Gentle paladin armor

SummerhorseSummerhorse Posts: 684
edited March 2017 in The Commons

Just a heads up,  for people who can never have too much fantasy armor :the lovely Gentle Paladin armor by Bluebird is only 2.99 right now!

http://www.daz3d.com/gentle-paladin-for-genesis-3-females

https://www.daz3d.com/jeanne- the texture add on is only 2.09...

https://www.daz3d.com/dragon-hunt-weapons and these are free!

Post edited by Summerhorse on

Comments

• ZippyGuitarZippyGuitar Posts: 820
    Yep, definitely a nice looking outfit. I grabbed it and the Jeanne expansion. And that price is crazy cheap.
  • How well does that work on G3M? Thanks

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,896

How well does it fit to Genesis 2?

edited March 2017

How well does it fit to Genesis 2?

I know these are not the best renders, but hopefully they offer what you need. The typical issues such as knee armor bending, and a little distortion in the groin/thigh area of the dress. I usually can get this fixed with some dial tweaking and using Sickleyield's 'fixes', but I was too lazy to do it here. ;)

Um, I need to figure out how to upload images...sorry frown

Gentle Paladin test 2.jpg
    926 x 1000 - 405K
    Gentle Paladin test.jpg
    740 x 1000 - 317K
    Post edited by ZippyGuitar on
  • XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421

It's always so awesome to see non-skimpwear armour for female characters. :)

• deathbycanondeathbycanon Posts: 1,227

1st thing in my cart this morning. 

• JazzyBearJazzyBear Posts: 798

The textures are a MUST HAVE!

• ZyloxZylox Posts: 787

How does the armor render in 3Delight?  A couple months ago Bluebird 3d produced a couple of products with both iRay and 3Delight shaders where the 3Delight shaders were horrible(Christmas ornaments and cookies). Hopefully this product is better. The add-on textures by Moyra should be great.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Wait a minute.  $2.99?  Why did I pay $3.49 for it as Platinum club member

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,822

It may have been an early price glitch or some such. I just bought it and only paid $2.99 and I'm a PC member.

edited March 2017

Yeah, I think the outfit was $2.99 and the Jeanne expansion was $2.09 or $2.08, something like that. I bought it this afternoon, but they sat in my cart all day at those prices. 

And as Jazzy Bear mentioned, Moyra's Jeanne addon really is amazing. This outfit looks great...I definitely expect to see several texture expansions for this outfit.

Post edited by ZippyGuitar on
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,601

It's always so awesome to see non-skimpwear armour for female characters. :)

Exactly why I didn't buy it, but it's nice to have choices though.

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,317

Is anyone else having problems with the sword not following the pose or the supported shapes, the sword doesn't stay in the belt loop when posed or when something like the Girl body shape is applied.

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,742

Do you have the green banner? That takes off 10%.

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287

Anyone else having trouble getting the Gentile Paladin armor to go into your cart? I've been trying on and off over the past couple days to get it to go in my cart but nothing happens when I click on the Add To Cart button. I don't recall ever having this issue before with any other product. 

• nattaruknattaruk Posts: 525
    edited March 2017

Anyone else having trouble getting the Gentile Paladin armor to go into your cart? I've been trying on and off over the past couple days to get it to go in my cart but nothing happens when I click on the Add To Cart button. I don't recall ever having this issue before with any other product. 

Yeah, I've also had problems.... try using https://www.daz.com/shop  rather than http://www.daz.com/shop

Post edited by nattaruk on
  • AdreanAdrean Posts: 135

My first thought:

Wait, it's NOT bikini armor?! Is Daz hacked or something?

Then both the item and the texture went into the cart immediately.

The collar part is actually useful to compliment many armor sets for males.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

Is there a hand pose for the sword? Or does it only load on the hip in the scabbard?

• nattaruknattaruk Posts: 525

The sword is a separate prop but disappointingly there is no hand pose; I'm using a pose from another set and manually positioning the sword into the hand.

• jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

Thanks nattaruk. I'll take it off the wish list then. Including a sword that ONLY loads on the hip is a no- buy from me. 

nattaruk said:

The sword is a separate prop but disappointingly there is no hand pose; I'm using a pose from another set and manually positioning the sword into the hand.

• It's always so awesome to see non-skimpwear armour for female characters. :)

Exactly why I didn't buy it, but it's nice to have choices though.

I also mostly prefer skimpwear, but one can always get creative with Opacity maps when there are chainmail surfaces (if that's the intent of the render, anyway).

At PC+ pricing, there's a lot to like about this outfit.

• Oso3DOso3D Posts: 14,896

I decided to go for it. It's only $2.69 for me, and I like to reward people thinking outside the exotic dancer box.

scorpio said:

Is anyone else having problems with the sword not following the pose or the supported shapes, the sword doesn't stay in the belt loop when posed or when something like the Girl body shape is applied.

Yes, I failed to mention that earlier. However, I parented the scabbard to the hip of the outfit rather than the...forgot what it was parented to, and it followed just fine.
  • HavosHavos Posts: 5,311

I picked this up today, if anyone is wondering how well this fits on other figures then I have posted the results below.

G2F fit was very good, for G3M there was some issues in the breast area (not surprisingly), they were not completely smooth as I would have liked, but showed a visible "man boob" effect. I largely fixed this by increasing the smoothing and applying a few breast/chest morphs. I got a slightly better fit using Sickleyields Ultra Templates for G3M (https://www.daz3d.com/sy-ultra-templates-for-genesis-3-male-s), but the default fit was not bad either. There was also a slight distortion in the crotch area, which is barely visible in the render. Again using Sickleyields DeTriangulator morph helped to mitigate this.

G2F Paladin.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 96K
    G3M Paladin.jpg
    1024 x 1024 - 109K
  • Thank you Havos

• Joe WebbJoe Webb Posts: 837

For less than $3 and not a metal bikini this is a no-brainer purchase. I don't know how 'gentle' a two-handed sword is, but this is a great armor set. Right here is a reason to get the Platinum Club if you don't already subscribe to it.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

Love this! The puffy sleeves and attention to detail with the ruffled hem. It's an everyday dress! The boots go fine with it and can be used for other outfits. All for just $2.99

• 3Diva3Diva Posts: 11,287
    edited March 2017
    nattaruk said:

Yeah, I've also had problems.... try using https://www.daz.com/shop  rather than http://www.daz.com/shop

I tried that and I get this message:

Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from www.daz.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards).

NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID

Edit - I finally got it to load into my cart by going to the main sale page (and not the March Madness page) and scrolling until I could find it and adding it to my cart from that front page (not clicking on the item and not going to it's promo page).

It's an odd work around but I'm glad to finally able to add it to my cart. Finally. lol Odd glitch.

Post edited by 3Diva on

Do you have the green banner? That takes off 10%.

Sorry I got sidetracked.  Yes, I have the banner so it was like $3.08 or something.  Not worth putting a ticket in but darn annoying.

jakiblue said:

Is there a hand pose for the sword? Or does it only load on the hip in the scabbard?

Has anyone tried using a different hand pose from a different weapons set?  This sometimes works.  sometimes not...