Post Your Renders - #5: Yet More Hope

Comments

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

It's Howie's Beachdale in Autumn using the default camera, but with lower render settings, since I was in a hurry to go to bed. Too hot here to leave my computers on all night.

Damn straight Looks like your neck of the woods is going to get- or is getting- some thunder-boomers pretty quick!

edited December 1969

Here's a little play with Sparrowhawke's free Jiggle deformer. It's a simple walk cycle. For some reason, when I render an animated gif out of Carrara 7.2 Pro it plays like it's in slow motion. It doesn't seem to matter what the frame rate or resolution is. How does it display for you other viewers?

Doc6.gif
    640 x 480 - 4M
  • JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738
    edited December 1969

Well it shows as slow motion for me too.... which I am ok with, as I get to ah... fully appreciate the jiggle effect ;) Purely for scientific reasons, of course.

Cool animation, and Sparrowhawke's plugin looks like it works great

edited December 1969

I wanted to experiment a bit with it, and he had templates for V4 and the basic wear stuff. I really want to see what I can do with something like the Mil dragon wings, or maybe a belly on a charging triceratops.

BUt then again, working on a bikini clad model wasn't all bad. ;-)

• nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,847
    edited December 1969

Slow motion here, too.

She looks hot (comment purely for scientific reasons.)

edited December 1969

nDelphi said:
    Slow motion here, too.

She looks hot (comment purely for scientific reasons.)

I should experiment some more for scientific reasons- with getting the gifs to play back correctly. Does anybody else have this issue when rendering directly to an animated gif?

• VarselVarsel Posts: 574
    edited December 1969

Early Morning at DAZ3D branch office in the Maldive Islands.

Was working with the ArchiTools-plugin, and here is what I made.

Doc2.jpg
    750 x 1000 - 329K
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,224
    edited December 1969

Jonstark said:
    Well it shows as slow motion for me too.... which I am ok with, as I get to ah... fully appreciate the jiggle effect ;) Purely for scientific reasons, of course.

Cool animation, and Sparrowhawke's plugin looks like it works greatAgreed. And, of course... for scientific reasons, entirely ;)

Early Morning at DAZ3D branch office in the Maldive Islands.

Was working with the ArchiTools-plugin, and here is what I made.

Yes! If you look to the far right, the window just below the horizon, right in the corner. See it? Fourth floor window? That's my office! I asked Kevin, since I've built a nice, eight core workstation, if I could move to the eighth floor. I still haven't got a response. There's a problem with never, ever being serious... nobody ever expects that you are, one day :(

That's okay, though - as my office has a Kuerig, which I refer to as my Carrara Café! :)

Very nice model, Varsel... Love it!

• JonstarkJonstark Posts: 2,738
    edited December 1969

Awesome work with Architools, Varsel. You make me want to break it out and start playing again :)

edited December 1969

...and make me want to go out and buy it! :)

• VarselVarsel Posts: 574
    edited December 1969

You should, it's a fun tool.

I uploaded this building to ShareCG. Had to remove the logo off course.
    I also had to remove the doors, but they available at http://www.inagoni.com for free.

There are no restriction on this model. Use it for what ever you want.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/71762/browse/5/3D-Model/CorporateBuilding

• ringo monfortringo monfort Posts: 945
    edited December 1969

Adding new life to this scene with Photometric lights and new shaders and indirect lighting.

PhotometricLights3.jpg
    800 x 600 - 127K
  • kakmankakman Posts: 225
    edited December 1969

Adding new life to this scene with Photometric lights and new shaders and indirect lighting.

RM,

That is fantastic!

• nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,847
    edited December 1969

Varsel said:

You should, it's a fun tool.

I uploaded this building to ShareCG. Had to remove the logo off course.
    I also had to remove the doors, but they available at http://www.inagoni.com for free.

There are no restriction on this model. Use it for what ever you want.

http://www.sharecg.com/v/71762/browse/5/3D-Model/CorporateBuilding

Thanks. I want to see Architools handy work. As I am thinking about purchasing it in the near future.

edited December 1969

update with stronger Indirect lighting setting still using Photometric lights

PhotometricLights4.jpg
    1000 x 750 - 231K
  • kakmankakman Posts: 225
    edited September 2013

Another stunning render - I like them both as they evoke different moods.

Post edited by kakman on
    edited December 1969

kakman said:

Another stunning render - I like them both as they evoke different moods.

Thank you!

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

just for fun :-)

1_J.jpg
    940 x 705 - 202K
    edited December 1969

update with stronger Indirect lighting setting still using Photometric lightsWow!
    I love it!

...and Fun it is! Very cool - as always!
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

update with stronger Indirect lighting setting still using Photometric lightsWow!
    I love it!

...and Fun it is! Very cool - as always!

thank you - got to keep up with u :-)

• GarethGareth Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Working on a new scene using modified models i made for the paradise lost and found challenge, it's still in the work-in-progress stage, but it's (slowly) coming together. The full render will be up soon... hopefully..

Red_Riding_Hood_WIP_002.JPG
    1302 x 735 - 135K
    Red_Riding_Hood_WIP_003.JPG
    1301 x 734 - 118K
    edited December 1969

The Girl 6 rendered in Carrara 8.5 Pro using Carrara Shaders for everything, HDRI, Global Illumination, Indirect Lighting, Sub-Surface-Scattering, raytrace soft shadows etc.

TheGirl6SFSiren.jpg
    800 x 1115 - 271K
    edited December 1969

The Girl 6 rendered in Carrara 8.5 Pro using Carrara Shaders for everything, HDRI, Global Illumination, Indirect Lighting, Sub-Surface-Scattering, raytrace soft shadows etc.

Really nice job on the eyes and skin. Not a huge fan of the background.

edited December 1969

Really nice job on the eyes and skin. Not a huge fan of the background.

Thanks Evilproducer ;-)

The SF Siren Outfit also needed the shaders to be reworked. I will for a different back ground. ;)

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470
    edited December 1969

Here's a little play with Sparrowhawke's free Jiggle deformer. It's a simple walk cycle. For some reason, when I render an animated gif out of Carrara 7.2 Pro it plays like it's in slow motion. It doesn't seem to matter what the frame rate or resolution is. How does it display for you other viewers?

I've been using this little Java app, called GifApp (link) It's out of SourceForge, and if your render to an uncompressed AVI, you just pull it in, and you can adjust timing and other stuff for the animated gif. It's an extra step, but it may be worth it, if your having problems. There is no install, it just runs on demand.

edited December 1969

Thanks for the link! Unfortunately it's not for my platform and OS. I should actually check Photoshop and the other stuff that came bundled, such as Image Ready.

• edited December 1969

Whew! :cheese:

Just dropping in to let everyone know I'm still alive!

I brought a little Carrara to Blender (...for the cloth, it still needs some work though... it's a bit "crinkly" looking.) and back again experiment I performed today.

Blendercloth-1edited.png
    313 x 794 - 188K
    edited December 1969

Koukotsu said:
    Whew! :cheese:

Just dropping in to let everyone know I'm still alive!

I brought a little Carrara to Blender (...for the cloth, it still needs some work though... it's a bit "crinkly" looking.) and back again experiment I performed today.

Your biggest fan has been missing you!
    Hey, what did you mean about the cloth in blender, by the way? Care to elaborate a bit?
    Welcome Home, kiddo!
  • edited September 2013

Your biggest fan has been missing you!
    Hey, what did you mean about the cloth in blender, by the way? Care to elaborate a bit?
    Welcome Home, kiddo!

Hi there ;-)

I used Blender to transform the dress from a conforming poser cr2 to a dynamically draped one by exporting it (Along with a separate Aiko .obj to drape it on.) as an .obj, "clothifying" it in Blender and sending it back to Carrara as an .obj file yet again.

Today is the first day the idea ever dawned on me, I plan on experimenting with the concept quite thoroughly in the next few days though.

It's good to be back, I think I'll try to not disappear without a trace for months at a time now, lol.

Post edited by K0daKumi_8e8836aac0 on
    edited December 1969

Sweet! I really enjoy your rendering style - as you know :)
    So, do you think that Aiko, for sake of example, could be easily animated once inside Blender? Just curious.
    I have the latest Blender but haven't had any time to try anything in it. Gorgeous interface, though!