Audubon's Birthday Sale Continues at 30% New Items and Back Catalog Sale (Commercial)

Comments

• Songbird ReMixSongbird ReMix Posts: 289
    edited April 2013

Thanks KickAir 8P :)

Songbird Remix Vultures2, A Bird in the Hand (paired bird/human poses), Corvus corvus (Crow/Raven bundle) and the Big Kahuna Bundle are here for my annual Audubon's Birthday Charity Sale.

My annual Audubon's Birthday sale donates 25% (or more) of the sale's proceeds to the protection of endangered bird species by using programs such as Audubon California's "5 Dollars, 5 Birds". That's means, with almost every purchase, you will be saving a least one endangered Tri-colored Blackbird as seen in the "Field of Birds" YouTube video.

The New Releases and my entire catalog are 50% off. The sale lasts April 25-29

Audubon.JPG
    1000 x 325 - 86K
    Post edited by Songbird ReMix on
  • SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Man that Field of Birds vid moved me to the point of tears...it really is a shame that nore poeple around the world can't see what is happening to our planet..and I don't mean global warming.

edited December 1969

...]you will be saving a least one endangered Tri-colored Blackbird as seen in the "Field of Birds" YouTube video.

Man that Field of Birds vid moved me to the point of tears...it really is a shame that nore poeple around the world can't see what is happening to our planet..and I don't mean global warming.

It gets me every time too. I drag it out every at this time because it says better than I can why I create all these birds, even the little brown or gray non-descript ones. It's in hopes that someone will read my Field Guides and champion that bird-- because as the "Field of Birds" video says "Is it acceptable for a small species like the Tri-colored Blackbird to vanish? What about two such species? Or three? When do we decide the world will not be the same without them?"

edited December 1969

Not completely what I wanted but due to LuxRender taking so long to render on my machine I can't do much in the way of testing.

No postwork apart from the white border. I am going to do some like adding some hard fuzz and sort out the branch joint nodes. But I ma fairly happy with how it came out.

d25b_copy.jpg
    1120 x 638 - 334K
  • SaiyanessSaiyaness Posts: 715
    edited December 1969

Awesome!!! I'd love to see more renders of the vultures and crows/and or ravens!! They look amazing!!

That's an excellent render, Szark. It really shows the awesome detail Ken has put into them. I'm really keen to see how they look with different rendering styles and programs.

I missed that whole thread a while back with Ken's competition so I didn't get to see what people done with his birds. I might go back and have a browse.... :)

• meghanmeghan Posts: 79
    edited December 1969

Ken, your birds are all lovely! And so important in the real world :)

On to a question that I can't find information on: Are the textures for the original songbird remix base model compatible with SBRM2 and SBRM3? Or are the 3 songbird base models each incompatible? If the information is available, I apologize for somehow missing it, but can someone please point me to it?

edited December 1969

Saiyaness said:
    Awesome!!! I'd love to see more renders of the vultures and crows/and or ravens!! They look amazing!!

That's an excellent render, Szark. It really shows the awesome detail Ken has put into them. I'm really keen to see how they look with different rendering styles and programs.

I missed that whole thread a while back with Ken's competition so I didn't get to see what people done with his birds. I might go back and have a browse.... :)

It is a nice render, Szark :)

I'll throw out a links...

- Songbird Remix Freebie Section on my website.... if you have the base Songbird Remix set, there's over 30 additional free birds you can get.

-The Songbird Remix Bird Wiki... every bird I've created with an no post work image and details about the bird.

-The Open Rendering Season Content Award Winners Gallery.... See what other Artist's have done with Songbird ReMix birds. Here's my Rendo Gallery, too.

-My Animation Gallery. See many of my products animated including The Elegant Swan, Flock Formations, Hanging Gardens of Nimrud, Grane, Ostriches, Motherhood, Vultures, and others.

edited April 2013

meghan said:
    Ken, your birds are all lovely! And so important in the real world :)

On to a question that I can't find information on: Are the textures for the original songbird remix base model compatible with SBRM2 and SBRM3? Or are the 3 songbird base models each incompatible? If the information is available, I apologize for somehow missing it, but can someone please point me to it?

All Songbird Remix3 models ARE compatible with earlier versions. I went to great lengths to make sure the early textures still match up. All my updates from Version 1 (10 years ago) to Version 2 (7 years ago) to Version 3 (last year) are FREE. I strongly suggest deleting the V1 and V2 .cr2-- they are obsolete. I think most of the Bird Bases carry a "3" on the icon now. What is not compatible with Songbird Remix is the DAZ Songbird.

DAZ is still in the process of updating my entire SBRM library into DIM format. They're rushing to get this done as soon as possible. It very possible that a product purchased today, may have an update tomorrow. I also have the latest updates in my download section at SongbirdRemix.com as well as lots of freebies.

This weekend I will post a generic "realistic" wing flap animation pose for the base SBRM file as a perk for this sale. And again, I can't say this enough-- I will be donating at least 25% of my sales to Audubon for the protection and conservation of wild birds.

• Flint_HawkFlint_Hawk Posts: 8
    edited December 1969

Ken's new vultures and his poses are fantastic! Here are a few of my renders!

Fairytales_And_Feathers.jpg
    799 x 617 - 149K
    Wings_Against_The_Sky.jpg
    799 x 799 - 143K
    Messenger_Of_The_Gods.jpg
    799 x 617 - 96K
  • Thadeus72Thadeus72 Posts: 408
    edited December 1969

wow wonderful !

and thanks for the poses ken , very useful !

• IndigoJansonIndigoJanson Posts: 1,100
    edited December 1969

Love seeing all these renders! I've had a good time admiring all of Ken's work here and in his gallery this afternoon, and now Flint Hawk, thadeus is right with "wow", such amazing bird art. That last one with the girl and the bird is so very lovely, it's enchanting in every way. I only hope one day I can produce something a fraction as good as this.

• BagletBaglet Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I now have all the vultures and can set them drifting on the air streams.

Many sad bird stories here in the UK. The storms have caused big losses to seabird colonies in Scotland. Many Puffins were killed, thrown against the cliffs by high winds. We've also had more sticky goo over seabirds on the south coast - it's something called PIB that gets flushed out of ships. Some have been saved and cleaned up.

Puffins

PIB seabirds

• anikadanikad Posts: 1,919
    edited December 1969

Wow, these are all so lovely. I need to wait until closer to pay day. Despite my best efforts this has been an expensive month.

edited April 2013

Thank-you for the comments and support everyone.

Great images, FlintHawk :)

Baglet said:
    Many sad bird stories here in the UK. The storms have caused big losses to seabird colonies in Scotland. Many Puffins were killed, thrown against the cliffs by high winds. We've also had more sticky goo over seabirds on the south coast - it's something called PIB that gets flushed out of ships. Some have been saved and cleaned up.

Puffins

PIB seabirds

Unfortunately there are sad stories everywhere... in the last 40 years, the US has lost 60-90% of it's bird populations. Birds are considered the bellwether for health of our planet so it doesn't speak well for our survival either.

Wow, these are all so lovely. I need to wait until closer to pay day. Despite my best efforts this has been an expensive month.

The sale goes from now, April 25 until April 29... hopefully that's close enough to the end of the month. My 4 new items will continue to be on sale for their 2 weeks introduction (May 8)

edited December 1969

Soap box time

Far as I am concerned losing any species of wildlife due to human activity is unacceptable. I will defer to Agent Smith in the Matrix were he categorises the human race as a virus and I would have to agree. Where I live is a barren landscape of concrete and trampolines and our garden is like an oasis for wildlife which the wife and I have made over the last 18 years. I don't use any chemicals, if a plant dies then it dies. I constantly feed the birds and hedgehogs. I have a number of log piles and houses for insects, plants for nectar feeding insects like bees, hover flies, moth and butterflies and it is only 30 sq feet in size. I also have a pond where all the wildlife can drink from or bathe in safety.

• agent unawaresagent unawares Posts: 3,513
    edited December 1969

Szark said:
    Soap box time

Far as I am concerned losing any species of wildlife due to human activity is unacceptable.

Soap box time: Animals driving animals to extinction is nothing new and entirely according to 'natural law.' We're not the only species that will destroy another, we're not the only species that is currently destroying another, we're just the only one that thinks about it.

As far as the rest of your post, I agree with the sentiment. It's nice to see humans coexisting with other creatures even in the middle of a city. It's wonderful to run across such a place in the middle of a city. And given we appreciate novelty, and given utility comes from often unexpected places, it's always unfortunate to lose examples of the fantastic diversity Earth holds.

To leave things on a bright note, evolution still happens every day, balance maintaining itself through change as much as in spite of it, and for some of what has been lost, there may yet be a little hope for the future.

• RenpatsuRenpatsu Posts: 828
    edited December 1969

The New Releases and my entire catalog are 30% off. If you buy a new release, any back catalog items you buy in addition are 50% off. The sale lasts April 25-29

Thanks for the new releases, I have certainly an eye on at least two new releases plus a couple previous releases. At the moment I am not seeing the 50% discount on previous items (just the normal discount) on the last checkout page, so I will wait a bit if this settles - might just be a glitch.

• robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited April 2013

Soap box time: Animals driving animals to extinction is nothing new and entirely according to 'natural law.' We're not the only species that will destroy another, we're not the only species that is currently destroying another, we're just the only one that thinks about it.
    Yes, it's a completely natural part of existence, but that doesn't mean we have to be so efficient at the process...

As for the sale, my wallet is now $81 lighter, and my Runtime will shortly have vultures, ostriches, penguins, and crows in residence... along with the Hanging Gardens for them to perch on or wander through. I'm glad I know enough to budget for Audubon’s birthday!

(Oh, and I didn't get the 50% discount, only the 30% discount... but that means the donation to the Audubon Society will be that much larger.)

Post edited by robkelk on
  • JennKJennK Posts: 834
    edited December 1969

Renpatsu said:

The New Releases and my entire catalog are 30% off. If you buy a new release, any back catalog items you buy in addition are 50% off. The sale lasts April 25-29

Thanks for the new releases, I have certainly an eye on at least two new releases plus a couple previous releases. At the moment I am not seeing the 50% discount on previous items (just the normal discount) on the last checkout page, so I will wait a bit if this settles - might just be a glitch.

I'm not seeing it either. But I can't buy anything until tomorrow if it's there tomorrow great if not great, I already have a few models in my cart ready for payday :cheese:

• defuser2002defuser2002 Posts: 61
    edited December 1969

These birds are great, If I had more spare money I would get more. Mainly the Aus birds.
    I have all sorts of birds in my area, Corellas, Magpies, Ravens, Willy wags, Honey eaters, Wattle birds, sometimes Blue wrens, Galahs, Finches.
    There used to be Black Cockatoo's but they haven't been back since due to lack of food (They feed on the pine cones near my place).

Because Corellas are in such large numbers, they are hounded by people using gas guns etc. A bit sad really!

• cimairacimaira Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Renpatsu said:

Same here, no 50% discount on previous items. I am hoping to take a few of Ken's items out of my wish list and into my runtime. I 'll be back tomorrow and hope the discount shows up.

edited December 1969

No discount either. But as it is for the birds that's fine.

Off to wild Breton shores and hoping to see some seabirds. Except it's going to rain which might make the cliffs a bit of a risk.

• RenpatsuRenpatsu Posts: 828
    edited December 1969

It looks like the 50% discount issue got resolved here :) here, birdy, birdy ... come into my cart :)

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,218
    edited December 1969

I now see the birds 50% off without the requirement to purchase a new item at the same time - more like last year's sale. Good news. I was disappointed with the "sale" that wasn't working.

edited April 2013

I talked with DAZ yesterday afternoon about the sale prices and why they were different than the last 5 years of my annual sale. So they got changed this morning-- I believe some form of compensation is being offered to those who bought yesterday. If that wasn't offered to you and you feel the sale price changes were unfair, email or PM me and I'll personally try to make things right.

edited April 2013

Britney has sent a voucher for $5 off any item in Ken's store as I bought Vultures 2. So it the Owls next.

barnowl.jpg
    500 x 500 - 149K
    Post edited by Baglet on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,218
    edited December 1969

I talked with DAZ yesterday afternoon about the sale prices and why they were different than the last 5 years of my annual sale. So they got changed this morning-- I believe some form of compensation is being offered to those who bought yesterday. If that wasn't offered to you and you feel the sale price changes were unfair, email or PM me and I'll personally try to make things right.

Thank you Ken! I'm sure I'll spend as much money, but I'll get more and be happier! :-)
    So far, I've purchased Shorebirds I today. I'm having a problem with the conforming coverlet, though. I sent you an email with screen shots.
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited April 2013

Ken, I think the vouchers depend on what you bought- as you recall, I asked the question in the members section about the songbird / remix a couple months ago because I bought almost every product you put out there (I was a national magazine artist, specialty- birds) so I dont have much left to get. I did buy the Corvus Corvus and the Ohi a hihua, and they sent a code for $2 off any other items. Don't know if that is each item, or the total, not worded very well. Only 4.58 difference in price and you and Audubon are welcome to split it- bless you for your work with helping these wonderful creatures.

All my birds had free flight in my home (cockatoos, Amazons, Macaws, cockatiels, conures) and were potty trained :) People can't believe that, but its not that hard to do. My Yellow Nape Amazon Tripoli is below, as she sailed over me at the computer- her favorite game. She'd blow away all my papers with the wind from her wings, then land at the top of the computer hutch and laugh- MY LAUGH.

tripfly25Ken.png
    400 x 327 - 94K
    Post edited by Novica on
  • IndigoJansonIndigoJanson Posts: 1,100
    edited December 1969

I love that image, Novica. Makes me smile, and your post too.

Ken, thank you for your generous 50% discount. I treated myself to a bundle. I would have bought without the extra discount as 30% was also great (and because the birds deserve it), but as Barbult said we can all get a little extra this way. Happy Birthday Audubon and good luck to raising lots of money to help all of the amazing birds.

edited December 1969

You're welcome and thank-you for the support.