DAZ Install Manager 1.0.1.59 Update

12346»

Comments

• Blaine91555Blaine91555 Posts: 148
    edited June 2013

Oh man, crazy slow using DIM today.

I'm reinstalling a bunch of stuff since I had it messed up before and have upgraded Poser so I can use DSOM. In the past I got fast downloads, but today I may as well have a dial up connection instead of the hyper-fast Cable connection I have now. This is going to take many times as long as it should in fact.

Is something wrong? It took over five minutes for just Homo Erectus which is insane. I'll be waiting until tomorrow to finish?

SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW :roll:

Post edited by Blaine91555 on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,387
    edited June 2013

With the current sale going on the servers may be a bit busier than normal

Post edited by frank0314 on
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    With the current sale going on the servers may be a bit busier than normal

Seems like a sale every day of the week. I likely need to rethink the time of day to do this.

My smiley's are not working. Is that just a Firefox thing do you know? Not important but I just noticed. Maybe they are doing some maintenance work also.

Just venting while I'm waiting to play. In the last couple of weeks I've gotten Poser Pro 2014 and now The Plant Factory PreRelease from E-On and no time to play. I think I might have AADD :)

Now the sliders are moving again!!! There is hope!

Ignore me, I'm strange today. Senile I think.

edited December 1969

OK, it's going fast now. Must have been a hiccup. Thanks for the reply.

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited December 1969

Greetings,
    I'm getting 'Communication timed out during authentication', and it won't see my most recent purchase. (For reference, you should put out a better error message than, 'Check your username and password' when the problem is an inability to contact the DAZ servers.)

Anyhow, any idea why I can't seem to reach the DIM servers?

-- Morgan

• AprilYSHAprilYSH Posts: 1,481
    edited December 1969

Yes, same problem here. I thought this is normally a quiet time of night (~11pm Sunday night in Utah) but I cannot connect to the server. Someone need to kick-start it or add another rack? Thanks ;)

• edited December 1969

Same here... spends 2+ minutes spinning, then "Unable to login to the specified account. Verify the email and/or password and try again." [it is correct, plus shouldn't take 2+ minutes in the first place].

• VanguardVanguard Posts: 481
    edited December 1969

You all are not alone. Same poor user experience on my end.

• namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,063
    edited December 1969

JimGale said:
    Same here... spends 2+ minutes spinning, then "Unable to login to the specified account. Verify the email and/or password and try again." [it is correct, plus shouldn't take 2+ minutes in the first place].

The two+ minutes is because the other end isn't responding at all and DIM is timing out -- when the problem first turned up the "Unable to login" message popped up in three or four seconds.

So DAZ still doesn't have an on-call tech and a monitoring/alerting package to page the tech when there are problems . . . Not good!

• CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited December 1969

Greetings,
    I bet they do for the main website, they just didn't realize they need to set up a separate one for the DAZ Install Manager package-download site.

Bleh... Manual download it is; thankfully it's only 3 files for me.

-- Morgan

• Geminii23Geminii23 Posts: 1,327
    edited December 1969

Yeah. Been trying to login for over an hour. No luck.

• RonSRonS Posts: 299
    edited December 1969

Can't log-in here either. First it replied "Incorrect password" then a bit later it just became a server error. I sure hope their password database has not been hacked.

• DAZ_JonDAZ_Jon Posts: 582
    edited December 1969

Should all be fixed now.

• darkcrayons01darkcrayons01 Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

I'm having some issues. I've just recently heard of this program and downloaded it, but my problem is that i wont fully install. Im using the install manager and 4 out of the 9 files it tries to install say install failed.
    This error message keeps popping up.
    >
    Install Manager cannot find a required path. The installer for "GoZ for DAZ Studio 4.5+ (Win 32-bit)" requires that the installed path for "DAZ Studio 4.5 (32-bit)" be defined. Make sure that a path for this application is present on the "Applications" page of the "Settings" dialog, then try again.
    Install Manager cannot find a required path. The installer for "GoZ for DAZ Studio 4.5+ (Win 64-bit)" requires that the installed path for "DAZ Studio 4.5 (64-bit)" be defined. Make sure that a path for this application is present on the "Applications" page of the "Settings" dialog, then try again.
    Install Manager cannot find a required path. The installer for "Photoshop 3D Bridge for DAZ Studio 4.5+ (Win 32-bit)" requires that the installed path for "Photoshop CS6;CS5;CS4 (32-bit)" be defined. Make sure that a path for this application is present on the "Applications" page of the "Settings" dialog, then try again.
    Install Manager cannot find a required path. The installer for "Photoshop 3D Bridge for DAZ Studio 4.5+ (Win 64-bit)" requires that the installed path for "Photoshop CS6;CS5;CS4 (64-bit)" be defined. Make sure that a path for this application is present on the "Applications" page of the "Settings" dialog, then try again.

..... please help me out here, i just wanted to test out some character designs/ ideas.

• srieschsriesch Posts: 4,241
    edited December 1969

I'm having some issues. I've just recently heard of this program and downloaded it, but my problem is that i wont fully install. Im using the install manager and 4 out of the 9 files it tries to install say install failed.

Click on the Gear icon in the upper right corner to get to the Settings dialog, then click on the Applications tab. Make sure the paths for each of the applications listed in the error messages you saw are there and correct. If they are missing, add them (the folder that each application's executable would be in.) If you think they are correct, post a screenshot and we can help.
    For example on my PC (yours may be different) my copy of the 32-bit version of DAZ Studio is at "C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZ Studio 4".
  • darkcrayons01darkcrayons01 Posts: 2
    edited December 1969

Click on the Gear icon in the upper right corner to get to the Settings dialog, then click on the Applications tab. Make sure the paths for each of the applications listed in the error messages you saw are there and correct. If they are missing, add them (the folder that each application's executable would be in.) If you think they are correct, post a screenshot and we can help.
    For example on my PC (yours may be different) my copy of the 32-bit version of DAZ Studio is at "C:/Program Files/DAZ 3D/DAZ Studio 4".

Sorry for the late reply but, i don't know what specifically what was wrong but i tried downloading the 32 bit version without the manager and it worked fine. Now i'm just trying to get used to the program.