Look at my Hair (LAMH) Official Thread: update 1.6.0.2 released

Comments

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,495
    edited March 2013

Here's a furry critter- the easter bunny has gone crazy!!! Furred with LAMH, hair exported as obj and rendered in less than 5 minutes! WHOA. Character is the lovely rabbit shape LEPUS by philosopher's Egg ( http://philosophersegg.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_3&products_id=30 ) injected into V4 instead of M4. Cool sword is Hexxus sword of Chaos. And of course furred with the amazing LAMH plugin. Image was made for a contest at Dreamslayerartworks. SO MUCH FUN. :D

BloodThirstyBunnyS.jpg
    1200 x 1200 - 552K
    Post edited by DisparateDreamer on
  • CathyMCathyM Posts: 261
    edited December 1969

Wow Alia I really love your rabbit picture! I also wanted to say thanks so much for all the presets you've done and shared with everyone, you are really talented at making hair styles! I also really loved your mermaid picture, the colors especially make it so beautiful. I have LAMH but aside from a little dabbling I haven't done much with it yet.

I finally printed out the manual and am going to make a cautious attempt at using it - when I applied the preset for the wolf's fur and tried rendering it in DS, my computer crashed - since I "upgraded" to Windows 8 my video card has become a bit finicky - I hadn't read the manual when I tried though, so maybe if I'm more careful I can use this plugin too:-) I need to make some wool for the Daz sheep and lamb :-)

Again thanks so much for your enthusiasm and your generosity, and also thanks so much to Alessandro and Kendall for all their hard work and dedication to this product - what a fantastic creation! -Cathy

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

That rabbit's dynamite!

Should we hope for or against anyone she comes across having read the Book of Armaments...? ;-)

edited March 2013

What's the book of Armaments? O.o *scurries off to look*

EDIT: OHHHHHHHHHHHH. yeah. I knew that. >_<;;;; *embarrassed* Can't believe I didn't think of that myself. :P</p>

Post edited by DisparateDreamer on
    edited December 1969

another simple picture made with LAMH :)

in retrospect I should have made the hair a bit more spikey and not so droopy but that is my fault of course :P

BunnyAndButterflyS.jpg
    1200 x 966 - 762K
  • Mari-AnneMari-Anne Posts: 363
    edited December 1969

another simple picture made with LAMH :)

in retrospect I should have made the hair a bit more spikey and not so droopy but that is my fault of course :P

I think it's absolutely adorable just the way it is! What a cutey!!

edited December 1969

New pic... hair all exported as object :) figure is genesis.

DreamMakerM2.jpg
    1200 x 960 - 661K
  • themarkcymruthemarkcymru Posts: 86
    edited December 1969

I was so excited to get down and dirty using LAMH.
    I originally installed successfully and had a little go. Then came a DAZ Studio update.
    I ended up having to un-instal LAMH and re-instal. Although LAMH still works the icon within the aZ interface has vanished.
    I have included some screen shots to better explain this. Although it does't really effect the workability of LAMH it's just irritating.

LAMH.jpg
    249 x 724 - 47K
  • Norse GraphicsNorse Graphics Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Here's a furry critter- the easter bunny has gone crazy!!! Furred with LAMH, hair exported as obj and rendered in less than 5 minutes! WHOA. Character is the lovely rabbit shape LEPUS by philosopher's Egg ( http://philosophersegg.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1_3&products_id=30 ) injected into V4 instead of M4. Cool sword is Hexxus sword of Chaos. And of course furred with the amazing LAMH plugin. Image was made for a contest at Dreamslayerartworks. SO MUCH FUN. :D

Give her a lightsaber, and you'll have Darth Poelagus - a Sithlord that would make Sidious shake in his boots! :lol:

• TenguTengu Posts: 416
    edited December 1969

I just DL'd the free player, with an interest in buying the plugin for use with Lux via Reality. "To .Obj" crashes Daz every time, with any of the Genesis presets I've tried :(

• Kendall SearsKendall Sears Posts: 2,995
    edited December 1969

Tengu23 said:
    I just DL'd the free player, with an interest in buying the plugin for use with Lux via Reality. "To .Obj" crashes Daz every time, with any of the Genesis presets I've tried :(

To output the OBJ make sure that the following folder exists:

"Documents/DAZ 3D/Studio/lookatmyhairAM/geometry"

That is where the obj is written.

Kendall

edited December 1969

Ah, so I have to create the folder myself?

The dialogue that pops up made me presume the plugin created it.

edited December 1969

I originally installed successfully and had a little go. Then came a DAZ Studio update.
    I ended up having to un-instal LAMH and re-instal. Although LAMH still works the icon within the aZ interface has vanished.
    I have included some screen shots to better explain this. Although it does't really effect the workability of LAMH it's just irritating.

The resources folder for LAMH has probably been deleted as part of of your DS reinstall. Reinstall LAMH and those should come back.

Kendall

edited December 1969

Yup, I created the folders and it works now :)

Thanks for the incredibly speedy response!

edited December 1969

Tengu23 said:
    Yup, I created the folders and it works now :)

Thanks for the incredibly speedy response!

Since this is a beta, not everything is polished yet :-) A few things made it through the cracks. The folders exist for those with the full plugin and no one noticed that they weren't created when the beta was uploaded. :-(

We believe in making sure our customers are supported :-)

I hope you have fun. Please report any issues to krsears (at) trdc.biz.

Kendall

edited December 1969

The resources folder for LAMH has probably been deleted as part of of your DS reinstall. Reinstall LAMH and those should come back.

Kendall
    Thanks Kendal,
    Tried a re-intall, still no luck. The only folder I can find, which has a png of the LAMH icon a resources folder and shaders folder is located here:
    Applications/DAZ3D/plugins.
    I don't know why but it feels like it's been installed to the wrong directory.
    The obvious file which is in the right places is - "lamhPlugin.64.dylib", which is under plugins.

edited December 1969

Sorry, mistake on the directory path, here is the correct directory for above post:
    Applications/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4 64-bit/plugins

edited December 1969

Sorry, mistake on the directory path, here is the correct directory for above post:

One way around the issue was to drill down Window/workspace/customise. Find the LAMH plugin, right click and change icon.
  • Alessandro MastronardiAlessandro Mastronardi Posts: 2,593
    edited December 1969

One way around the issue was to drill down Window/workspace/customise. Find the LAMH plugin, right click and change icon.

Hi, what you say makes sense. Another way to solve the issue of icons disappearing, or even menu items gone in Studio (I had that occasionally occurring after a Studio update: some time the Shader Mixer menu item was gone, or other UI buttons too), is to reset the workspace from the menu: Window->Worspace->Select Layout and clicking Apply.
    That should recreate all the UI items and reset the workspace...

edited December 1969

Paleoartist Luca Massini gave me permission to share this last render, a baby gang of velociraptors attacking a gallimimus and guess what… all furred in Look at my Hair. Render done in Vue. Total file size 1.4GB.

file_2421199.jpg
    1400 x 788 - 441K
    edited December 1969

Hi, i re-rendered the last picture I did with UE lights and I think it looks WAY better (and make the skin less shiny/plastic looking) So I repost :)

Also, Heads up that LAMH is march madness item today (http://www.daz3d.com/catalog/product/view/id/15548/s/look-at-my-hair/category/1436/)! 50% off WOO HOO go get it :D its madness I tell you :) And so is Alessandro's awesome African Village Toolkit (http://www.daz3d.com/catalog/product/view/id/11785/s/african-village-toolkit-by-am/category/1436/)

Anyway here's the reworked version of my picture, i think its a lot better!!

DreamMakerS.jpg
    1200 x 956 - 773K
    edited December 1969

Hi, i re-rendered the last picture I did with UE lights and I think it looks WAY better (and make the skin less shiny/plastic looking) So I repost :)

Also, Heads up that LAMH is march madness item today (http://www.daz3d.com/catalog/product/view/id/15548/s/look-at-my-hair/category/1436/)! 50% off WOO HOO go get it :D its madness I tell you :) And so is Alessandro's awesome African Village Toolkit (http://www.daz3d.com/catalog/product/view/id/11785/s/african-village-toolkit-by-am/category/1436/)

Anyway here's the reworked version of my picture, i think its a lot better!!

Awesome image Amy! :)

• MadbatMadbat Posts: 382
    edited December 1969

What's with the stupid Spy's-R-Us installation process requiring 3 different codes to activate?

• agent unawaresagent unawares Posts: 3,513
    edited December 1969

Madbat said:
    What's with the stupid Spy's-R-Us installation process requiring 3 different codes to activate?

The activation process is only to generate an individual install code for your machine. It's not going to give away super-special secrets everyone's just been watching over your shoulder to snatch this whole time.
  • cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
    edited December 1969

Just ask if something is confusing, no need to throw things out windows or bring out the pitchforks. LOL. Cridgit I'm not sure why on earth you think the code or serial number would be on facebook, nothing says anything about that anywhere >_<;;</p>

If you have questions we're all happy to help :)
    Glad you got it installed and working. As you can see from pictures, the program is a wonderful hair design tool.

I'm working on a sleek new hairstyle now :D Will share of course! By request ^^

edited May 2022

Redacted

edited May 2022

Redacted

edited December 1969

cridgit said:
    Here's a serious question: how do I change the default content library path for LAMH?

Its gone and created yet another separate content library folder. I don't WANT another content library folder - I want to use the folders I already have. Any way to change this?

Hi cridgit, do you mean the lookatmyhair/presets folder?

edited May 2022

Redacted