Post Your Renders - #5: Yet More Hope

GarstorGarstor Posts: 1,411
edited April 2013 in Carrara Discussion

New Hope is here

As promised, I got back into Carrara for some rendering fun. I love going back to the Cheirocrates model -- I am looking forward to using the new Bridge Of Cheirocrates in the very near future.

In addition to Cheirocrates, this uses PhilW's cloud dome plus Lisa's Botanicals palm trees and papyrus plants. The terrains are Carrara defaults.

desert_render_4.png
900 x 675 - 783K
Post edited by Garstor on

Comments

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited April 2013

Looks really good so far! Try going into the Sunlight's effects tab and select Lens Flare. There is a preset in the editor under the pull down menu called Desert Sun you may like!

Post edited by evilproducer on
  • GarstorGarstor Posts: 1,411
    edited December 1969

Looks really good so far! Try going into the Sunlight's effects tab and select Lens Flare. There is a preset in the editor under the pull down menu called Desert Sun you may like!

Nice! Automatic thread rollover. :-)

I have rendered a widescreen version with improved render settings but now I think I'll hold off on that and add in the lens flare you suggested!

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

You can change the title by using the edit screen on the first post.

edited December 1969

chohole said:

It wasn't an automatic rollover? The uber-powerful admins closed the frightenly large thread? ;-)

Then perhaps a new title is indeed in order.

edited December 1969

Widescreen version with the lens flare suggestion from evilproducer. By expanding the confines of the scene, I have exposed the edge to the Cheirocrates model and also have several empty planters visible. Working on a correction to that which will get uploaded to my Flickr set.

desert_render_6.png
    1600 x 900 - 2M
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,193
    edited December 1969

Ditto Dat! Nice render Gars-Man! That's what I like to do - buy a bunch of stuff, put it a scene and arrange it - maybe add some presets from the big C... aim the camera. ;-)
    Carrara can be such that one can create everything in the scene by ones self - without the added help from purchased content. But why pass by deals like that - especially by folks like us with little time and solid ambition to make a dog gone render, eh? I'd far rather render Jack's Cheirocrates than try to make it myself. I'll make something that I cannot find... but Lisa and Jack and the rest do such a great job for such a great deal... I'm in! Thank you PC Membership bennies!
    edited December 1969

Garstor said:
    Widescreen version with the lens flare suggestion from evilproducer. By expanding the confines of the scene, I have exposed the edge to the Cheirocrates model and also have several empty planters visible. Working on a correction to that which will get uploaded to my Flickr set.

Lookin' good! From what I read in the product description, the set is modular, so you should be able to load in an appropriate section to extend the set off camera.

edited December 1969

Garstor said:

Lookin' good! From what I read in the product description, the set is modular, so you should be able to load in an appropriate section to extend the set off camera.

I also meant to say it evokes a bit of the fantastical side of the Arabian Nights. Not just the structures, but the design of the oasis and sky as well.

edited December 1969

I also meant to say it evokes a bit of the fantastical side of the Arabian Nights. Not just the structures, but the design of the oasis and sky as well.

Yep, it is modular...in a linear fashion. I used 2 tower modules with 2 street modules between them and then 1 more street module on the far side of the towers. If my Photoshop kung-fu was better, I'd try to convert the street object into T-intersection (not sure if that would be cause for Jack to sic lawyers on me or not either).

I'm debating putting V4 into the scene somewhere. The other thing I might do is remove the papyrus plants from the oasis and create a new distribution map for them so that they remain around the water edge.

• de3ande3an Posts: 915
    edited December 1969

Garstor said:
    chohole said:

It wasn't an automatic rollover? The uber-powerful admins closed the frightenly large thread? ;-)

I was going to call it Post Your Renders - #5 is alive!
    (a "Short Circuit" reference.)
    But the new thread was created without warning. :-(

edited April 2013

de3an said:
    Garstor said:
    chohole said:

Cute, and totally 80's!

Here's a render of the scene I've been working on with actual characters in it.

I call it: How Embarrassing!

How_Embarrassing.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 2M
    Post edited by evilproducer on
    edited December 1969

de3an said:

Oh man! That brings back some disturbing memories...well, 100 pages later, I'll be sure to give you the #6 movie pun...

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Garstor, if you edit your first post you can change the title.

• de3ande3an Posts: 915
    edited December 1969

Garstor said:
    de3an said:

Oh man! That brings back some disturbing memories...well, 100 pages later, I'll be sure to give you the #6 movie pun...

Well, let's see... #6: The Return of the Renders, or maybe The Undiscovered Renders? :lol:

(By the way, I liked Short Circuit!)

edited December 1969

de3an said:
    Well, let's see... #6: The Return of the Renders, or maybe The Undiscovered Renders? :lol:

I like those suggestions.

By the way, I liked Short Circuit!

Alright...I confess...I rather liked it too. Ally Sheedy was kinda cute! And what geek teen wasn't enthralled that a bolt of lightning could instill artificial intelligence? I think we can agree though that Short Circuit 2 was indeed an abomination that should never have seen the light of day! ;)

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

4 Stan - you know ;-)

4_2213.jpg
    800 x 800 - 428K
  • TotteTotte Posts: 13,497
    edited December 1969

Been dabbling a little with Carrara again (thanks to Phils CDs). Here is a render I did just to see how this OpenBlitz would work i Carrara,

germanfall_s.jpg
    1200 x 867 - 370K
    edited December 1969

Nice stuff since the last time I posted!

Here's another angle of my village scene with a couple extra items thrown in.

Fantasy_Camp.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 2M
  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,922
    edited December 1969

Garstor et Evilproducer - thanks for your kind comments on my last picture.
    Interestingly, I just received a complaint from another member via PM about the content of my work being disturbing.

edited December 1969

Nice stuff since the last time I posted!

Here's another angle of my village scene with a couple extra items thrown in.

Evil, that's the best one yet, wonderful lighting and a sense of mood. I'm waiting for some to step out of those tents and into the picture!

edited December 1969

Garstor said:

Great 'shot' Garstor - it's like a shot from an opening scene from a Poirot movie - only better ;)

edited December 1969

head wax said:
    Interestingly, I just received a complaint from another member via PM about the content of my work being disturbing.

Well, I guess it is disturbing -- but that shouldn't be a complaint. Your work invokes a passionate response. Some people are uncomfortable with that. I like experiencing that from time to time as it makes some and reassess a few things about their lives.

edited December 1969

head wax said:
    Great 'shot' Garstor - it's like a shot from an opening scene from a Poirot movie - only better ;)

Thank-you very kindly! A shared the image with a few people at work. One colleague made it her desktop wallpaper and told me that someone in the office asked if it was "taken in Dubai."

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

Garstor said:
    head wax said:

Well, I guess it is disturbing -- but that shouldn't be a complaint. Your work invokes a passionate response. Some people are uncomfortable with that. I like experiencing that from time to time as it makes some and reassess a few things about their lives.

really :roll:

edited December 1969

Sorry, I must agree with bigh on this one...
    Really?

edited December 1969

Totte, bigh, Evil and the Gars-Man...
    Cool renders!

I guess I missed a quite a bit amongst the chaos of my life, as I totally missed Head Wax and Rianna's renders... I'm sure more.. so I've have to o back a bit when I can. Good to see a Rianna render in there again, same with bigh!
    Cool on that!

edited December 1969

Sorry, I must agree with bigh on this one...Really?

Obvious Man is obvious?

Sure...it is an obvious observation. Experience in these forums have shown that some don't pick up on that though. There! Justified! ;-)

Want something more subtle?

I thought it was extremely cool that headwax creates a Carrara scene and then uses that as inspiration for his art in other mediums.

His art is still not disturbing to me in the sense of a "complaint" though.

edited April 2013

Not so much a render... but this got shot as the film was rolling and I messed up my lines.
    Glad that everybody could get a good chuckle at my expense. :blank:

Doc3.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 773K
    Post edited by Dartanbeck on
    edited December 1969

Not so much a render... but this got shot as the film was rolling and I messed up my lines.
    Glad that everybody could get a good chuckle at my expense. :blank:

That is a dangerous looking "chuckle" just behind Rosie...

Hopefully, on my (too) short vacation to Canada, I'll have some time to play with the dragons in Carrara. Haven't really touched those props before.

• wetcircuitwetcircuit Posts: 0
    edited April 2013

Working on some hair.

style5c-300.gif
    300 x 300 - 2M
    Post edited by wetcircuit on