1600 x 900 - 236K
Post edited by RCDeschene on

Comments

• Proxima ShiningProxima Shining Posts: 969
    edited December 1969

Cool !!!

• StorypilotStorypilot Posts: 1,659
    edited December 1969

I'm looking forward to seeing what he looks like!

I use the D3 morph for genesis as an ingredient in many of my male characters, and if he's even more realistic (kind of how A5 has been.. i know D3 was more realistic to start than Aiko), I think that would be a great addition.

• ErdehelErdehel Posts: 386
    edited December 1969

Good news indeed :)

• RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,798
    edited April 2013

I use the D3 morph for genesis as an ingredient in many of my male characters, and if he's even more realistic (kind of how A5 has been.. i know D3 was more realistic to start than Aiko), I think that would be a great addition.

Funny you say that, because up until recently I was betting that D5 was going to be A5's counterpart as a Game-style male, but then where would that leave S5? That and from what I'm seeing in the ReadMe's (which ever ones are still around), D5's going to be marketed with a Punk/Rock theme. Appropriate for an everyday "little brother" figure, don't you think? :)

But, what I'm also wondering about, as I KNOW many others are, ESPECIALLY those who don't have anything M5 Pro Bundle-related, is whether or not David will have "toast" like he did in Gen 3. Stephanie got the Female Genitalia, so the pattern really should be consistent.

Either way, I'm totally stoked that we're finally get an official REAL WORLD male figure for Genesis that I have been begging for since Stephanie 5's release, leanness and all! :cheese:

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 2,882
    edited December 1969

Yay for David 5. :)

Back in Gen 3, he was my go-to male figure, even if I did have to scale him up a little to pair him with V3 (who just had a better wardrobe and selection of characters than Sp3)

The Punk/Rock theme is certainly an interesting one. Maybe I'll get a good 80's flashback with something New Romantic-ish. (I realize that some of the people here weren't even in school when the New Romantic movement hit...)

edited December 1969

Funny you say that, because up until recently I was betting that D5 was going to be A5's counterpart as a Game-style male, but then where would that leave S5? That and from what I'm seeing in the ReadMe's (which ever ones are still around), D5's going to be marketed with a Punk/Rock theme. Appropriate for an everyday "little brother" figure, don't you think? :)

But, what I'm also wondering about, as I KNOW many others are, ESPECIALLY those who don't have anything M5 Pro Bundle-related, is whether or not David will have "toast" like he did in Gen 3. Stephanie got the Female Genitalia, so the pattern really should be consistent.

Either way, I'm totally stoked that we're finally get an official REAL WORLD male figure for Genesis that I have been begging for since Stephanie 5's release, leanness and all! :cheese:

Well, if so, maybe that rocker theme suggests D5 won't be counterparting any one lady, and will be getting with all of them... S5 A5 V5 and beyond....

• FirstBastionFirstBastion Posts: 7,184
    edited December 1969

Yay for David 5. :)

Back in Gen 3, he was my go-to male figure, even if I did have to scale him up a little to pair him with V3 (who just had a better wardrobe and selection of characters than Sp3)

The Punk/Rock theme is certainly an interesting one. Maybe I'll get a good 80's flashback with something New Romantic-ish. (I realize that some of the people here weren't even in school when the New Romantic movement hit...)

David 3 really had the more interesting face morphs for a variety of character possibilities.

• HellboyHellboy Posts: 1,437
    edited April 2013

Best part is he won't be a David 4 clone. %-P

Post edited by Hellboy on
  • SaiyanessSaiyaness Posts: 715
    edited December 1969

I only have the default Genesis and Victoria 5 to play with and haven't felt the need to purchase any other characters. I don't even like V5's body...(And why do I need 20 breast shapes?)

I've considered the Young Teens so I can have "younger" characters and softer jawlines, but you can achieve it with Genesis with a bit of morphing. So I don't understand all of these new characters. Am I missing something? What's the point of Aiko 5 and David 5 when the default Genesis can basically mimic these shapes? Sure, I look at them them and nod appreciatively when all the pretty promos are released but I never feel compelled to buy them. (Although I probably would if I was rich, just because...)

I'll happily eat my words if David is released and he's an awe-inspiring figure.

edited April 2013

Saiyaness said:
    I only have the default Genesis and Victoria 5 to play with and haven't felt the need to purchase any other characters. I don't even like V5's body...(And why do I need 20 breast shapes?)

I've considered the Young Teens so I can have "younger" characters and softer jawlines, but you can achieve it with Genesis with a bit of morphing. So I don't understand all of these new characters. Am I missing something? What's the point of Aiko 5 and David 5 when the default Genesis can basically mimic these shapes? Sure, I look at them them and nod appreciatively when all the pretty promos are released but I never feel compelled to buy them. (Although I probably would if I was rich, just because...)

I'll happily eat my words if David is released and he's an awe-inspiring figure.

Because even with Genesis, each DAZ Iconic Couple caters to a unique genre that one couldn't easily achieve without some heavy duty mesh alteration in an alternate program. There's no way I would be able to achieve Hiro 5's significantly stylized head and Anime/Manga thin body or Freak 5's Sci-Fi steroid-induced greatness with any overly-idealized Michael figure. In fact, there were many complaints and much agreement that any attempted self-made youths with Genesis weren't convincing enough before Thorne's graceful gift of the Young Teens Julie & Justin!

Even now because of M5's god-like build, any attempt to create a everyday proportionate male requires a bit of significant slimming and tweaking, where there should be a base shape for this already. This is the purpose that David serves, a complimentary alternative to the stockiness and having a world where your men look like they all have gym memberships. :)

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

Aiko 3, David 3, and Michael 4 were the only figures I used extensively. I've gotten them all, though not all right away. Even the Vicky's were rarely touched. Aiko 4 a bit, not too much. Girl never. Stephanie 3 once.

Now Genesis. Genesis has changed everything. Every figure is useful in some way. Every one. Even the ones I don't care for much like Michael 5. I like his clothes though :)

• SaiyanessSaiyaness Posts: 715
    edited December 1969

Because Even with Genesis, each DAZ Iconic Couple caters to a unique genre that one couldn't easily achieve without some vevy duty mesh alteration in an alternate program. There's no way I would be able to achieve Hiro 5's significantly stylized head and Anime/Manga thin body or Freak 5's Sci-Fi steroid-induced greatness with any overly-idealized Michael figure. In fact, there were many complaints and much agreement that any attempted self-made youths with Genesis weren't convincing enough before Thorne's graceful gift of the Young Teens Julie & Justin!

Even now because of M5's god-like build, any attempt to create a everyday proportionate male requires a bit of significant slimming and tweaking, where there should be a base shape for this already. This is the purpose that David serves, a complimentary alternative to the stockiness and having a world where your men look like they all have gym memberships. :)

Which is why I considered the Young Teens, for that reason. I have issues with the Basic Child too. Even with tweaking, there's still something creepy and off about it.

I totally agree on the Anime, Freak and Toon fronts. They are highly stylized characters. For an Everyday Joe type character though, I don't see why the default Genesis characters, with all their pot-belly/fat/ordinary morphs, isn't enough to fill the slot.

I'm still keen to see the new David though. I like seeing new stuff...

• KatteyKattey Posts: 2,899
    edited December 1969

Which is why I considered the Young Teens, for that reason. I have issues with the Basic Child too. Even with tweaking, there’s still something creepy and off about it.

I use Young Teens in every fairy render I make now. From all Genesis subfigures, Stephanie, BaseMale and YT are most useful for me.
  • Scott LivingstonScott Livingston Posts: 4,331
    edited December 1969

If they go with the punk/rock theme, he'd be in good company: Bowie, Grohl, Navarro, Roth, etc... :)

• daveleitzdaveleitz Posts: 459
    edited December 1969

Having just gotten Stephanie 5 with the pro bundle, I'm quite pleased with it, more so than I was with Victoria 5. Now with Michael 5, there's already a good variety of characters available like Ashley, Santo, and Tyrese, to name a few, and some of these characters have the slimmer and smaller bodies available in their morph sets. But I must admit I'm very curious to see what a David 5 pro bundle would look like and where he might fit between YT Justin and Michael 5.

• ErdehelErdehel Posts: 386
    edited December 1969

Having just gotten Stephanie 5 with the pro bundle, I'm quite pleased with it, more so than I was with Victoria 5. Now with Michael 5, there's already a good variety of characters available like Ashley, Santo, and Tyrese, to name a few, and some of these characters have the slimmer and smaller bodies available in their morph sets. But I must admit I'm very curious to see what a David 5 pro bundle would look like and where he might fit between YT Justin and Michael 5.

I fully agree. I am quite curious to see that too. Anyhow I will buy him as I buy all of DAZ3D's male characters...

edited April 2013

Trust me. David's leanness is very useful, indeed. Yes, there are plenty of slimmer Real World male characters and morphs such Manly Men and just about ANYTHING made by Male-M3dia. But most of those male characters are just that, characters catered to M5. So as unique as they are, they still heavily retain much of M5's proportions.

In fact, speaking of Male-M3dia, he actually had a big hand in M5 and F5's development, too! So I can only imagine what him and the others have got cooked-up this time around. Also, don't forget, David isn't just any male character, he's a character made by MallenLane. So you KNOW D5's going to be great! :)

• daveleitzdaveleitz Posts: 459
    edited December 1969

Trust me. David's leanness is very useful, indeed. Yes, there are plenty of slimmer Real World male characters and morphs such Manly Men and just about ANYTHING made by Male-M3dia. But most of those male characters are just that, characters catered to M5. So as unique as they are, they still heavily retain much of M5's proportions.

In fact, speaking of Male-M3dia, he actually had a big hand in M5 and F5's development, too! So I can only imagine what him and the others have got cooked-up this time around. Also, don't forget, David isn't just any male character, he's a character made by MallenLane. So you KNOW D5's going to be great! :)

Yes, I'm a fan of Male-M3dia's shapes as well.

• Male-M3diaMale-M3dia Posts: 3,581
    edited April 2013

In fact, speaking of Male-M3dia, he actually had a big hand in M5 and F5's development, too

Wut? I did?

Sorry can't take credit for any of that.

Post edited by Male-M3dia on
    edited April 2013

In fact, speaking of Male-M3dia, he actually had a big hand in M5 and F5's development, too

Wut? I did?

Sorry can't take credit for any of that.
    Didn't you imply that you helped with F5's texturing in ZBrush? It was when you and Hellboy were fighting. As for M5, someone mentioned that you were involved in some aspect. If you weren't, then allow me to be the first to inform you that some are under the opinion that you were. ;)

But are you at least involved in D5 in any manner?

edited December 1969

Let's not loose sight of things, here. We don't know what David 5 is actually going to add to the mix. The most we can do before he arrives is load in the clothing with D5 morphs and see what dialing that up (without it fit to Genesis) shows us.

edited December 1969

Let's not loose sight of things, here. We don't know what David 5 is actually going to add to the mix. The most we can do before he arrives is load in the clothing with D5 morphs and see what dialing that up (without it fit to Genesis) shows us.

Ooh, did you try that? What did you learn?

• agent unawaresagent unawares Posts: 3,513
    edited December 1969

I really hope he's A5's counterpart this time around. H5 certainly wasn't.

• JohnDelaquioxJohnDelaquiox Posts: 1,184
    edited December 1969

With the exception of Hiro I have been very happy with Gen 5 Shapes especially the teens and freak 5. If they were to put out a David five and depending on the bundles I would more than likely get either just the base or the starter bundle.
    Freak is amazing and is in my opinion the best male shape since David 3

edited April 2013

That his hips are a touch thinner than base Genesis, and his calves are a little larger. :) (see pic, using Sickleyield's Dirty Denim skinny jeans. Base on the left, D5 on the right)

D5_Not_preview.png
    850 x 637 - 229K
    Post edited by DaWaterRat on
  • murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,426
    edited December 1969

From the Genesis Jeanz, his hips are narrower than Genesis default, and his legs are much less muscular than M5.
    From the Wagner Ponytail hair, his head is narrower than Genesis default.
    Those are the only two items I have so far with custom D5 morphs.

edited April 2013

Sounds awesome already so far! Can we can a M5 FBM comparison?

edited April 2013

I can do that

M5 left, D5 right

Edit - to be clear, I've just loaded the Skinny jeans in, shown hidden properties, and dialed up M5 or D5. There may be additional morphing that occurs when properly fitted to a morphed Genesis

D5_Not_preview_M5.png
    850 x 637 - 233K
    Post edited by DaWaterRat on
    edited April 2013

I can do that

M5 left, D5 right

Edit - to be clear, I've just loaded the Skinny jeans in, shown hidden properties, and dialed up M5 or D5. There may be additional morphing that occurs when properly fitted to a morphed Genesis

Very interesting... looks like it more or less falls in line with expectations, narrower proportions, less muscular.. can't tell much more than that I guess. But very cool!

Post edited by Storypilot on
    edited April 2013

NICE! :-)

I love the it! Looking at them together, the D5 shape looks much like the figure I usually have to spend large amounts of time experimenting with morphs just to achieve. So this shows my point exactly!

Though, judging by those pants alone, David seems a bit on the meaty side, himself. So he may need only a slight touch here and there of a few dials on my end to meet my tastes perfectly. :)