Carrara graph editor help

SonofbelmontSonofbelmont Posts: 147
edited February 2013 in Carrara Discussion

Hi
The graph editor in Carrara always seems to be so squashed (or stretched I'm not quite sure which) that pretty much all my curves look like flat lines unless I zoom right onto a single key at which point I can't see any of the other keys
is there any way to reduce this effect?

also how to I change the default interpolation for keys to be smooth instead of linear?
any help would be appreciated
thanks

Post edited by Sonofbelmont on

Comments

• wcwilcoxwcwilcox Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

To change the graph size select the graph editor.
    SEE IMAGE#1
    To change the interpolation use the tweener to change settings.
    SEE IMAGE #2

#2.png
    1242 x 556 - 104K
    #1.png
    1280 x 800 - 184K
  • evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,040
    edited December 1969

Hi
    The graph editor in Carrara always seems to be so squashed (or stretched I'm not quite sure which) that pretty much all my curves look like flat lines unless I zoom right onto a single key at which point I can't see any of the other keys
    is there any way to reduce this effect?

also how to I change the default interpolation for keys to be smooth instead of linear?
    any help would be appreciated
    thanks

For the Graph editor, have you used the little blue widget between the Timeline and the scene window? You can expand the editor upwards (and squash the scene window) to view it better. You also mentioned the zoom tool. You my have better luck with it if you expand the timeline window upwards.

To set the default tweener, go to File-->Preferences and use the pulldown menu to select General Scene Settings. At the bottom of the window it should say, Tweener and give you a pulldown menu with a list of available tweeners. From what you describe, it sounds as if you want Bezier.

Picture_3.png
    673 x 503 - 28K
    Picture_2.png
    573 x 800 - 87K
    Picture_1.png
    497 x 229 - 15K
    edited December 1969

Curse you wcwilcox! You beat me to it! Darn my slow pudgy typing fingers! ;-)

• wcwilcoxwcwilcox Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Sorry man. But you did gave a much better explanation.

edited December 1969

wcwilcox said:
    Sorry man. But you did gave a much better explanation.

Just kidding ya'! ;-)