Kayleyss freebies ( Trish Hair, Jenn Pendant and more)

Hi everyone!

Peased find here the links to get my freebies :)

Trish Hair:

http://kayleyss.deviantart.com/art/Trish-Hair-670558154

Gwennili Hair:

http://kayleyss.deviantart.com/art/Gwennili-Hair-670556854

Jenn Choker:

http://kayleyss.deviantart.com/art/Jenn-Choker-668636727

Of course you can find other freebies here like the Hunter Pendant here:

http://kayleyss.deviantart.com/gallery/60718591/Freebies

Happy rendering :)

GwennilHairPromo.jpg
1200 x 1500 - 499K
TrishHairPromo.jpg
1200 x 1500 - 557K
JennChokerPromo.jpg
1200 x 1500 - 549K

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,155

Thank you. You are very generous! They look great.

• michaeltoomichaeltoo Posts: 219

Thank you so much, they absolutely beautiful.

• Romulus71Romulus71 Posts: 141

Thank you so much, these are great!

• FerretmaniaFerretmania Posts: 883

Wow very generous. Thank you very much!

• These are very nice, thank you for sharing :)

• jardinejardine Posts: 1,190

thank you!

j

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

Thank you, Kayleyss. Love your work!

• These are great. I downloaded the trish hair and a question. Documentation says can be used in non commercial render only. Is that correct? Thanks

• Thank you so very much :)

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,704

Are these original polygon hair?  if so can I do some textures for them? 

• kayleysskayleyss Posts: 90

These are great. I downloaded the trish hair and a question. Documentation says can be used in non commercial render only. Is that correct? Thanks

Hi,

Many thanks for your comment :)

You have to be carefull with commercial use, because if there is too much lickeness with witcher stuff you could be under legal issues regarding copyright.

Hi,

What do you mean by " original polygon hair"? Fiber mesh ?

If your idea is to create a textures pack for the hair, if it's for your own purpose, or making a freebie, you can do it. But if it's for commercial use, you can't.

kayleyss said:

Hi,

If your idea is to create a textures pack for the hair, if it's for your own purpose, or making a freebie, you can do it. But if it's for commercial use, you can't.

sorry for confusion I was wondering on restrictions if they had to be for a freebie or not?  and if it is a freebie does it also have to be noncommerical usage too?

• glaseyeglaseye Posts: 1,305

Thank you, very much!!!!

kayleyss said:

Hi,

sorry for confusion I was wondering on restrictions if they had to be for a freebie or not?  and if it is a freebie does it also have to be noncommerical usage too?

You can't make commercial usage with freebies. It have to stay a freebie.

• StormlyghtStormlyght Posts: 666

Thank you @kayleyss for your generosity! 

Trish

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

Whao! Awesome! Thank you, Kayleyss! :D

kayleyss said:
    kayleyss said:

Hi,

You can't make commercial usage with freebies. It have to stay a freebie.

'understood now.  I appologize for any confusion.

• ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,514

Kayleyss I love you! Here's why. Not only do you create amazing art, and not only are you generous but you selflessly take your valuable time to link to Additional Products used in Promo Images and when I get around to uploading a few more videos to youtube I plan to link to your store here and your deviant art site for obvious reasons. You are an excellent example of what makes a newbie's life simple. If I ever write a book about Daz  -  you will be in it - for all the right reasons.

• ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,960

Thank you so much

• DarwinsMishapDarwinsMishap Posts: 4,074

Thank you for these, and all of the hard work you put into them.  Muchly appreciated

• ShozaiShozai Posts: 30

Thank you much :)

• dakkuuandakkuuan Posts: 305
    edited March 2017

I don't think the hair styles really are specific to the witcher, they are just pretty much standard hair.  I've played the game and they look like the ladies hair, but those styles aren't alone enough to cause concern, they are hardly unique.  Now if you make a hair piece that looks like Cloud Strife's hair, that might be something to be concerned for.  Maybe what I'm getting at is, the non-commerical use is mainly for our protection, correct?  If I use these in a commercial render that doesn't allude to the witcher at all, is that okay with you?  

Post edited by dakkuuan on
    dakkuuan said:

Maybe what I'm getting at is, the non-commerical use is mainly for our protection, correct? 

Yes, you're correct. For me, it's only for non-commercial use. Because, if you use it for commercial use, you could be under legal issues regarding CD Projekt Red copyright.

• K8sGraphicsK8sGraphics Posts: 56
    edited March 2017

These freebies are absolutely wonderfully done, beautiful. I thank you for the effort and time you put into them and then to give them away for free - thats a level of kindness not generally observed in many places. I have no problems using it for non-commercial use, my following statements are only to clarify things that keep getting repeated. 

I am assuming these were built from the ground up, making the mesh and subsequent add ons (such as textures) your own work. With that in mind these are only inspired by the witcher game and given that those hairstyles in the game are likely styled on other hairstyles in real life or fictional worlds, they aren't really that unique in look.They are most definitely beautifully put together but still a common enough hairstyle. That means technically there really isn't a lot in ways of copyright infraction to be had. Hairstyles are generally not something that a lot of companies will go after people for. Now with that in mind if someone used them to make a witcher fan picture and tried to sell that...thats likely to be problematic. In that case its more the whole of the image rather than its individual parts. 

A lot of times companys are more concerned with clothing designs, character designs, and specific symbols/logos for the material (be they games, comics, movies...ect). There is always gray areas when dealing with copyright but thats more indepth than I believe needs to be said here.

Over all though this is by no means an attempt to change your (Kayleyss) mind about the license you put down. Just an attempt to clarify what everyone has hinted at in their asking about commercial/noncommercial usage. I figured if someone actually came out and clearly stated it all...it might stop showing up as a repeated question. So if you stand by your decision to keep everything non-commercial then we should respect that decision. 

You are not wrong in being concerned about copyright as it can be a rather touchy subject. In any case, Kayleyss they are beautifully done pieces, from the hair to the jewelry and I thank you for the generosity of sharing them with us. I will have plenty of enjoyment in using them. Thank you again. 

Post edited by K8sGraphics on

These freebies are absolutely wonderfully done, beautiful. I thank you for the effort and time you put into them and then to give them away for free - thats a level of kindness not generally observed in many places. I have no problems using it for non-commercial use, my following statements are only to clarify things that keep getting repeated. 

I am assuming these were built from the ground up, making the mesh and subsequent add ons (such as textures) your own work. With that in mind these are only inspired by the witcher game and given that those hairstyles in the game are likely styled on other hairstyles in real life or fictional worlds, they aren't really that unique in look.They are most definitely beautifully put together but still a common enough hairstyle. That means technically there really isn't a lot in ways of copyright infraction to be had. Hairstyles are generally not something that a lot of companies will go after people for. Now with that in mind if someone used them to make a witcher fan picture and tried to sell that...thats likely to be problematic. In that case its more the whole of the image rather than its individual parts. 

A lot of times companys are more concerned with clothing designs, character designs, and specific symbols/logos for the material (be they games, comics, movies...ect). There is always gray areas when dealing with copyright but thats more indepth than I believe needs to be said here.

Over all though this is by no means an attempt to change your (Kayleyss) mind about the license you put down. Just an attempt to clarify what everyone has hinted at in their asking about commercial/noncommercial usage. I figured if someone actually came out and clearly stated it all...it might stop showing up as a repeated question. So if you stand by your decision to keep everything non-commercial then we should respect that decision. 

You are not wrong in being concerned about copyright as it can be a rather touchy subject. In any case, Kayleyss they are beautifully done pieces, from the hair to the jewelry and I thank you for the generosity of sharing them with us. I will have plenty of enjoyment in using them. Thank you again. 

Hi.

Thanks K8sGraphics.

To be totally clear, I do not have any copyright for myself on these haircuts.

But, in order to avoid to the users any risks regarding a possibility of copyright issues with CD Projekt Red, that they could have putted on these haircuts, I added "for non-commercial use only".

All you comments make sense, but once again I don't know if CD Projekt Red putted a copyright on these haircuts . This " for non-commercial use" is only to protect you all. For myself. I will not request you any founding whatever you will do with my freebies. I hope this will close the debat.

Kind regards

Kayleyss

• Thank you Kayleyss for answering back. 

Hopefully now things will be understood and no more repeated questions will show up. Since we cannot know what the CEO and Legal department of CD Projekt Red are likely to do in terms of these hairstyles when it comes to copyright, it would probably be smartest to leave the renders done as 'non-commercial'. 

Thank you again for the beautiful freebies. Your paid characters are currently in my wishlist for the next time I have money. They are amazingly well done and beautiful too, I love the attention to details you put into all of your items. 

• AdieneAdiene Posts: 69

Just found these! Thank you so much, they are amazing <3 

• MilosGulanMilosGulan Posts: 1,950

Thank You very much. This looks really good.

• lefteyelefteye Posts: 9

"Thanks", I will try as I might to get them all into daz 4.9, still having trouble getting stuff to install and be usable