Flash Sale alerts

Comments

• lx_2807502lx_2807502 Posts: 2,996

55% is still underwhelming and Dreamlight was 85% just the other day, but it's not that easy to ignore stonemason and zev0's catalogues...

• IppotamusIppotamus Posts: 1,579

Well if this is Black Friday for DAZ, that's a big swing and a miss for me.

Stores that have been very recently 60%-80% off are now 55% off.

OK ... ...

• L'AdairL'Adair Posts: 9,479
    lx said:

55% is still underwhelming and Dreamlight was 85% just the other day, but it's not that easy to ignore stonemason and zev0's catalogues...

Sure it is... if you're out of money. Besides, most of the things I want from Zevo are still new releases.

I wouldn't say 55% is underwhelming as much as disappointing. New releases are getting more expensive and now it appears the new standard discount for Flash Sales is going down. On the bright side, it really does make it easier to resist the impulse to buy things not already on my Wishlist. And sometimes, even then.

Maybe but since I grabbed Dreamlights Enchanted Forest Iray for 85% off the other day, even 55% is a decent enough time for me to grab the forest itself.

But yeah, once I actually added up the prices of all the things I want, 55% really isn't enough for me to be able to afford more than one or two things, so impulse wants go right back to the wishlist.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943

And FastGrab went missing ... probably not to mess up those vendor 55% sales.

• AtiAti Posts: 9,083

Question to anyone who already received today's newsletter: are we going to have more Black Friday flash sales today?

I don't have the email yet. The new day's items tend to go up between 6-7pm my time but the email doesn't arrive until 8pm-12am (dear Daz, this is annoying when the email contains information not on the storefront page.)

Kerya said:

And FastGrab went missing ... probably not to mess up those vendor 55% sales.

The banner is down, but there are still items in fastgrab: http://www.daz3d.com/fast-grab-3d-models/

Nothing new though.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    Ati said:

Question to anyone who already received today's newsletter: are we going to have more Black Friday flash sales today?

55% off rotating artist catalogues

Kerya said:
    Ati said:

55% off rotating artist catalogues

Thank you! :)

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,903

There is also a sale from Morph3D of items for the game engines: Unity and Unreal

https://www.morph3d.com/store

OH Daz owns Morph3D. I couldn't work out why there were assets I recognised on the models there. Does that mean we can have more detailed Genesis models again in future?

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,311

Dreamlight at 55% when it was 85% just a few days earlier, one wonders how many people will jump at the new discount

• Yeah, still trying to figure out what the advantages are of Morph 3D compared to Daz Studio. Allows you to basically do the same stuff, doesn't it?

Yeah, still trying to figure out what the advantages are of Morph 3D compared to Daz Studio. Allows you to basically do the same stuff, doesn't it?

Made a thread here: http://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/66629/morph3d

From what I understand it's more designed to work straight into a game engine, whereas Daz figures are a bit high poly and not really that well designed for that.

edited November 2015

Yeah, still trying to figure out what the advantages are of Morph 3D compared to Daz Studio. Allows you to basically do the same stuff, doesn't it?

If you are not writing 3D games then Morph 3D should be of little or no interest to you. If you mainly work in DS / Poser or a similar app creating still renders, then it is probably best to buy any assets you need here.

Post edited by Havos on
  • Ahhh, OK. Seems like they should really market it in that direction. It kind of comes across like they're just trying to say it's a more intuitive version of DS.

• ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,903

You can also use Daz3D assets in game engines, if you have developer licence (indie costs $500, Pro - $2000).

The advantage of Morph3D assets is that they already has licence for use in games and are better optimized for them.

Unity 3D personal licence costs nothing and you can download it and see for yourself, if it is something for you.

Personally, I like, how it handle real time rendering (60 frames per second or more) of animations of Daz3D assets,

Of course, learning curve is totally different from using of Daz Studio.

• weren't the 55% off stores suposed to rotate today? or did I read that wrong?

Havos said:

Dreamlight at 55% when it was 85% just a few days earlier, one wonders how many people will jump at the new discount

he's got a black friday 85% off coupon on his entire store (on his basic3dtraining website- not his daz store)- Now that's black friday! According to the newsletter, code is black85 if you're interested. 

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,897

I'm disappointed my well is dry for Zev0 (there are still a few things that weren't high priority that I would have liked) and Stonemason, but I suppose I'll live. And I imagine we'll have a bunch of holiday sales soon. ;)

bradrg said:

weren't the 55% off stores suposed to rotate today? or did I read that wrong?

If the rotation starts at the same time as yesterday, then we have about an hour more to wait.

• bradrg said:

weren't the 55% off stores suposed to rotate today? or did I read that wrong ...,.

Yes; but if it is like yesterday the rotatation won't start until after 9am DAZ time (MST)

• lol. For all those underwhelmed, I see Rendos black friday is a massive 35% off a purchase of at least $25. 

Ati said:

If the rotation starts at the same time as yesterday, then we have about an hour more to wait.

I assumed it would be happening every two hours from the time they listed those other stores- but you're probably right. 

bradrg said:

weren't the 55% off stores suposed to rotate today? or did I read that wrong?

Havos said:

he's got a black friday 85% off coupon on his entire store (on his basic3dtraining website- not his daz store)- Now that's black friday! According to the newsletter, code is black85 if you're interested. 

If I had wanted any of his stuff I would have got it a few days ago when you could get 85% off here. For me personally though it is a moot point, as I very rarely buy tutorials, so not much in his store that interests me.

• BradCarstenBradCarsten Posts: 856
    edited November 2015
    Havos said:

If I had wanted any of his stuff I would have got it a few days ago when you could get 85% off here. For me personally though it is a moot point, as I very rarely buy tutorials, so not much in his store that interests me.

It's a completely different set of tutorials. I think if you sell on the Daz store, you have to give them exclusive rights to those products.

Anyway, I'm definitely the opposite. I've been like a kid at Christmas with his stuff- I've bought about 6 tutorials this month already, and now have my eye on Victoria in the forest, but my bank account is seriously complaining 

Post edited by BradCarsten on
    bradrg said:

lol. For all those underwhelmed, I see Rendos black friday is a massive 35% off a purchase of at least $25. 

Ati said:

I assumed it would be happening every two hours from the time they listed those other stores- but you're probably right. 

Rendo always seems super sketchy with savings these days though. Their premium membership is ... not appealing, to say the least. Luckily they have very little that I want, especially with OOT releasing here again.

From my understanding Blink Sales are 2hrs, Flash are more like 6-8.

• SyphonapteraSyphonaptera Posts: 190
    edited November 2015

Black Friday flash sales......?  I waited for the blast sales but 55% isn't that of a blast....call me stingy ...I don't care , I am proud of it. Rotating sales? 2 days later and I am still looking at Dreamlight's sales  where obsolete non compatible useless products are offered .....Are their still that many Daz Studio 2 and 3 users??? Well , good for my bank account I guess.....  :)

Post edited by Syphonaptera on
This discussion has been closed.