The Snow Bikini Complaint Thread

Comments

• ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 2012

Rezca said:
    ^_^ Thanks~

I think it is the render settings pulling something... I checked the background terrain and there isn't any displacement on it... I even enabled depth of field and used the preset Final quality setting and it rendered in 17min

Looks real good, and scary - like the last thing you would want to see on a nice day out in the woods :)

Post edited by ps1borg on
  • RezcaRezca Posts: 3,393
    edited December 2012

ps1borg said:
    Rezca said:
    ^_^ Thanks~

I think it is the render settings pulling something... I checked the background terrain and there isn't any displacement on it... I even enabled depth of field and used the preset Final quality setting and it rendered in 17min

Looks real good, and scary - like the last thing you would want to see on a nice day out in the woods :)

Thankfully with this lil guy it won't be the last thing you see on a nice day out in the woods ^_^

Lucas is more shy than aggressive, and not the sort to attack people at random unless you give him a reason to :)
    He's just jumping for joy here XD

Post edited by Rezca on
    edited December 2012

Was reading a tutorial on the web about the render settings and what they do...
    Most of it was pretty accurate, up until this part:

Global illumination (GI) – Really nice but need to setup carefully to avoid long render
    times.
    Global radiosity (GR) – Use for indoor scenes only– you won't notice an improvement over
    Global illumination for outdoor scenes
    and will significantly increase the render time.

I underlined the part I scoffed at quite audibly. There is often a massive difference in outdoor scenes between GI and GR. ^_^
    A quick browse through Quadspinner's website should be proof of that. I was also looking at the book "Realism in Vue" and he showed several examples of a scene using Global Ambience, then Global Illumination, and then Global Radiance. GR was a huge improvement over GA, and a slight improvement over GI. Then in two other scenes showed the difference between GI and GR. In one canyon scene the canyon was mostly dark - in the GR version it was illuminated quite well, and the "Color bleed" from the canyon walls not present in GI was impressive (And something I notice in real life a lot).

'Course the tutorial/overview was written for Vue 5, and RIV was written using 7, 8, and 9. Lot has changed since the earlier versions, so is possible GA was not as awesome as it is today =P

So uh... Random musing? =P

Post edited by Rezca on
    edited December 1969

Always been fascinated by light, ooh look - shiny ! :lol:

edited December 2012

random: sometimes teh internet is baffling, unclear, perplexing, puzzling, mystifying, disconcerting; ambiguous, misleading, inconsistent, contradictory; inexplicable and unfathomable. I guess 99% of those times would be caused by user error :)

Post edited by ps1borg on
    edited December 1969

Normally I wouldn't get annoyed with these sorts of comments, but seriously this is the fourth time this guy has made a "The anatomy on your dinosaur is wrong" remark on my submissions, and not the first time I've tried explaining "I just buy the models, I don't make them - and I know that the anatomy is wrong".

1st - Comments on one of my raptors saying it doesn't have feathers. I explain I ALREADY KNOW THAT just I don't have the ability to add 'em.
    2nd - Comments on one of my Trex images with the same comment (Literally pasted but swapping raptor with Trex). I hide the comment and inform him I don't want to start a debate on that as it's not been fully proven like it has with the raptor.
    3rd - Comments again on one of my other raptors stating "cool but it still doesn't have feathers". I once again inform him I do not have the ability to do that.
    4th and nearing the last straw with the guy - comments once more on my raptor, this time pointing out the "broken wrist" thing common in the "Old Raptor Model" that I personally have a dislike of as well,... But the fact I pointed out in the submission description it isn't a realistic raptor nor is it intended to be, and that I've explained multiple times I already know that it isn't realistic, AND the fact he has yet to comment on any of my raptor drawings (Where I have attempted to make them more "modern"), is starting to tick me off.

~NinjaMonkey38
    What's with the downward-facing hands?

~Akaikosh
    Why does it matter?

~NinjaMonkey38
    The hands weren't folded downward on theropod dinosaurs. They can't fold the hands so the palm is facing down.

~Akaikosh
    Find the part where I mention this being a realistic dinosaur and repeat it to me. I'll get back to you after that. Also keep in mind my comments on the other raptor image of mine.

I'll make it as simple as I can and I hope you listen this time - I can't do anything about that, and in this case I don't care. I do have two raptors modeled realistically - proportions, skull shape, wrists, the feathers and protofeathers, everything. I just didn't use it here because this guy looks cute.
    Don't bother pointing out what is wrong with these - I KNOW THAT IT IS WRONG, I UNDERSTAND THAT.

If you want to comment on the artistic aspect of the image fine. If you want to ask questions about the technical parts like how I made it great. But pointing out the anatomy issues in the dinosaur you can kindly keep to yourself.

edited December 1969

Finally finished with the image though. Four hours of rendering. =)
    the Depth of Field is a bit grainy but no matter XD

LucasLeap.jpg
    850 x 1200 - 757K
    edited December 1969

That's a fine image :)

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    That's a fine image :)

Thanks =3

Little Lucas the raptor leaping for joy... Or pouncing onto a potential meal?
    Whatever his intentions, he sure seems excited! XD

• RarethRareth Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:
    Normally I wouldn't get annoyed with these sorts of comments, but seriously this is the fourth time this guy has made a "The anatomy on your dinosaur is wrong" remark on my submissions, and not the first time I've tried explaining "I just buy the models, I don't make them - and I know that the anatomy is wrong".

1st - Comments on one of my raptors saying it doesn't have feathers. I explain I ALREADY KNOW THAT just I don't have the ability to add 'em.
    2nd - Comments on one of my Trex images with the same comment (Literally pasted but swapping raptor with Trex). I hide the comment and inform him I don't want to start a debate on that as it's not been fully proven like it has with the raptor.
    3rd - Comments again on one of my other raptors stating "cool but it still doesn't have feathers". I once again inform him I do not have the ability to do that.
    4th and nearing the last straw with the guy - comments once more on my raptor, this time pointing out the "broken wrist" thing common in the "Old Raptor Model" that I personally have a dislike of as well,... But the fact I pointed out in the submission description it isn't a realistic raptor nor is it intended to be, and that I've explained multiple times I already know that it isn't realistic, AND the fact he has yet to comment on any of my raptor drawings (Where I have attempted to make them more "modern"), is starting to tick me off.

~NinjaMonkey38

~Akaikosh
    Why does it matter?

~NinjaMonkey38
    The hands weren't folded downward on theropod dinosaurs. They can't fold the hands so the palm is facing down.

~Akaikosh
    Find the part where I mention this being a realistic dinosaur and repeat it to me. I'll get back to you after that. Also keep in mind my comments on the other raptor image of mine.

I'll make it as simple as I can and I hope you listen this time - I can't do anything about that, and in this case I don't care. I do have two raptors modeled realistically - proportions, skull shape, wrists, the feathers and protofeathers, everything. I just didn't use it here because this guy looks cute.
    Don't bother pointing out what is wrong with these - I KNOW THAT IT IS WRONG, I UNDERSTAND THAT.

If you want to comment on the artistic aspect of the image fine. If you want to ask questions about the technical parts like how I made it great. But pointing out the anatomy issues in the dinosaur you can kindly keep to yourself.

folks are nitpicking artistic depictions of dinosaurs? where are these twits?.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

groan, heaving my guts out last night. my voice is a squeak. sipping gatorade and ice chips.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

Kyoto Kid said:
    M F M said:
    Aiko3 drop... worth sending her over to the A3 appreciation thread?

...I'd say so.

+1,000,000

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 25,752
    edited December 1969

I am playing with Hitomi in DS4.5, but I am having difficulties with the lights.

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

groan, heaving my guts out last night. my voice is a squeak. sipping gatorade and ice chips.

/oh geez :bug: :bug: Feel better SOONEST!!!

• WoolyloachWoolyloach Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Another chilly day in Austin, Texas! Highs around 50f, could be worse!

PPro is actually pretty usable on this 15.6in display.. some bits are hard to see, but it's workable, so I'm able to do things and not just curse at it (heh). Still thinking of a quad-core i7 lappy with a 17in display but DANG they're expensive! :gulp:

The local honky-tonk is having food and a rockabilly band New Years Eve so that's where I'm going to go. Should be a blast, and it's in walking distance! :)

Complaint: last weeks stress has screwed up my sleep, so I feel run down today. I'll probably end up spending all day in bed, and then tomorrow I have to go to the back house and organize what to keep out and what to shove into storage. Sigh.

Non-complaint: triple shot latte'! :ahhh: I think I'm waking up enough to hunt down some lunch!!!

edited December 2012

I want a cup of tea or a cup of coffee,

Post edited by Sfariah D on
  • wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

I have gone through this thread with a fine tooth combe!

I CANNOT FIND THE SNOW BIKINI!!!! HOW COME???

• M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited December 2012

Still working on it!... the snow keeps melting before I can get around to pressing [R]ender >_<.</p>

Got my idea though... the spirit is willing, but the render is weak (v_v).

Post edited by M F M on
    edited December 1969

wancow said:
    I have gone through this thread with a fine tooth combe!

I CANNOT FIND THE SNOW BIKINI!!!! HOW COME???

There is no snow here

• JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

I want a cup of tea, a cup of coffee, a beer or two, a extra large chocolate milkshake, a rootbeer float, a Coke a Cola Slushy, a cream soda, a Banana Split with sprinkles, a Dairy Queen soft serve cone, a double patty bacon cheese burger from a good Mom and Pop place and a pizza with the works.

Man, I got alot of wants...
  • M F MM F M Posts: 1,388
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:
    I want a cup of tea, a cup of coffee, a beer or two, a extra large chocolate milkshake, a rootbeer float, a Coke a Cola Slushy, a cream soda, a Banana Split with sprinkles, a Dairy Queen soft serve cone, a double patty bacon cheese burger from a good Mom and Pop place and a pizza with the works.

... an' a partriiiiiidge in a pear tree! ;-)
  • JaderailJaderail Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

M F M said:
    Jaderail said:

... an' a partriiiiiidge in a pear tree! ;-)Served well done with the poached pears on the side with whipped topping.
  • wancowwancow Posts: 2,708
    edited December 1969

M F M said:
    Still working on it!... the snow keeps melting before I can get around to pressing [R]ender >_<.</p>

Got my idea though... the spirit is willing, but the render is weak (v_v).

I'm inferring something obscene from this... but since this is the DAZ forum, I won't go there :P

edited December 1969

Pfft this rendered at a similar resolution if not slightly larger, with cleaner depth of field, and only in an hour.

I think I need to work more on tinkering with Vue's render settings =/
    Just slapped the Broadcast preset on and rendered and it turned out better than mine. Slightly better, and faster.

Raptorscrap13.jpg
    1280 x 924 - 866K
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,617
    edited December 1969

Rareth said:
    Rezca said:

~NinjaMonkey38

~Akaikosh
    Why does it matter?

~NinjaMonkey38

~Akaikosh

folks are nitpicking artistic depictions of dinosaurs? where are these twits?.

...do these people really, really even know for sure? Without actually being able to travel back in time (and it's a good thing we can't considering how stupid humanity generally is) It amounts to nothing more than speculation and "educated guessing based on piles of bones. Who knows? Maybe the one they found suffered terrible arthritis which deformed the joints or some other defect so it couldn't fold it's hands down.

...or maybe they were missing a few pieces and had to "improvise".

...or just put the darn thing together wrong.

edited December 1969

Here is an M5 attempt?

beardedm5.jpg
    784 x 800 - 188K
    edited December 2012

Kyoto Kid said:

...do these people really, really even know for sure? Without actually being able to travel back in time (and it's a good thing we can't considering how stupid humanity generally is) It amounts to nothing more than speculation and "educated guessing based on piles of bones. Who knows? Maybe the one they found suffered terrible arthritis which deformed the joints or some other defect so it couldn't fold it's hands down.

...or maybe they were missing a few pieces and had to "improvise".

...or just put the darn thing together wrong.

Yes, these people really do know for sure the raptor hands weren't the "zombie human-like" arms and wrists, and we go know the raptors had feathers. Pretty much every raptor skeleton found showed this, and after the first hundred or so found it's hard to deem that a mere coincidence. Whether or not *all* Theropods had the "Pointing inwards" hands like the raptors I don't know, but the raptors did.

There are other dinosaurs which were missing half or more of the skeleton and so educated guessing had to be made (And thus any full reconstruction of it had to be taken lightly), and many earlier dinosaurs were found with only partial skeletons originally.

As for putting it together wrong... Very very rare. Some of the skeletons they've found even had muscle tissue still sticking the bones together. Patches of scales, even the remains of its meals in the belly (Or where the belly would have been) in the case of much larger dinosaurs.
    So yeah, highly unlikely that the many raptor fossils and skeletons they've found that all display the same arm style is just a mere coincidence.

Post edited by Rezca on
  • RarethRareth Posts: 1,458
    edited December 1969

did someone want coffee?

coffee-mug.JPG
    720 x 480 - 90K
    edited December 1969

Mmph I had something to say and now I've forgotten it D=

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,617
    edited December 1969

Jaderail said:

...some chevapi with lots of good veggies wrapped in a pita also from a "momma & poppa" place (and I know where one is), some Turkish coffee, a pint of "real" English hard cider, a couple pints of "Real" Guinness (from Ireland not Canada), bacon, lots of bacon, a couple good Cuban cigars, another week off from work, Summer (the season, not Glau), winning the Megabucks lotto, a "real" cure for "Uncle Arthur.", J.M Straczynski to give up on his plans to remake the 50's SciFi masterpiece Forbidden Planet...

...can never want too much.

This discussion has been closed.