Genesis Walking - Horrible Hips

freecomerfreecomer Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Using the basic Genesis (or Genesis Basic Female or Basic Male) with an Aniblock walk results in a walk which looks nice from the side --- but from the front or back the legs splay outwards as if Genesis has a sore crotch! It is most inelegant!

Using the V4 or M4 forms for Genesis, the result is the same --- horrible!

I have tried various walk cycles from various places (including made by me) but them hips and thighs remain splayed outwards as the figure walks.

Which is a pity, as it reduces Genesis to a role of single poses only ...

So my question is - is there a solution whereby one can obtain extra morphs for Genesis to enable Genesis to walk more elegantly?

eg if I have a walk cycle from SkaMotion which enable V4s to walk elegantly, is there a way to get the V4 form in Genesis to use that walk cycle? That would be agood start.

Ideally, there is a solution for the basic Genesis also -- at least I hope so. It seems weird to have such a versatile figure walking like a jockey ...

Any advice gratefully received.

Comments

• Coon RaCoon Ra Posts: 200
    edited December 1969

You have to manually fix root_force_z in aniblocks.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

The problem is that the vast majority of the AniBlocks in existence are for previous generation figures...they don't have the changes made to account for the changes in Genesis' bones. Like Coon Ra said, you need to manually adjust them.

• freecomerfreecomer Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Thank you ... I figured it was a similar problem to the famous Genesis foot problem in Animate.

You'd think it would be worth while for GoFigure to put some work into updating Animate for Genesis, but I guess they are getting enough income from sales on Daz for Generation 4 figures not to care? :-)

"You have to manually fix root_force_z in aniblocks".

I have monkeyed about with Aniblock sub-blocks and also Aniblock Levels, with some partial success (or at least improvement) but I am just selecting joints in the Parameters and/or Posing Tabs -- I have to confess I do not know what "root_force_z" actually means ... is this like the old fashioned joint parameters circles you could adjust in Poser and Max?

Is there a Daz Tool to give access to this function?

Can you point me to a tutorial on the subject?

Thanks for any assistance.

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

you use an aniMate tool:

shot.png
    895 x 799 - 150K
    edited March 2013

aniMate2 -> put a block on animate2 track for genesis figure -> click the block -> go to keyframe mode -> open graph editor when in keyframe mode -> open lThigh or rThight branch (bottomleft window of animate2 panel) -> zoom the graph and move the whole bunch of "root_force_z" points up or down until satisfied with thigh angle. Same way you may fix genesis feet -> expand same tree to lFoot or rFoot and move "root_force_x" points up or down.
    Anyway, true Genesis aniblocks would be more preferable than bullshitting with gen4 movement data. If DAZ created DS4 for Genesis why did they forget updating the animations?

PS: You may edit splines activating it in Tool Settings with Active Tool: aniMate2 after checking corresponding checkbox. Here's couple links to follow: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJ5iDoNOcGg and http://www.gofigure3d.com/site/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=92&Itemid=86

Post edited by Coon Ra on
    edited December 1969

Thank you very much - just what I needed - I am going to try this right away.

<<Anyway, true Genesis aniblocks would be more preferable than bullshitting with gen4 movement data. If DAZ created DS4 for Genesis why did they forget updating the animations?>>

I could not agree with you more !

Mind you, this is the story of DAZ from day one - they are always in a frenzy of "updating" and selling new products, but their technical help lags sadly far behind - they rely on outside companies to produce expensive fixes for stuff that either is now broken or needs tweaking to work properly. The list is endless.

Not even a manual. The odd UTube video and part written Wiki. But their selling apparatus is second to none!

All praise to the people on the forums who are very knowledgable and helpful. God help Daz without them.

End of rant .

Thanks again for solving my problem (until Genesis Aniblocks come along...)

:-)

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    you use an aniMate tool:

Thank you.

That's very helpful.

It's true what they say about pictures

edited December 1969

freecomer said:
    (until Genesis Aniblocks come along...)

My mind it's empty hopes. There shall pass decades of sharpening and polishind to make DS an impeccable and perfect tool but you know it is not Daz3D way due to new marketing strategies and all that bulljazz.
  • cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
  • skamotionskamotion Posts: 86
    edited December 1969

freecomer said:

eg if I have a walk cycle from SkaMotion which enable V4s to walk elegantly, is there a way to get the V4 form in Genesis to use that walk cycle? That would be agood start.

Ideally, there is a solution for the basic Genesis also -- at least I hope so. It seems weird to have such a versatile figure walking like a jockey ...

Any advice gratefully received.

HI There,

We have just asked Daz3d if they would like us to create a V5 walk and Genesis walk cycles for their new line. We're waiting to hear back from them to see if they would be interested, so we'll keep you posted.

There is no "Easy" solution for the transfer of animation onto the Genesis rigs, because they have introduced more joints in the spine and some of the orientation are now a little different than before.

regards

SKA

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

freecomer said:
    Thank you very much - just what I needed - I am going to try this right away.

<<Anyway, true Genesis aniblocks would be more preferable than bullshitting with gen4 movement data. If DAZ created DS4 for Genesis why did they forget updating the animations?>>

I could not agree with you more !

Mind you, this is the story of DAZ from day one - they are always in a frenzy of "updating" and selling new products, but their technical help lags sadly far behind - they rely on outside companies to produce expensive fixes for stuff that either is now broken or needs tweaking to work properly. The list is endless.

Not even a manual. The odd UTube video and part written Wiki. But their selling apparatus is second to none!

All praise to the people on the forums who are very knowledgable and helpful. God help Daz without them.

End of rant .

Thanks again for solving my problem (until Genesis Aniblocks come along...)

Coon Ra said:
    (until Genesis Aniblocks come along...) :-)

My mind it's empty hopes. There shall pass decades of sharpening and polishind to make DS an impeccable and perfect tool but you know it is not Daz3D way due to new marketing strategies and all that bulljazz.I so hope that you ALL understand that Daz3D is not the maker of Animate or AniBlocks. GoFigure is the creator of AniMate and all the Aniblocks, Daz3D is just the broker for the products. It would be up to GoFigure to fix the Genesis issues not Daz3D. GoFigure has put out a correction AniBlock for use with Genesis. It can be found here http://gofigure3d.com/Amm/Genesis-Offset.zip
  • edited March 2013

skamotion said:

HI There,

We have just asked Daz3d if they would like us to create a V5 walk and Genesis walk cycles for their new line. We're waiting to hear back from them to see if they would be interested, so we'll keep you posted.

There is no "Easy" solution for the transfer of animation onto the Genesis rigs, because they have introduced more joints in the spine and some of the orientation are now a little different than before.

regards

SKA

SKA i would buy those in a second in fact less then one if there is a nice PC discount ;)
    until then i guess Posemaster is for me...and that mean's no animation til next month :(
    (sneaks off to see what wares SKA has for older generations)

EDIT: didn't see final post

I so hope that you ALL understand that Daz3D is not the maker of Animate or AniBlocks. GoFigure is the creator of AniMate and all the Aniblocks, Daz3D is just the broker for the products. It would be up to GoFigure to fix the Genesis issues not Daz3D. GoFigure has put out a correction AniBlock for use with Genesis. It can be found here http://gofigure3d.com/Amm/Genesis-Offset.zip

ok but that's just the gfa file and doesn't show up in the DAZ library (unlike other Aniblocks which seem to be gfa+ds)
    Post edited by tergon_f8d65b6411 on
  • Fixme12Fixme12 Posts: 589
    edited March 2013

Jaderail said:
    I so hope that you ALL understand that Daz3D is not the maker of Animate or AniBlocks. GoFigure is the creator of AniMate and all the Aniblocks, Daz3D is just the broker for the products. It would be up to GoFigure to fix the Genesis issues not Daz3D. GoFigure has put out a correction AniBlock for use with Genesis. It can be found here http://gofigure3d.com/Amm/Genesis-Offset.zip

it's first up to daz to give us a real full IK/FK system in studio, fix the horrible hip movement and feetslide problems.

else Gofigure or all other people that would like to do animation, in short terms it's impossible now.
    you would waste to much creative time on animate basic things that a good IK/FK system could solve and help you with.
    think we need to see things like this fixed first.

found this still a good example
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgUg-TJAWC0.

Daz is working on this problem, so give them a little time!

Post edited by Fixme12 on
  • kitakoredazkitakoredaz Posts: 3,526
    edited December 1969

I may think to get BVH files for genesis, from
    true bones.com
    if I want to play animation more

then change it aniblock,,
    (but the cost seems terrible for me ^^;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2x554fyLlhs&list=UUDsZWfELx-oE3C-qfqD4SbQ

As Fixme12 said,, daz studio is not good tool for animation with genesis)
    though I apreciate many tools for daz stuido,,key mate,, or poze master,, etc

have someone tried to export genesis FBX to IKinema WebAnimate?
    I planed if I can poze genesis easy,, in WebAnimate,,
    then export FBX animation from WebAnimate,,

I can not do it well. (may need to decrease mesh etc,,, )

Though Autodesc FBX viewer can load genesis FBX simple animateion
    without problem,, (though lost materials of some part,,,

I really hope daz stuido 5 more concentrate on animation for genesis,,
    for simple hobby user like me.

edited May 2022

Redacted

• edited March 2013

cridgit said:

Nergali, you CAN convert aniblock with PoseMaster - see my post above for how. Make sure you have the latest version of PoseMaster though. Animation transfer was added after the initial release, so you'll need to reset your download.

lol, I was super unclear. . . my bad. I don't yet have PoseMaster (and learned of it from the above post), I added it to my wishlist and will purchase when next month's re-up of PC occurs . . . Though now that I think of it I'm pretty sure that my PC discount won't apply. . . (maybe i'll pick it up earlier then. . however now the information is getting off topic so I'll cease)
    edited March 2013

Nergali, you CAN convert aniblock with PoseMaster - see my post above for how. Make sure you have the latest version of PoseMaster though. Animation transfer was added after the initial release, so you'll need to reset your download.

Sadly, this is not true. Not for me, anyway.

I purchased Posemaster specifically due to your post above, and converted a V4 animation to Genesis following instructions in the PDF Help.

The animation transferred OK, but the horrible hips were unaffected, that is to say, as horrible as ever [see picture].

EDIT ... Thanks to advice received, this problem was solved.

Post edited by freecomer on
    edited May 2022

Redacted

edited December 1969

EDIT: Just re-read your post and realized the animation did transfer correctly, but you're not happy with the hip movement of the original animation. My post above said "you can transfer animation with PoseMaster" in response to a previous post that said the person would only be able to transfer poses (= not animations) for the time being. I don't believe I suggested you'd be able to fix the hip problem with PoseMaster. Garbage in, garbage out. If you feel there was a misunderstanding and you see the product as a waste of time and money, DAZ will refund you within 30 days. I'd rather you return the product if you feel that way, because I want to make sure my customers get value for their money. I apologize if the mixup was in any way my doing.Thanks

.........................................................................................................................................................................................................

Hi there, thanks for your reply.

I spoke in haste - I withdraw the "waste of time and money" remark. In fact, I am finding your product great fun and very useful.

1) I did misunderstand your post 9 above, however water under the bridge.
    2) Where would I ask for help with this product? I should have done that.
    3) I confirm I did everything correctly and the animation did transfer. However, it is true that the Genesis hips did not respond.
    4) I was using an old Anipose V4 strut animation, named stimV4walk1-aNoBounce - it works perfectly with V4. It's a pz2 file.
    5) I shall investigate further with other animations and aniblocks.

I really like Genesis and I am frustrated with the botherations Daz has left in the product.

Regards

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

freecomer said:
    I really like Genesis and I am frustrated with the botherations Daz has left in the product.

Regards

As has been mentioned before...the fault is not Genesis, at least with animations, but the fact that most of the animations aren't made for it. It is up to those who supply the animation files to update/provide new ones...just like it's the responsibility of every other vendor/PA to update their plugins/content to work with the newer figure/program.

When the switch from Gen3 to Gen4 occurred there were the same problems...with less translation tools and longer waits for new stuff. In fact some of the translation tools (CrossDresser/ Wardrobe Wizard) were 'born' from that wait period/frustration with the 'lack of NEW' content

• edited March 2013

So AFAICT posermaster is the GenX-plugin of Poses (as per https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/entries/20680798-converting-generation-4-content-for-use-with-genesis ;) ), which is fine because all it means is I have to go through each keyframe and apply a genesis fix (such as http://www.sharecg.com/v/60735/browse/21/DAZ-Studio/Genesis-Thumb-Fix-After-Applying-A-V4-Pose ) but for the parts I feel my shot shows as bad.
    is there (by chance) a such availablle pose fix (here or elsewhere) for the hips and/or other known animation defects.

EDIT: OK now I'm superconfused as I Loaded up daz and searched for new content and two new Aniblocks call genesis fix magically appeared....and no there was no aniblock update (I do wonder if they appeared with key/graphmate though I thought I'd done a manual search since i'd installed them.)

edited May 2022

Redacted

edited May 2022

Redacted

• SaiyanessSaiyaness Posts: 715
    edited December 1969

I'm all for Genesis aniblocks to be created. A healthy slew of varied walks, much like Skamotion's walks would be fantastic! I'm reluctant to purchase any of the animate products just reading about all the issues people are having with pose transferral...sounds like a giant headache!

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,242
    edited December 1969

I got great advice in another thread about static pose transfer, so I'll pose (pun intended) some new questions here about some difficulties I'm having with animation transfer.

1) I used Postmaster Keyframe to transfer the V4 "forward (1 cycle)" aniblock to Genesis. The result has the dreaded Genesis animation foot slide, where a foot flat on the ground glides to a new position as the animation frames progress. It makes the animation look like Genesis' foot is slipping sideways on ice. I don't think this problem is in anyway unique to Posemaster animation transfers. Anny suggestions on how to fix or avoid that pesky problem?

2) I used Postmaster Keyframe to transfer the V4 "sit in chair" aniblock to Genesis. From about frames 50 through 100, Genesis' hand goes through her thigh. Is there any way to fix or avoid that problem?

edited May 2022

Redacted

edited May 2022

Redacted

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,242
    edited December 1969

I added some subtracks and made some adjustments to the "sit in chair" Genesis aniblock. I cannot figure out how to flatten all those subtracks and save the adjusted animation as a new aniblock. Everything I try seems to ignore the sublocks. How do you flatten it?

edited May 2022

Redacted

• SaiyanessSaiyaness Posts: 715
    edited December 1969

@Cridgit: I'd only just briefly skimmed the topic so I didn't see nor have time to watch any videos ;) My apologies.