Audubon's Birthday Sale Continues at 30% New Items and Back Catalog Sale (Commercial)

Comments

• Mustakettu85Mustakettu85 Posts: 2,933
    edited December 1969

Hello everyone,

Birds are awesome!! You don't get to see a variety of them where I live (a giant city), but the more memorable the event is.

I have a question... I'm looking at this - http://www.daz3d.com/songbird-remix-corvus-corvus/ - is this a standalone product or do I need to buy the Songbird Remix for the ravens to work?

• Songbird ReMixSongbird ReMix Posts: 289
    edited April 2013

Hello everyone,

Birds are awesome!! You don't get to see a variety of them where I live (a giant city), but the more memorable the event is.

I have a question... I'm looking at this - http://www.daz3d.com/songbird-remix-corvus-corvus/ - is this a standalone product or do I need to buy the Songbird Remix for the ravens to work?

Corvus corvus is a standalone product and specifically designed to introduce new customers to my Songbird Remix flock. The crows and ravens use the base Songbird model (which is included), that allows some of the Songbird Remix freebies I have on my website will work (songbirdremix.com) like some additional bird characters and Mimic capability

Post edited by Songbird ReMix on
  • Mustakettu85Mustakettu85 Posts: 2,933
    edited December 1969

Corvus corvus is a standalone product and specifically designed to introduce new customers to my Songbird Remix flock. The crows and ravens use the base Songbird model (which is included), that allows some of the Songbird Remix freebies I have on my website will work (songbirdremix.com) like some additional bird characters and Mimic capability

Thanks a lot for replying! That's nice to know =)

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

Novica said:
    Ken, I think the vouchers depend on what you bought- ...

I can confirm that - I received a $2 coupon for purchasing Corvus Corvus, and a $5 coupon for purchasing Vultures 2.

So, of course, I'll have to make two more purchases to use them both... Those folks at DAZ3D aren't stupid. ;-)

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 1969

Ohi' a' hihua is a gorgeous flowering tree if you don't have it- birds will look splendid in it! :)
    Cathie

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited April 2013

Well, I did look all the way to the end of the list, and picked up Safari Camp... Maybe I'll use the other coupon on Ohi’ a’ hihua (tomorrow, so my credit card issuer doesn't ask whether I made two purchases at the same online store on the same day) so they'll have something to set up camp beside, or maybe something else will catch my eye.

Post edited by robkelk on
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited April 2013

I apologize in advance, I am in a rush out the door- but may have found a possible problem for people checking their Product Library to see if they have bought something already-

In the store, the image says Hummingbirds of the World- BUT THE CAPTION GETS CUT OFF and says "Hummingbirds of the ......"
    So people are going to assume it is "of the world." Right? So I go into P.Library and type that, nothing comes up.

When I type in Songbird Remix Hummingbirds- up comes the "of the world" image but in the Product Library it is Songbird ReMix Hummingbirds of the Americas Bundle.

EDIT: but when I click on the image in the store, it IS the Americas Bundle. So I guess people just need to be aware that the full title is cut off, and not go look for "of the world." Check to see if you have the Americas Bundle.

Post edited by Novica on
  • AndyBerlinAndyBerlin Posts: 73
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the generous sale!
    I have two questions regarding your new bundles, because they will be added to the Fun with Bundles list and I want to make the right entries.

1. Is the CawCaw pose from Corvus Corvus new or was it also part of one of your other products?
    2. Is the Bonus Hair Flower for Hula with 5 colors by Ryverthorn included in The Big Kahuna Bundle?

Thanks
    Andy

• BagletBaglet Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Hoping to see some interesting birds next week. Tomorrow we will probably stop at the Bay de Somme. Nothing to do with the famous battle but a motorway services with waterways for birds. It's near a large sanctuary and they have kepts a large area of water and reed beds for birds. Last year the windmill generator was covered in migrating swallows.

swallows.jpg
    515 x 413 - 40K
  • SaiyanessSaiyaness Posts: 715
    edited April 2013

Picked up Vultures 2 and the Crow and Raven bundle! Looking forward to having a play! The Vultures look amazing!!

Other than Ken's generous freebies, which I haven't checked out yet, has anybody else done textures for any of his models?

Post edited by Saiyaness on
    edited December 1969

Thanks for the generous sale!
    I have two questions regarding your new bundles, because they will be added to the Fun with Bundles list and I want to make the right entries.

1. Is the CawCaw pose from Corvus Corvus new or was it also part of one of your other products?
    2. Is the Bonus Hair Flower for Hula with 5 colors by Ryverthorn included in The Big Kahuna Bundle?

Thanks
    Andy

Answers :)

1. the Caw poses is slightly different-- you can use majority of the songbird poses with the raven/crow set since it uses the songbird model pose.
    2. I'm not sure if the Hair flower is packaged with the "Big Kahuna" bundle. I'm guessing no since I called out each individual set rather than the Royal Hawaiian and Hula bundles.

Picked up Vultures 2 and the Crow and Raven bundle! Looking forward to having a play! The Vultures look amazing!!

Other than Ken's generous freebies, which I haven't checked out yet, has anybody else done textures for any of his models?

Thanks... someone did a few free textures a long time ago-- but I don't think they are posted anywhere any more. I do have a number of textures on my website downloads.

If you're looking for a special bird-- the best place to figure out if I've made it yet is my Bird Wiki

I also put out a monthly enewsletter that tells what I'm up to, what the latest updates are, and environmental news about birds.

I also have a Facebook Songbird Remix site that I often post images and news on.

edited December 1969

As promised... there's now a free animated flight pose in my download section. There's also a small fix to the Roseate Spoonbill in Shorebirds1.

• xmasrose (aka tulipe)xmasrose (aka tulipe) Posts: 1,403
    edited December 1969

Thank you very much for your freebies!

I got the Flock formations and the Hummingbirds and maybe more later on. Great birds!

My first image with the flock formations (Gulls) :

12_dreaming_04b+flock_formation3-800×600-sm.jpg
    474 x 608 - 102K
    edited December 1969

xmasrose said:

I got the Flock formations and the Hummingbirds and maybe more later on. Great birds!

Beautiful work :)

I'll use this moment to share to my Flock Formations YouTube Video which shows all the formations animated in Poser and DAZ Studio. Background music is written and performed by my sister (Kristen Black Band).

Another fun video is my Elegant Swan Car with yours truly playing the midi keyboard.

• ryverthornryverthorn Posts: 200
    edited December 1969

xmasrose said:

Beautiful work :)

I'll use this moment to share to my Flock Formations YouTube Video which shows all the formations animated in Poser and DAZ Studio. Background music is written and performed by my sister (Kristen Black Band).

Another fun video is my Elegant Swan Car with yours truly playing the midi keyboard.

I love that swan car! It's so unusual :)

• IceScribeIceScribe Posts: 690
    edited December 1969

Thank you for the sale, Ken, and the contribution to Audubon. I'm on a budget, but that made it easier to pick up a couple of your birds with an easy conscience.

When we first moved to the foothills of Southern California, one of the "wants" we gave our realtor was lots of birds. He delivered! In spring, the canyon walls ring with birdsong. We do not use chemical sprays, and we don't have a lawn. Day before yesterday, my husband saw the first roadrunner in a long time. We also have the turkey vultures. There are lots of critters, and we keep our lot to fire regs, but also with shelter and shade and some fruit bearing trees like elderberry and mulberry and pomegranate. Before mandatory grass cutting, we let the native flowers grow, as insectaries, and it is so lush after the rains.I love to hear the thrashers and finches dueling out their arias! We get a lot of birds in migration that I don't know the names of. The ones that stay include phainopela, towees, quail, all kinds of finches, hummers, titmice, and scrub jays, mockers, ravens and crows, a couple of kinds of hawks and owls. We feel so lucky. Never know who we will meet every morning!

edited December 1969

IceScribe said:
    Thank you for the sale, Ken, and the contribution to Audubon. I'm on a budget, but that made it easier to pick up a couple of your birds with an easy conscience.

When we first moved to the foothills of Southern California, one of the "wants" we gave our realtor was lots of birds. He delivered! In spring, the canyon walls ring with birdsong. We do not use chemical sprays, and we don't have a lawn. Day before yesterday, my husband saw the first roadrunner in a long time. We also have the turkey vultures. There are lots of critters, and we keep our lot to fire regs, but also with shelter and shade and some fruit bearing trees like elderberry and mulberry and pomegranate. Before mandatory grass cutting, we let the native flowers grow, as insectaries, and it is so lush after the rains.I love to hear the thrashers and finches dueling out their arias! We get a lot of birds in migration that I don't know the names of. The ones that stay include phainopela, towees, quail, all kinds of finches, hummers, titmice, and scrub jays, mockers, ravens and crows, a couple of kinds of hawks and owls. We feel so lucky. Never know who we will meet every morning!

Thanks, of course being also a Southern Californian, we get many of the same birds.

I drag this video out every year for the sale... but it's fun...

it's a few of the birds found in our yard...

Birds of Quail Hollow

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

Does anyone know if "Songbird Remix" and "Songbird Remix Upgrade" are the same product? They both have the same description and the same promo pics. I do not want to buy both if I only need one or the other. I am guessing I also need "Songbird" for either one of them to work.

edited December 1969

Ledhead said:
    Does anyone know if "Songbird Remix" and "Songbird Remix Upgrade" are the same product? They both have the same description and the same promo pics. I do not want to buy both if I only need one or the other. I am guessing I also need "Songbird" for either one of them to work.

They are exactly the same product... the difference is that the upgrade version requires the DAZ Songbird product.
    If you end up getting Songbird Remix be sure to visit SongbirdReMix.com and check out the download section-- there's lots of extra goodies there.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,168
    edited December 1969

Thanks so much for this sale, Ken - I picked up the "Mostly Parrots" bundle yesterday and just got the chance to play - nothing special render-wise, but I love your birds (I have 13 of your sets now, and hope to pick up more!) so wanted to post something here...

Parrot-Flock.jpg
    1024 x 768 - 480K
    edited December 1969

Nice work! it looks like you've created a worthy candidate for my annual contest ...and thank-you for supporting my bird series and Audubon.

The 50% off sale will wrap up tomorrow and the new items will return to 30% off for their 2-week introduction run. Thank-you to everyone

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,214
    edited December 1969

MelanieL said:
    Thanks so much for this sale, Ken - I picked up the "Mostly Parrots" bundle yesterday and just got the chance to play - nothing special render-wise, but I love your birds (I have 13 of your sets now, and hope to pick up more!) so wanted to post something here...

That is nice, Melanie! Is that set in the Enchanted Forest?
  • ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

I just purchased 4 bird bundles that contain 15 sets. I am considering purchasing the other 5 bird bundles while on sale, but not sure if I should spend that much at this time. I think I will see how I like the ones I have now and there will always be another sale. Thank you Ken for your beautiful work.

edited December 1969

Ledhead said:
    I just purchased 4 bird bundles that contain 15 sets. I am considering purchasing the other 5 bird bundles while on sale, but not sure if I should spend that much at this time. I think I will see how I like the ones I have now and there will always be another sale. Thank you Ken for your beautiful work.

Wow, thank-you. If you are new to Songbird Remix, be sure to visit SongbirdReMix.com and look at the Download section... there were a few last minute updates and lots of freebies.

Yes, there will be other sales... I do two big sales a year-- the PA sale in the Fall and this one for Audubon's Birthday.

Thank-you again for your support.

• Digital Lite DesignDigital Lite Design Posts: 728
    edited April 2013

Grabbed the Songbird ReMix: Vultures 2 set. :) This is the Greater Yellow-Headed Vulture.

Edited to fix render.

vulture_dinner6.jpg
    1080 x 729 - 446K
    Post edited by Digital Lite Design on
    edited April 2013

Now that we're winding down to the last day of my Audubon's Birthday Sale and hopefully have a few more new bird fans, if seems a good time to share some things what birds do for us.

Better than I can say it, Audubon has a great article called "What do Birds Do for Us?"

and if you can feel reciprocal... "10 things you can do for Birds"

and if your embarrassed to say you'd like to see these birds for real (become a birder), don't be because you're not alone... birding is one of the world's favorite pastimes, only surpassed by gardening. Almost 50 million Americans are birders (conservatively defined as having taken a trip a mile or more from home for the primary purpose of observing and identifying birds or tried to identify birds around the home—USFWS survey).

An estimated 75% of households in Britain provide food for birds at some point during the winter making bird feeding in Britain a multi-million dollar business. US Birders spend $3.1 billion on food for birds; $733 million on bird houses and feeders; $2.6 billion on cameras and associated photographic equipment; $507 million on binoculars and spotting scopes and creates almost 1,000,000 jobs in the US. (USFWS 2001).

As artists, one reason I mention all of this is that there is a huge market for bird oriented products. Not that I want more competition, it my art on Café Press, Red Bubble and Zazzle products does pretty well. My Coffee Mugs and Shower Curtains are the most popular.

The combined value of 17 different ecosystem services that birds provide - such as pollination and water catchment - is estimated between $16- 54 trillion per year worldwide, which is around twice the entire world's Gross National Product. In the last 50 years, bird populations around the world have dropped 60-90%.

Post edited by Songbird ReMix on
  • WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Great sale! Grabbed some hummingbirds, Hawaiian birds, and I just had to get an ostrich at the same time (heh). :red: :red:

• LycanthropeXLycanthropeX Posts: 2,287
    edited December 1969

was just having a look through your store Ken.... looking at Birds of Legend, i was thinking you could so a version 2 of this set, I'd suggest a Roc :)

edited December 1969

Great sale! Grabbed some hummingbirds, Hawaiian birds, and I just had to get an ostrich at the same time (heh). :red: :red:

The Hawaiian set is one of my personal favorites. If you ever get a chance to go to the "Big Island"... be sure to visit the Hakalua Forest National Wildlife Refuge". It one of the only places left to see most of those birds for real. Hawai'i Forest & Trail is the only vendor licensed to go in.

was just having a look through your store Ken.... looking at Birds of Legend, i was thinking you could so a version 2 of this set, I'd suggest a Roc :)

I thought about the Roc as a candidate for the original, but most real-life counterparts were just simply an enormous bird-- usually a hawk, eagle or raven. I think Middle-eastern folklore as the Roc as a white hawk whereas Native American's have it as a huge raven. If I could find enough other candidates, I'm not opposed to doing a second Birds of Legend.

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

The Hawaiian set is one of my personal favorites. If you ever get a chance to go to the "Big Island"... be sure to visit the Hakalua Forest National Wildlife Refuge". It one of the only places left to see most of those birds for real. Hawai'i Forest & Trail is the only vendor licensed to go in..

If I ever get to Hawaii, I'll make a point of visiting the refuge! Thanks for the suggestion! :)