Is there a quicker way to select the clothing material choice while using the smart content tab?

Johnny RicoJohnny Rico Posts: 64
edited December 1969 in New Users

Hi
In the smart content tab, whenever I double click a material item it never applies to the clothing. I first have to select the wardrobe piece that I want to apply the material setting to. When I do this, it jumps out of the section I am currently in and I have to navigate back to the particular section again, find the material icon again and double click it to apply the material setting to the selected wardrobe piece.

There has to be a more efficient way to do this while using the smart content tab. Does someone know the better way?

Thanks

Comments

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hmm... you should Select the item first, then go to Smart Content. It should then list all the options for the selected item. That's the Smart in Smart content, it looks for any content usable with the item selected in the scene.

• Johnny RicoJohnny Rico Posts: 64
    edited December 1969

This makes sense, but if I open a smart content files from the smart content tab and add a wardrobe item to my genesis figure and then try to double click on a material item, the material item does not take affect to the wardrobe piece. I have to right click and select the wardrobe item first. This then boots me out of the file I was originally in and requires me to click back into the file again, find the material item and select it to apply the changes to the wardrobe item.
    I would think there would be a more efficient way to do this all at once when you are first in the smart content folder. Let me know what I'm missing.

Screenshot#1
    First, I am selecting wardrobe item by double clicking on it:

Screenshot#2
    Next, I would like to select a material item from the same smart content folder, but when I double click on the material item, nothing happens:

Screenshot#3
    To get this to work, I have to right click and select the wardrobe item, but when I do this it boots me out of the folder.

(after wardrobe item selected)

Screenshot#4
    I now have to go back into the smart content folder and find the material item and now it works, but there has to be a quicker way to do this from the smart content folder

material4.png
    984 x 566 - 107K
    material3.png
    969 x 548 - 86K
    material1.png
    840 x 548 - 98K
    wardobe1.png
    840 x 548 - 96K
    edited May 2013

Try to follow the pictures I think it explains the way pretty well. It's not a one step but much faster than what your now doing I think.
    1. I load Genesis then a item
    2. I select the item
    3. I go back to Smart and get just the items list.

EDIT Notice I'm using FILES not Products.

Capture3.png
    1920 x 1080 - 435K
    Capture2.png
    1240 x 955 - 200K
    Capture.png
    1258 x 886 - 221K
    Post edited by Jaderail on
  • LindseyLindsey Posts: 1,984
    edited December 1969

You may want to look at this DAZ video on the Smart Content tab http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1riyRFPD3UY

• Johnny RicoJohnny Rico Posts: 64
    edited December 1969

Thank you all for your help on this :)

Jaderail, I changed my layout to reflect more of how you have it set up with all my tabs on the left pane and I think this will make it more easy and efficient to do the process as you described. Thanks again.

edited December 1969

LOL!! My way may not work for all. I pretty much copied DS3 and added a few tabs.

• SiscaSisca Posts: 875
    edited December 1969

One way that might allow you to accomplish what you want is the old click, drag and hold method.

1. Load your Figure
    2. With it selected in the scene tab find your wardrobe piece (if you're using the product view you'll also see all the mats)
    3. Either double click the Wardrobe item or click, drag and drop it on your figure.
    4. You should still be in the product tab for the wardrobe item you just added so you can see all of the materials available.
    5. Find the mat you want and instead of double clicking it. Click, drag and hold it over the wardrobe item you just loaded.
    6. A popup will appear and at the bottom of it you can choose to apply to the Figure or Apply to the wardrobe item, choose the wardrobe item.

This seems to work with most things though I couldn't make it work with CoolSports for Gensis.

You can sometimes even just drag and drop the material directly onto the item and it will take.