeling was OK..... I was happy to share and delighted to see something I have worked on appear in someone´s art....

I had to stop working on that model and others at the same time because I was moving to another country. so it great to see something I built reach it potential and surpassing my hope for it. you where another link in its build and now been realized by mdbroffy ....

As Stan Lee likes to say.
    Excelsior.
    Captain Kirk likes to say
    Enterprise.. :)

I thank you sir, for starting the ball rolling. I've also corrected my discription of this pic at my DA gallery to give credit where it's due.:

http://mdbruffy.deviantart.com/art/Nova-Trek-EVA-Suits-390091391

edited December 1969

My Tribute to the late Mr. Ansara:

Dedicated.jpg
    2000 x 1271 - 197K
  • TimbalesTimbales Posts: 2,251
    edited December 1969

PDSmith said:

nicely done

edited August 2013

Okay, the EVA landing party is done. This is the team's Medic and engineer. The belts with their storage units wil allow an engineer or medic to carry aditional supplies geared toward the specifics of a mission.
    Yes, I borrowed Rduda's uniform badge for the belt buckle.

Finished_EVA_crew.jpg
    1263 x 873 - 163K
  • blutobluto Posts: 828
    edited December 1969

PDSmith said:

your conference room rebuild look like it would be a great starting point for a next gen era forward lounge

edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    Okay, the EVA landing party is done. This is the team's Medic and engineer. The belts with their storage units wil allow an engineer or medic to carry aditional supplies geared toward the specifics of a mission.

cool , madd !
    I really like these , by the way what did you end up using for the suit gloves and boots?

edited August 2013

bluto said:
    mdbruffy said:

cool , madd !
    I really like these , by the way what did you end up using for the suit gloves and boots?

Fortunately, V3 and M3 had glove and sock morphs. For V3 I also had flat heel boots in my runtime. I turned the shafts off and fitted the jumpsuit down over the shoe part.

edited December 1969

Anyone know where I can find some Folded clothes? Shirts, pants, blouse? We're talking props for packing purposes.

• wolfgang_1wolfgang_1 Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    My Tribute to the late Mr. Ansara:

Qapla’
  • TheCastellanTheCastellan Posts: 700
    edited December 1969

yoman Tamura and Madman's Archon after I gave it a little cosmetic surgery.

Sphere_ship.jpg
    1258 x 870 - 536K
    Tamura_shuttle.jpg
    1258 x 870 - 510K
  • ThalekThalek Posts: 318
    edited December 1969

TimG said:
    This is not Star Trek Canon, but I think it fits. Have you ever seen the Futuro House? It was a created by a Finnish designer in the late 60's. Less than 100 were manufactured. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Futuro

I could totally see this as part of the TOS Trek universe, or even TNG with some updates, as a civilian planet-side residence or luxury cabin as part of a ship.

If they could be made interconnectable, I'd like about three of these! They're a bit too small for my preferences, otherwise.

edited December 1969

PDSmith said:
    Looking for suggestions. What to do with the window boxes. Keep or ditch?

The original set came over from another 3D site, but I've had a number of problems with the textures and settings so I'm building it up from scratch and replaceing piece by piece. The over all lay out is ideal for a passageway in a more 'residential district' of the ship.

The room off to the right has some serious issues too. The windows are slanted far too extreme for the character to stand anywhere but up against the inside wall. I intend to make it so they are slightly smaller and more slanted to give more walking room.

And lastly to also smooth out the rounded edges. (that will come later)

Enjoy.

-Paul

Make the wall boxes deeper and they are planters. Make a cushion for them and they are bench seats.

Oh, and the EVA suits look fantastic! I'm making a passage through the doldrums lately, so I haven't even started again on the Tholian Web suits . . . Plus, Hexagon makes me nervous: who knows when it will crash, or lose texture groups or whatever other surprises it likes to pull?

edited December 1969

Well, where's the fun in that?! That's not a home I want to vacation in, that's one I want to LIVE in. [grin]

Might need a tad more storage capability, I suppose . . .

edited December 1969

ssgbryan said:
    mdbruffy said:
    Anyone know where I can find some Folded clothes? Shirts, pants, blouse? We're talking props for packing purposes.

Give me a bit, I have a set I picked up from somewhere. Here it is:

Cupboard Stuff Freebie.

For Poser:
    http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=62632

For DS
    http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/details.php?item_id=62619

Got it! Thanks!

• jaguarry3jaguarry3 Posts: 230
    edited August 2013

The ISS Savage in pursuit of the rebel Klingon Raptor K'Trelan

In_Persuit.jpg
    1663 x 942 - 633K
    Post edited by jaguarry3 on
    edited August 2013

Okay, I'm working on an M3 version of Sarek- M3 because that's who I have the most outfits and stuff for- But, I think I might be too close to judge. Ideas? Comments? I know the hair- Mylochka's spockhair- isn't working.

SAREK_WIP.jpg
    905 x 878 - 381K
    edited December 1969

madd , spot on . I could tell at a glance who it was

edited December 1969

bluto said:

Thanks, but I think he still needs a better hair. Sarek's had more curl in it than's Spock's- and it was cut a little different.

edited December 1969

mdbruffy said:
    bluto said:

Thanks, but I think he still needs a better hair. Sarek's had more curl in it than's Spock's- and it was cut a little different.

The hair (which is debatable) seems to be the only flaw. That is a marvelous duplication, sir!

edited August 2013

Thalek said:
    mdbruffy said:
    bluto said:

The hair (which is debatable) seems to be the only flaw. That is a marvelous duplication, sir!

I went back to our DA group and downloaded Mylochka's new Spock Hair for M4. She'd added some more textures to this package- including a grey texture. It still doesn't give him the curls of the TV series, but they had straightened his hair for the movies- or else age had straightened it- so I'm going to go with this:

Ambassador_Sarek-_Final_Tests.jpg
    1615 x 1075 - 208K
This discussion has been closed.