Released - Ancient Legendary Armor [Commercial]

StrangeFateStrangeFate Posts: 758
edited February 2017 in Daz PA Commercial Products

Hi, my second product will hopefully be out soon. It's a fantasy armor set + 1 and 2 Hand Swords + 7 H. poses for Genesis 3 Females.

popup_6.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 358K
popup_16.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 321K
popup_17.jpg
1000 x 1300 - 552K
popup_18.jpg
1300 x 1000 - 212K
Post edited by StrangeFate on

Comments

• LlynaraLlynara Posts: 4,770

Absolutely amazing! Can't wait!

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,604

Wicked!! i am not big on the bulky shoulder pads or the boots, but the reast looks amazing!! Any chance of some renders which just mix and match parts instead of all in one?

BTW GREAT promo render! She has such attitude!

• She's for sure a departure from the usual fantasy stuff on Daz FSMCDesigns :)

I'll see what I can do over the next few days about a small group render with mixed/partial armor on.

I can offer a close up until then :)

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Its a fantastic set and super easy to work with.  I really can't say enough about this one it really really well done.

• Thadeus72Thadeus72 Posts: 408

wonderful !

• Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116

Looks good!

• GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,488

I'll be honest. When I first saw this previewed I thought, we'll there's another impractical set of armor. Myeah, it's not really in the vein of the type images I usually render. Then ....some of the most amazing promotional images I have literally ever seen starting popping up. Now I don't think I could pass this up. Heirarchical poses are a major draw for me. Love that you included that!

• StrangeFateStrangeFate Posts: 758
    edited January 2017

Interesting, I wasn't going to include any poses but I gues I'm glad I did :)

More promo images then:

and one for the Texture pack I'm wrapping up now. It comes with 6 different variants.
    The armor's surfaces are borken up in a way that allows you to mix and match them in a visually reasonable way. For example, the blue armor on the left is wearing the white face plate of a different variant and most armor pieces have such smaller areas that can be swapped out. All the trims (the gold or silver areas) are swappable too... and the cloth parts of course.

Post edited by Chohole on
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,604

Great new promos! this is a must have for me. The belts, loin cloth and other smaller peices will be very useful for kitbashing as I do lots of red Sonja/Warrior women type scenes. I REALLY hope this does well as I would love to see more outfits like this in the future!. I had better be careful with posing as the bottom of that breast peice will slice her open if she leans forward too much, LOL

too bad about the addon texture pack, I never purchase additional textures, always felt they should be included with a product

• dreamfarmerdreamfarmer Posts: 2,128

I buy texture packs but rarely the same day as a base product. And I do this DESPITE having a HUGE shader collection. Addicts R Us.

I love the bulky armor look. Gives me flashbacks to good times playing games where the characters looked like that.

edited January 2017

Well, I hope the texture packs will add more than generic shaders as they come with lots of detail, scratched paint in the right areas etc. And yeah, I'd probably not buy tthe textures at the same time as the main product either... better test a product, then add to it if it's worth it.

As for additional textures being part of the original product... I think that depends on how much effort the additional textures require. I felt like I had 2 choices. I could include all the textures I wanted to do in the main product and raise the price, or have the price lower and put the textures in a separate product.
    Option 2 felt better as some people simply won't care for the other colors and I figured they shouldn't have to pay more for them.

If the additional materials had been a matter of just shifting some colors in PS and be done with it in 2 minutes, then yeah, I would have thrown them happily into the main product as I did with the poses. The poses came all came together while doing the promos, so they cost me no real extra effort and didn't consider them for the pricing.

• SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,084

Great job!

• can't wait crying

edited January 2017

The additional textures are awesome.  If you can, I would get them. They really aren't just slight changes in color.

Icy Blue Kadis Armour.png
    988 x 1600 - 2M
    Post edited by IceDragonArt on
    edited January 2017

Made a new render with some bits of armor off.

Removed image... realized I posted a newer render below again :/

• ALLIEKATBLUEALLIEKATBLUE Posts: 2,962

Is this out? I want it

Its been submitted to Daz so it should be available soon

Great

• KnittingmommyKnittingmommy Posts: 8,191
    edited January 2017

I was playing around with the armor to see how it looks with just the Sun-Sky lighting in DS.  I have to say it looks pretty good.  I still have to play around with figuring out latitudes and longitudes to get the exact lighting I want, but even with as much shadow as I have, it's still a great looking piece of armor.

KadisArmorSunSkyOnly.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 680K
    Post edited by Knittingmommy on

I'm confused is this out or not? How are renders being posted if the product is not out yet?

• I'm confused is this out or not? How are renders being posted if the product is not out yet?

Some people were testing the armor :)

Knittingmommy, I think you forgot to use the restore chest pose in that image to have the breasts look... better, after resetting the figure's pose. :)

oooo ok

• I'm confused is this out or not? How are renders being posted if the product is not out yet?

Some people were testing the armor :)

Knittingmommy, I think you forgot to use the restore chest pose in that image to have the breasts look... better, after resetting the figure's pose. :)

That's possible.  I'll take a look at that when I get back this evening.  There are so many things with this set to play with and so many possibilities.  People are going to love using this armor.

I'm confused is this out or not? How are renders being posted if the product is not out yet?

Ah, sorry, Alliekatblue!  I should have put in my post that I was a tester.  Forgive me for the oversight.  I think you will love the armor when it comes out.

I can't wait. It all looks so good
  • ConnaticConnatic Posts: 279

I was playing around with the armor to see how it looks with just the Sun-Sky lighting in DS.  I have to say it looks pretty good.  I still have to play around with figuring out latitudes and longitudes to get the exact lighting I want, but even with as much shadow as I have, it's still a great looking piece of armor.

There is a way to precisely aim the sun!  Create a new camera (I label it "suncam" to avoid confusion) then click on the list under SS Sun Node and choose Suncam from the list.  Now use Suncam as your view camera and aim it how you want the sun to shine.  Switch back to whatever camera you were using as a render view and when you render the Sun will be right where you aimed the Suncam.   Make sure your dome rotation and orientations are set to zero.

• Romulus71Romulus71 Posts: 142

Looks great! Will be an instant buy for me. Been trying to create something similar in Blender but my skill level just isn't there yet. Hope you have a similar style set in the works for G3M because that will be an instant buy as well.

• Connatic said:

There is a way to precisely aim the sun!  Create a new camera (I label it "suncam" to avoid confusion) then click on the list under SS Sun Node and choose Suncam from the list.  Now use Suncam as your view camera and aim it how you want the sun to shine.  Switch back to whatever camera you were using as a render view and when you render the Sun will be right where you aimed the Suncam.   Make sure your dome rotation and orientations are set to zero.

Oh, thanks!  I'll give that a try.  I hadn't read about doing it that way.

• Romulus71 said:

Looks great! Will be an instant buy for me. Been trying to create something similar in Blender but my skill level just isn't there yet. Hope you have a similar style set in the works for G3M because that will be an instant buy as well.

I do, I have plenty of rough ideas for male armors. Not sure it will be the next thing I do (as I want to do too many things already), but they'll come for sure.

Another render:

• I absolutely love this! Especially the big shoulders and boots- it really hasa World of Warcraft flavor to it.

As other's have said, I really hope you make more in this style-especially for the guys.

• Did a quick render with some mixed gear versions: