+1
    +1
  • RCDescheneRCDeschene Posts: 2,799
    edited December 1969
  • StorypilotStorypilot Posts: 1,660
    edited December 1969

Expressions too!
    http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/15772/start

I think there's enough listed now to fill a Pro bundle with one or two extra things left over that could be bonus items. I put together my own little prediction list of the candidates I could decipher, and I've got all the "likely slots" filled except perhaps for one additional character set. I am, if you can't tell, very excited.

• ServantServant Posts: 756
    edited February 2013

Legacy installers is the one thing I really want A5 to have. The lack of such is the reason I'm not buying Young Teens and F5 stuff.

Post edited by Servant on
  • robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

Hellboy said:
    Aiko 4 was very different than Aiko 3, and I think she was a big improvement and offered something new.
    Well, I'll agree with the first and third parts of that sentence ("very different" and "something new")...
  • CypherFOXCypherFOX Posts: 3,401
    edited December 1969

Greetings,

robkelk said:
    Hellboy said:
    Aiko 4 was very different than Aiko 3, and I think she was a big improvement and offered something new.
    Well, I'll agree with the first and third parts of that sentence ("very different" and "something new")...

Heh! Uh oh, are you going to go all Hellboy on us when A5 comes out? ;) (I tease, I tease!)

As for myself, I had not expected another anime character to come out. I kinda thought I was likely done with 'Pro Pack' stuff when the YT5 came out. I still haven't gotten the horse or freak, but A5 might just tempt me to splurge again. Depends on how broke I am. Of course they'll probably release it Just Before the March Madness begins, and that'll make for some difficult discussions in the *fox household...

...but I can totally see them doing updates of all the classic A3 stuff, like XinXin hair, and such. (And you know there's going to be school uniforms. ;) )

-- Morgan

• StorypilotStorypilot Posts: 1,660
    edited February 2013
    Post edited by Storypilot on
  • robkelkrobkelk Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

Cypherfox said:
    Greetings,
    robkelk said:
    Hellboy said:
    Aiko 4 was very different than Aiko 3, and I think she was a big improvement and offered something new.Well, I'll agree with the first and third parts of that sentence ("very different" and "something new")...

Heh! Uh oh, are you going to go all Hellboy on us when A5 comes out? ;) (I tease, I tease!)

That would require changing my avatar image... and we all know how difficult that is right now. :cheese:

As for myself, I had not expected another anime character to come out. I kinda thought I was likely done with 'Pro Pack' stuff when the YT5 came out. I still haven't gotten the horse or freak, but A5 might just tempt me to splurge again. Depends on how broke I am. Of course they'll probably release it Just Before the March Madness begins, and that'll make for some difficult discussions in the *fox household...

...but I can totally see them doing updates of all the classic A3 stuff, like XinXin hair, and such. (And you know there's going to be school uniforms. ;) )

-- Morgan

Of course there's going to be school uniforms! But, now that more people have seen more anime, maybe we'll get both summer and winter uniforms... (Well, one can dream, right?)

• ChristenChristen Posts: 240
    edited December 1969

I just hope they release her right away while I have the $. Aiko is still my favorite figure. Maybe we'll be lucky enough to get a preview thread like we used to!

• wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

I kinda wonder if DAZ enjoys watching these anticipatory threads... how much amusement do you think those guys get out of it?

• SotoSoto Posts: 1,438
    edited December 1969

Cypherfox said:
    Greetings,
    robkelk said:
    Hellboy said:

Meh, I only used Aiko once and never used Hiro, if something bad happens again, probably I will just ignore her like I did with Hiro 5. :roll:

• SpitSpit Posts: 2,342
    edited December 1969

Well, after thinking about it for a while, I've come to the conclusion (personal opinion only) that Hitomi is NOT to Hiro 5 what A3 is to H3 or A4 is to H4. And that's because I think of Hitomi as the little sister, not a girlfirend.

So Aiko 5 is definitely needed.

Then we need someone to be the little bro.

• islandgurl31islandgurl31 Posts: 250
    edited December 1969

I love Aiko so yep will get her when she comes out. She is so cute :-). I think I have all the Genesis Bundles except for YoungTeens 5 :-(. Will grab them when I can,but I really really want Aiko...lol.

• creativemodelsbecreativemodelsbe Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

any pics of Aiko 5 yet?

think she's in the love artist promo banner at the left with the crossbow.

https://www.daz3d.com/media/global/site-wide-banner/love-artist2.jpg

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited February 2013

nah thats Jazlyn, she had a crosbow too.

http://www.daz3d.com/jazlyn-for-genesis-clothing-and-accessories

Post edited by larsmidnatt on
  • Chris BarnesChris Barnes Posts: 67
    edited December 1969

I hope Daz do some previews this time.

Remember those great preview threads we got in the members forum for V5 and M5? I think there was one for Hitomi as well and she wasn't even a daz original. They seem to have stopped now though. There was nothing at all really for Hiro and Freak 5.

• larsmidnattlarsmidnatt Posts: 4,511
    edited December 1969

The build up for Hitomi was great. I already had my budget set for what I was going to get right up front. Hope they do the same for Aiko5.

edited February 2013

Spit said:
    Well, after thinking about it for a while, I've come to the conclusion (personal opinion only) that Hitomi is NOT to Hiro 5 what A3 is to H3 or A4 is to H4. And that's because I think of Hitomi as the little sister, not a girlfirend.

As much as I so badly want to agree with that statement, MallenLane himself confirmed that Hiro 5 is what became of Hitomi's male counterpart. My guess is that either Aiko is going to be used for something different or she's going to become the Stephanie for this generation's anime genre.

The build up for Hitomi was great. I already had my budget set for what I was going to get right up front. Hope they do the same for Aiko5.

With the pattern that all Gen 5 characters come out at the end of every month, and with the lack of official threads about them, it's most unlikely...
    Post edited by RCDeschene on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,593
    edited December 1969

...have AIko3 and AIko4 (as well as Hiro 3 and 4) . Like many, I use A4 and H4 in various doses for creating unique characters (like my namesake for example).

When I just want ultimate cute and sweetness, I load Aiko3.

I actually find her very easy to work with (and a lot of fun too which is part of why I am into this thing called 3D CG). She occupies a major part of my runtime. I have A3 content not just from the store here, but other vendors as well as a lot of of related freebie content. I think this is why after two generations she still has so much appeal.

If I want to do more realistic Japanese and Asian characters I have the ethic morphs for Genesis.

I also have the A3/H3 body shapes for Genesis which allows me to not only add and mix the legacy figures and characters with Genesis but am also able to use their wardrobe and textures through GenX.

...and I also recently picked up Hitomi who I find cute in her own unique way.

...so, not really sure If I need an A5

• nightwolf1982nightwolf1982 Posts: 1,136
    edited December 1969

Probablty will get Aiko 5, and might do the pro bundle if it comes out. depends on what's included. I like the Aiko series, to me she's always been the "DAZ Action Girl". Victoria is the glamorous model, Stephanie is the everday girl, and Aiko is the action star. Plus, a couple of my favorite V4 clothing sets were based off of Aiko 3 clothing.

edited December 1969

Probablty will get Aiko 5, and might do the pro bundle when it comes out. depends on what's included. I like the Aiko series, to me she's always been the "DAZ Action Girl". Victoria is the glamorous model, Stephanie is the everday girl, and Aiko is the action star. Plus, a couple of my favorite V4 clothing sets were based off of Aiko 3 clothing.

There, I fixed it for you. :)
    edited December 1969

Spit said:

As much as I so badly want to agree with that statement, MallenLane himself confirmed that Hiro 5 is what became of Hitomi's male counterpart. My guess is that either Aiko is going to be used for something different or she's going to become the Stephanie for this generation's anime genre...

Well, I guess we'll find out soon enough. I think I know how I want to use Hitomi and will see what A5 feels like.

edited December 1969

Spit said:
    Spit said:

As much as I so badly want to agree with that statement, MallenLane himself confirmed that Hiro 5 is what became of Hitomi's male counterpart. My guess is that either Aiko is going to be used for something different or she's going to become the Stephanie for this generation's anime genre...

Well, I guess we'll find out soon enough. I think I know how I want to use Hitomi and will see what A5 feels like.
    Oh, of course!

35011066[1].jpg
    400 x 400 - 84K
    edited December 1969

Oh my, she's not such a little sister anymore

Hitomi = 1
    Aiko4 = 1
    then
    Hitomi Head = -0.54
    Aiko4 Head = 0.15

The expression, though, affects what you see. I had a bunch of genesis expressions in puppeteer and just moved the mouse pointer around. I think the 'blowing' one was a major part of it and should have cleared them all before rendering.

HitomiA4.JPG
    465 x 733 - 29K
    edited February 2013

A little something that I slapped together back in the days of the Gen 5 Icon Render Thread as a hypothetical Aiko 5...

Aiko_5.jpg
    594 x 696 - 147K
    Post edited by RCDeschene on
    edited December 1969

A little something that I slapped together back in the days of the Gen 5 Icon Render Thread as a hypothetical Aiko 5...

She's great!