Downloads page shows 3 different versions of everything?

CreativebushCreativebush Posts: 0
edited December 1969 in New Users

I'm a new user with Daz3D 4.5. I just purchased the Genesis Michael Victoria Combo Bundle. But when I go to the downloads page there are 3 versions of everything.

For example:
Genesis Michael Victoria Combo Bundle - Victoria 5 - Poser Companion - Mac
Genesis Michael Victoria Combo Bundle - Victoria 5 - Legacy - MAC
Genesis Michael Victoria Combo Bundle - Victoria 5 - DSON Core - Mac

Do I have to download all 3 versions? If I have Daz 4.5 do I only need one version? If so which one.

Any help clearing up the bazillion downloads I have for one purchase would be GREATLY appreciated :)

Thanks
Paul <-- newbie</p>

Comments

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

You need the DSON core files fif you are using DS4.5, and also for Poser.
    You need the Legacy files for DS4 and prior.
    You need the Poser companion files for Poser

• CreativebushCreativebush Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

Okay, if I understand correctly if I only have Daz 4.5 then I only need to install the DSON Core stuff?

Thanks!

Paul

edited December 1969

Yup, THat's right

• CreativebushCreativebush Posts: 0
    edited December 1969

chohole said:
    Yup, THat's right

Thank you sooooo much, you've been extremely helpful with my newbie questions.

I really appreciate it.

Paul

edited December 1969

I am plaesed I could hep you

• Joe CotterJoe Cotter Posts: 3,259
    edited December 1969

Thank you chohole, this can be confusing. It would be nice if there was a sticky that outlined the various file formats that are available for download and what is appropriate in various situations, in a condensed and easy to understand way.

Along the same lines, something that oulined mc6 vs pz2 vs... for those of us that only use DS, for those that use both... etc... would be helpful 'as a sticky' for some of us. Ty :)

• SzarkSzark Posts: 10,634
    edited December 1969

Yep this one thread saves so much time in explaining this to others...in my CV folder the link went and already used. :)

• pwalters58pwalters58 Posts: 72
    edited November 2012

OK, so if I am downloading M5 for Daz Studio 4.5 and I use Poser 7, do I still use the DSON stuff and the Poser compainion files? I thought that DSON was only for Poser 9.

Post edited by pwalters58 on
    edited December 1969

Yes DSON only works with Poser 9 and above. So you won't be able to use M5 in poser 7

You will need to download the DSON files to use in DS 4.5, but won't need the Poser companion files.

• pwalters58pwalters58 Posts: 72
    edited December 1969

Bummer. I guess I will have to upgrade my Poser copy. I can guess that future DAZ products will not work in earlier version of Poser.

edited December 1969

Well certainly anything that is Genesis based needs either P9 or higher. Most other stuff will work, or has done so far. I was using P6 unti a few weeks ago, now have only upgraded as far as P8