March Madness - the rules of the game

Comments

• IppotamusIppotamus Posts: 1,579
    edited December 1969

tsarist said:
    Also, did anyone get the Platea bundle with the proper 50% discount?

I tried buying Platea bundle, but it wouldn't give me the proper 50% discount, so because of that Jack T. lost a sale.
    Anyone interested in getting that great Platea bundle can pick it up today, as Jack Tomalin's store is on sale today.
    I can find a bunch of stuff I want from Jack, but now I'm broke, so...

It's a good example. I would love to buy one of Jack's higher end sets. But adding another 7$ makes me pause and in the end just empty my cart.

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,491
    edited December 1969

March Madness is SUCh a bust this year!! I have 2 March madness items in my cart, one from Jack Tomalin and one of the new outfits. And its NOT taking off 50%. the price is at least 11 dollars over. This is absolutely ridiculous. And you wonder why I haven't bought anything from March madness this year??? Sheesh.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,576
    edited December 1969

...odd, I just picked up Daydream, Punked for Daydream and Stalker Girl Hair and all the discounts applied. Then I used my March PC coupon and got them all for just over 9$.

Oh and Pure Hair Blockhead, isn't that already part of the Pro Bundle?

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,436
    edited December 1969

I suspect that the Platea bundle may be a problem as it is now one of the items that get's you an extra 10%, along with the A5 Pro Bundle and Garibaldi Express.

But it wasn't in the extra-10%-items list on 2nd March, when we bought it. Can anyone remember when it was added? This section seems to have been dropped from the newsletters after the 2nd.

Aaand the shopping cart can't count again. The three items in today's top category are being overcharged. First the list prices:

Tholopolim $34.95
    Haley $14.95
    Hayden $11.95

I'm a PC member, so the kids are 30% cheaper as DAZ Originals:

Tholopolim $34.95
    Haley $10.47
    Hayden $8.37

Total $53.79

50% discount for buying more than one of them: $26.90

10% extra off for buying Aiko5: $24.21

So why does my cart give a subtotal of $40.80, discount of $14.57 and total of $26.23 ?

Because for some reason, Haley isn't getting the DAZ O discount. Looks like it's time for those of us who bought her to file support tickets.

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

So why does my cart give a subtotal of $40.80, discount of $14.57 and total of $26.23 ?

Because for some reason, Haley isn't getting the DAZ O discount. Looks like it's time for those of us who bought her to file support tickets.
    I'm not sure if that's it — I did try working it out like that, and came up with $27 and a few cents. Which doesn't match any of the numbers we've come up with tonight.

It's like I said upthread, the cart just plain can't count.

• murgatroyd314murgatroyd314 Posts: 1,436
    edited March 2013

I'm not sure if that's it — I did try working it out like that, and came up with $27 and a few cents. Which doesn't match any of the numbers we've come up with tonight.
    Try that calculation again. I'm pretty sure you left out a step somewhere. Note that Hayden does get the proper discount.

Haley base price: 14.95
    14.95 - 55% = 6.73
    14.95 - 30% - 55% = 4.71
    Difference: 2.02, which is exactly the difference between your cart price and your calculated price.

Post edited by murgatroyd314 on
  • BarubaryBarubary Posts: 1,201
    edited December 1969

heh, anyone remember back when DAZ did occasionally fix problems with their sales on weekends as well?

edited December 1969

... yeah kind of like back in the days when flying first class really meant you were treated "first class".

• tsaristtsarist Posts: 1,606
    edited March 2013

This screwy system is about to cost another sale.

I saw Dimension Theory's HDR Pro Urban Recreation Set...
    http://www.daz3d.com/march-madness/urban-recreation
    27.97 at 30% or 19.98 at 50% or 15.98 at 60%

I went to the March Madness Category and got Jack's Platea:Epic Bundle...
    http://www.daz3d.com/march-madness/platea-epic-bundle
    34.97 at 30% or 24.98 at 50% or 19.98 at 60%

I threw both into the cart and the total came up as $52.95!

When it should have at LEAST been $44.96 (that's at 50%)
    and when you count the extra 10% off because of the Platea Bundle it should have been $35.96

I don't have much money.
    I'm not sure whether I should just place the order and then put in a support ticket or what?

This sale sucks.

Post edited by tsarist on
    edited December 1969

...never had these kinds of persistent issues until this year.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 96,881
    edited December 1969

tsarist said:
    This screwy system is about to cost another sale.

I saw Dimension Theory's HDR Pro Urban Recreation Set...
    http://www.daz3d.com/march-madness/urban-recreation
    27.97 at 30% or 19.98 at 50% or 15.98 at 60%

I went to the March Madness Category and got Jack's Platea:Epic Bundle...
    http://www.daz3d.com/march-madness/platea-epic-bundle
    34.97 at 30% or 24.98 at 50% or 19.98 at 60%

I threw both into the cart and the total came up as $52.95!

When it should have at LEAST been $44.96 (that's at 50%)
    and when you count the extra 10% off because of the Platea Bundle it should have been $35.96

I don't have much money.
    I'm not sure whether I should just place the order and then put in a support ticket or what?

This sale sucks.

No it shouldn't - for one thing, 50% discount and then 10% discount is a total of 55% rather than 60& but in this case the Platea bundle is in the More Madness category, along with Aiko 5 and Garibaldi - if you haven't bought any of them yet one of them will get you the extra 10%, but you get that only once. So you have only the one MM item in the cart and therefore get only the basic 30%.

• agent unawaresagent unawares Posts: 3,513
    edited December 1969

No it shouldn't - for one thing, 50% discount and then 10% discount is a total of 55% rather than 60& but in this case the Platea bundle is in the More Madness category, along with Aiko 5 and Garibaldi - if you haven't bought any of them yet one of them will get you the extra 10%, but you get that only once. So you have only the one MM item in the cart and therefore get only the basic 30%.

It's in the "All March Madness Items" category. It was also advertised as a normal March Madness item at release.
    edited December 1969

It's in the "All March Madness Items" category. It was also advertised as a normal March Madness item at release.

Yes, and it's also in the More madness category on the MM promotions page - which is how it's behaving. I have sent a howler to DAZ via express owl.

edited December 1969

if you haven't bought any of them yet one of them will get you the extra 10%, but you get that only once.

Hold on a second... aren't we supposed to get the extra 10% (assuming we've bought one of the qualifying goodies) whenever we have a cartful that qualifies for MM discounts? Where did this "only once" come from?
  • agent unawaresagent unawares Posts: 3,513
    edited December 1969

if you haven't bought any of them yet one of them will get you the extra 10%, but you get that only once.

Hold on a second... aren't we supposed to get the extra 10% (assuming we've bought one of the qualifying goodies) whenever we have a cartful that qualifies for MM discounts? Where did this "only once" come from?
    I think he's just referring to the fact that Aiko/Garibaldi/Platea discounts don't stack.
    edited December 1969

Yes, only one extra 10% no matter how many of the qualifying products you may have bought, but that one works for the whole sale once you have it.

edited December 1969

Huh?
    Since when is 50 plus 10 = 55?
    I'm not good at Maths but...

The Platea Bundle is in the March Madness category. That means it should get 50% not 30%

I guess it's all a bit academic now because I had to place the order.
    I hadn't seen Richards post (and still don't understand it now that I have)
    I'm sending in a support ticket.

The MOST I should pay for this is $44.96 (that’s at 50%)
    That's if I get beat out of my 10% (35.96) or Richard's 5% (40.45)

A sale shouldn't require this much work.
    And the sale still sucks.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

Discounts are multiplicative, not additive. For example, a 30% new release discount and 30% PC discount = 51% off, not 60%.

edited December 1969

tsarist said:

It isn't "plus" — DAZ discounts almost never add, they multiply. It's 50% discount off the list price, then 10% off that discounted amount. This is how sale discounts, and combined PC/intro sale discounts have always worked at DAZ.

The issue is confused, of course, by the frequent broken sales. Items applying the 30% discount but not the 50%, DO items not getting the PC discount, etc.

edited December 1969

tsarist said:

It isn't "plus" — DAZ discounts almost never add, they multiply. It's 50% discount off the list price, then 10% off that discounted amount. This is how sale discounts, and combined PC/intro sale discounts have always worked at DAZ.

The issue is confused, of course, by the frequent broken sales. Items applying the 30% discount but not the 50%, DO items not getting the PC discount, etc.
    Oh well.
    I never really paid the combined sale discounts very much attention in the past.
    That still doesn't excuse items only being 30% when they should be 50%.

edited December 1969

Agreed, there have been way too many broken sales this time round, even worse than during the PC and PA sales last year. This isn't helping the situation at all, it's driving away customers and discouraging people from even trying to buy things.

edited December 1969

...that's what I thought. If not, this is really broken.
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    edited December 1969

See Richard's post at the top of the page -- he meant you only get one 10% discount even if you bought more than one of the 3 items. You get that all month on MM items.

edited March 2013

...OK, good.

...still more complicated than in past years.

Simple is elegant. Complex is a burden.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • gregory mgregory m Posts: 99
    edited December 1969

This set up for this March maddess to getting full amount of discounts make understanding Federal tax rules look easy:-)

• ledheadledhead Posts: 1,586
    edited December 1969

Greg said:
    This set up for this March maddess to getting full amount of discounts make understanding Federal tax rules look easy:-)

I certainly understood what you said much easier than all the calculating that needs to be done to make sure the price is right.

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214
    edited December 1969

I have Luxus render and the basics of lighting in my cart and don't see how the discount is correct, I did purchase Aiko 5 pro bundle

Luxus 19.95 sale 13.97
    Lighting 19.95 sale 13.97

total 27.94
    discount 9.98

I pay 17.96

this is correct?

• spannahspannah Posts: 38
    edited December 1969

Kharma said:
    I have Luxus render and the basics of lighting in my cart and don't see how the discount is correct, I did purchase Aiko 5 pro bundle

Luxus 19.95 sale 13.97
    Lighting 19.95 sale 13.97

total 27.94
    discount 9.98

I pay 17.96

this is correct?

A quick look and that looks right. Here is how I figured it out:

Round both items base to $20 and add them together. That is $40.
    Because they are not DO, and you have 2 items, you get 50%. This is $20.
    Because you bough Aiko 5, you get an additional discount of 10% on the $20, which is $2.
    $20 - $2 = $18 which is approximate to 17.96

Hope this helps :-)

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,491
    edited December 1969

So a question.
    Aiko 5 starter bundle on sale.
    It's listed as:
    Full price:$49.95
    BUT save SAVE 51% so it's $24.48
    Now is that including the PC extra 10% off already??
    No right, because that would have a 10% off the discounted price....
    I'm so frustrated and confused by this sale!

Please someone clarify??

edited December 1969

51% is the two 30% sales - MM and Platinum Club. if you have two items in the cart and the extra 10% then you will pay 50% of 30% of 90% of full price - 31.5% total, or 68.5% off, of which 17.5% will appear only in the full page cart or on the order confirmation page.